Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    great game god I want my computer back for the in the game chatter hate using my wifes not near tv lol lets get the rangers tomorrow
    crap whats is my name

vCash
    fleury did look good sutter was very good also glad malkin and neal did get points almost makes the over payment inb fantasy worth it lol
    crap whats is my name

vCash
    Martin actually played well I had a close eye on him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm2054 View Post
    Sutter played great, Stall was and is better but I feel sutter can become better for us then stall was. The defense and hitting are what I expected but sutters offensive game is way above what I expected.
    Yeah, I think we're talking about a different neighborhood of talent, though, here. I don't begrudge Jordan wanting to carve a place for himself as a true top centre iceman, nor wanting to play on the same team as his brother. He rejected the attempt to make him a 'guin for life, so Shero did his best. I am sorry Jordan, an original, is gone. But I am happy Sudsy had an auspicious start, and I think he will help us. I won't unfairly expect him to replace a player I basically consider irreplaceable. I agree that Sutter will contribute offense, he has hockey sense, kinda like his dad did. Welcome aboard, Brandon.

vCash
    He did play decently today. Can't wait until Morrow finally makes our blueline, though.

vCash
    Agree, Martin played much better today. He was weak last year in that series. And couldn't handle the big boys down low. Sutter looked good, was rugged, won faceoffs; he will be a very good player for us, but Jordan was in another stratosphere.

vCash
    Joba, where the hell is JZ?!

Did you notice Despres in front never wandered? It's clear he's been told once he's in the slot to stay put, and I must say I was pleased he did not succumb to the temptation to play the puck and yield position. Made some very nice passes, as well. His issue is he's still growing and has that high centre of gravity so he can get knocked off the puck at times. Hopefully, he'll lose some of that awkwardness but overall he gave a good account of himself.

vCash
    Also I hope they continue to let Despres stay up and learn on the job. It will serve us in the long run, rather than having both Engelland and Lovejoy out there...

vCash
    on Staal. Kind of hasn't really quite sunken in yet. Oh well, onward, 'guins.

vCash
    rude, not sure. He was at Cessna's site for a while, but I think that is now defunct.

vCash
    Engelland I'm about ready to kill, and we've only played one game!

vCash
    Be great to have the old gang back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rudemechanical View Post
    Joba, where the hell is JZ?!

Did you notice Despres in front never wandered? It's clear he's been told once he's in the slot to stay put, and I must say I was pleased he did not succumb to the temptation to play the puck and yield position. Made some very nice passes, as well. His issue is he's still growing and has that high centre of gravity so he can get knocked off the puck at times. Hopefully, he'll lose some of that awkwardness but overall he gave a good account of himself.
    I've been wondering that for a while. That 2009 Cup run on here was so much fun.

Anyway great win today. Anytime you beat the Flyers you gotta feel great. We got knocked back on our heels a few times but we weather the storm and held on. I thought the fore check and the penalty killing were awesome today. That was missing big time in the series last year and it was great to see them play much better. This win is huge for the confidence of this team.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rudemechanical View Post
    on Staal. Kind of hasn't really quite sunken in yet. Oh well, onward, 'guins.
    Ditto, but it will really hit home when we play Carolina. Not for another month though... And moreso if we lose a center (fingers crossed that that doesn't happen). Then we'll have no Jordan to pick up the slack. He was our best player in last year's playoffs. But he deserves to play with his brother and to see what kind of player he can become with more ice time. Sad as it is...

vCash
    Vikings, sure was a blast. Maybe JZ will get nostalgic and join us. Yeah, we did a good job in their end. Also thought, even though we flagged in the second, we used the boards well to chip out and didn't get pinned in much today. Guys were backchecking. Hopefully, they keep that up.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast