Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Gus bradley welcome to duuuuuvaaaaalllllll

New head coach. **** yeaH!!!

The Jacksonville Jaguars have hired Seattle Seahawks defensive coordinator Gus Bradley, according to a report by Adam Schefter of ESPN
    Last edited by WolvesJagsOs; 01-17-2013 at 10:15 AM.

vCash
    Well, hopefully he can fix this defense we have here. And we get to stay in the 4-3. Now let's hope he stays for more than a year.
    Nothing to see here, move along.

vCash
    I like it. Defense will get back to the 07 form. Dirty duval coming back

vCash
    the jacksonville jaguars have hired seattle seahawks defensive coordinator gus bradley, according to a report by adam schefter of espn. Many, including myself, assumed that new general manager david caldwell had been waiting on the san francisco 49ers to be eliminated from the playoffs to hire offensive coordinator greg roman.

Gus bradley is the man, however.

Known as a players coach, bradley 45, has been the defensive coordinator of the seahawks since the 2009 season. Prior to that bradley spent time as a linebackers coach and a quality control coach with the tampa bay buccaneers. Before joining the buccaneers, bradley spent 10 seasons as a defensive coach at his alma mater, north dakota state.

The seahawks defense has improved dramatically since bradley has taken over as defensive coordinator, including this past season where the seahawks allowed the fewest points in the nfl.
    -bcc

Sorry to edit your post J4L, but we need to show in the main post that the report is there.

This is amazing news, knew this was going down.

vCash
    upon the breaking news on thursday morning that gus bradley would leave his position as defensive coordinator of the seattle seahawks to accept the head coaching job of the jacksonville jaguars, three-time all-pro kick returner, leon washington, reacted to the news on twitter.

Leon washington@leon_washington

@thejvillejet yeah, he's a player coach with tons of knowledge. #jaguars will play for him

17 jan 13

shortly after posting some more tweets about bradley, washington joined jacksonville sports radio station, 1010xl, to speak about the hiring where he continued to rave.

"i'm telling you right now, the jacksonville jaguars got themselves a heck of a football coach and the players will lay it on the line for him," washington told jeff prosser and dan hicken of "sports final radio."

"the coach's job is to put the players in the best position to make plays," washington said. "the advantage with gus is that you can say 'ok, he had a great defense in seattle, now let's find similar types of guys that'll go out there and play for gus.' i promise you, get the players in there he's going to go out and get it done. He's that kind of coach."

washington joined the seahawks before the 2010 season, one year after bradley was hired by the team in january 2009.
    -bcc

vCash
    in a press release sent out on thursday, the jaguars officially announced gus bradley as the fifth head coach in jaguars franchise history. He had previously served as the defensive coordinator of the seattle seahawks for the past four seasons.

Also in the press release, bradley and general manager dave caldwell released statements regarding the hire:

Dave caldwell: "it was just a matter of time before gus bradley became a head coach in the nfl and the jacksonville jaguars are extremely fortunate that gus will be on our sidelines for many years to come. Gus more than met every criteria we insisted on from our new head coach, and his intangibles and leadership abilities are exceptional. Gus is who the jaguars need now and in the future."

gus bradley: "i am very proud to accept the offer to be the next head coach of the jacksonville jaguars. Shad khan and dave caldwell expect to win, and that's what i wanted to hear. That's why i am coming to jacksonville - to win a super bowl. I can't wait to meet everyone in jacksonville on friday and get this going."

the jaguars will introduce bradley as head coach on friday during a press conference at everbank field. The time for the conference has yet to be released.
    -bcc

vCash
    So excited for 4 reasons

Very good young coach
    Players coach
    Matt Flyn>Alex Smith
    Our defense is goin to be insane with agressive blitz now

Big Ben?Naw much better

The Future Of Jacksonville

vCash
    Prob my number 1 choice from the beginning. This could be the start of something great for this franchise
    The Future of The Jacksonville Jaguars
    Duuuuuuuvvvvaaaaaaaalllll

vCash
    Bradley runs that 4/3 3/4 hybrid. That is perfect for a guy like Moore. I could almost bet anything now we go with Moore.

vCash
    Watch this video he is the total opposite of Mularkey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofv2M...ature=youtu.be

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hotdalton18 View Post
    So excited for 4 reasons

Very good young coach
    Players coach
    Matt Flyn>Alex Smith
    Our defense is goin to be insane with agressive blitz now
    lets wait on seeing wat qb we are gonan acquire till we have an OC. Pete Carmichael JR of the saints interviewing for it.

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefterJacksonville requested permission from New Orleans to interview Pete Carmichael Jr for its OC job. New Orleans still wants to re-sign him.

vCash
    Quarterback will be Gabbert. Henne traded prior to start of season to quarterback needy team where he has a chance to start. Bob Bratkowski remains as OC. Mel Tucker remains as DC. My call.

vCash
    pete carmichael declined. so not him

vCash
    Do your jjob!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast