Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyBronco08 View Post
    Gase said he is looking to be as fast paced as possible.. and we are looking to put the pedal to the metal play as fast as possible be AGGRESIVE and score as many points as possible

i like it
    What a coach says and what they do aren't always the same. If I recall McCoy said close to the same thing last off season, when he found out we got PFM. All new O coordinators say we are going to be more aggresive (nobody wants to hear we are going to do the same thing or be more conservative (its kind of a text book answer). I'm still on the fence with this move and will put my 2 cents in once I see some of his play calling, being that this is his first attempt as an O coordinator.

vCash
    I don't believe I recall reading McCoy say that they would play "pedal to the medal" or as "fast as they can."

Not like it means much considering actions are louder than words, but I don't think you can say McCoy said the same as Gase did.

vCash
    "I've always said some no huddles are simply not huddling," Manning said during a 13-3 season in which the Broncos won 11 consecutive games. "They're not moving that quickly, not pushing the pace.

I'm just of a mind that we can get to where we can run the offense as quickly as we want to, really push the pace. The quicker we can run it, the better we can be. But some of that just takes time. You can't make up five, six years (playing together). There's no way to fast forward that time that has to be spent."

Manning and his receivers will spend a lot of time together before the Broncos start their offseason workouts in mid-April. Manning believes the offense's performance is rooted in timing and split-second decisions made at game speed by a quarterback and receivers who know what each is thinking after the ball is snapped.

Manning offered an example when he said he and former Colts receiver Marvin Harrison played together so long, they could change a play as Harrison went in motion behind Manning.

"Those are the things you're looking for," Manning said, "but it takes time. There isn't really any way to duplicate that in one season, one offseason, one set of minicamps, one training camp. You can't.

"I do know that I've enjoyed the work ethic everybody has shown. Everybody wants to get that timing and everybody knows it's about putting the work in."

Because most of Denver's offensive coaching staff has stayed intact, progress and refinement probably will come more quickly this offseason. Manning won't be learning a new playbook, new receivers and a new coaching staff.
    DP

If there was any doubt as to why Gase was promoted as the OC.

vCash
    I like the continuity that this move brings. It would have been intriguing to see a big name OC come but this makes more sense imo.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123