Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 39
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,656
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by iMac View Post
    Then Thomas isn't starting material, because he's had a lot of streaky stretches.... that goes for Brooks as well.
    Do I think Jimmer is a starter right now, I don't know. I do know he's the only PG on the roster that hasn't had a fair shot at starter minutes. I think he deserves an opportunity to show us if he can do it. He's been playing well this season, but who knows what happens down the stretch.
    I agree, we have 3 backup quality PG's on our roster. In my opinion we should trade Brooks. I expect him to opt out at the end of the season. Maybe we can get a late 1st round pick for him or something that could be worthwhile next season.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Arco
    Posts
    4,853
    vCash
    1500
    He's posting a Per of 17.1 and has a TS% .577 MASSIVE upgrades from last season and he's quadrupled his WS from last season while playing half as many games
    Last edited by Sactown; 01-18-2013 at 01:40 AM.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    571
    vCash
    1500
    lol Dwight costing the Lakers another game due to FREE THROW

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    571
    vCash
    1500
    Dwight costing LA another game due to FREE THROW shooting.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Andrew Luck's world
    Posts
    75,330
    vCash
    1500
    Bro, he's not even close to the 3point % lead. What exactly are you looking at?
    #3in5


    <3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Vontae Davis looks like Bumgarner of the San Francisco Giants. He's throwing a no hitter out there tonight" - Jon Gruden

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    571
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Bro, he's not even close to the 3point % lead. What exactly are you looking at?
    http://www.nba.com/statistics/player...xp=-1&splitDD=

    What's so hard to grasp? QUALIFIED players have to take a certain amount of shots or their percentages do NOT count. Who cares about a player that's only played two games? If you counted that, Patrick Beverly leads the league in 3pt percentage even though he's taken two threes and only played in 2 games. Dalembert and frickin' Mcgee are also tied for first as they've taken and made a whopping one three pointer.

    Come on dude.
    Last edited by Jimmer55; 01-18-2013 at 02:59 AM.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Andrew Luck's world
    Posts
    75,330
    vCash
    1500
    I stand Corrected. I remember when he was hovering around 41% and I wasn't aware he recently raised it to 43+. My apologies.. dude.
    #3in5


    <3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Vontae Davis looks like Bumgarner of the San Francisco Giants. He's throwing a no hitter out there tonight" - Jon Gruden

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    571
    vCash
    1500
    I love you.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    I'm everywhere Focker
    Posts
    1,197
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by iMac View Post
    You, like many, are downplaying such a huge facet of the game. Look at players that impacted the game that were known as great FT shooters... Jeff Hornacek, Reggie Miller, Ray Allen, Peja, Mark Price, etc. What else do they have in common? They could all shoot the 3 ball at a high %.

    If you've been watching this year, you've seen why the Kings have drafted him. He improved his entire game within a year. Ball handling, shooting (floater), and defense. Last year you could easily say he's a weak link on defense, and this year he's containing most of the PG's he's put up against. He hasn't had many games, like last year, where you say Jimmer is getting abused.

    Regardless of if you like Jimmer or not, give credit when credit is due. He's one of the Kings' most consistent players this year, hands down.
    I agree with your entire post except the bold part. Lets not act like the Kings drafted Jimmer for any other reason than to boost ticket/jersey sales and marketing for the Maloofs...the rest of the reason they drafted was to pray he would pan out. It looks like he's going to as well.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Sacramento, Ca
    Posts
    7,726
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmer55 View Post
    lol Dwight costing the Lakers another game due to FREE THROW
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Vz6ARZqznjw
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    You can't spell Worley without W.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    39
    vCash
    1500
    your going to tell me youve been watching all the games and you think Jimmer is a shut down defender?

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    7,523
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YarrowSlaps View Post
    i like Jimmer too, the only problem with him is that he cant play defense.
    and that his ball-handling skills are not where they need to be yet. An aggressive defender or a double team and he turns it over.

    I like him and he is valuable to the Kings, but he shouldn't be starting yet.
    2014 Adopt-a-Packer: Micah Hyde

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    37,921
    vCash
    1500
    LOL at why the Kings drafted him...for his FT shooting.

    Guess what, we drafted him cause our joke owners thinking Jimmer would revitalize our organization. Lets not get ahead of ourselves because Jimmer is having a great 1st Half. He was horrendous last year, and even though it was last year, he was horrendous. The way I see it, T-Rob is progressing leaps & bounds better than Jimmer since their drafts. It took a full year for Jimmer to understand how to play the game, but 3pt shooting & FT percentage has always been there.

    Trust me, if we drafted Brandon Knight, you wouldn't have to worry about inconsistent assists totals for Isaiah.
    If we drafted Leonard, you wouldn't have to be defending Jimmer's average defense.

    We didn't draft him for FT's or any of that ****. We drafted him as a selling product, and successful organizations draft on BPA, not a gimmick. Jimmer wasn't the BPA, or anywhere close to that, but he was to the Maloof's and their ulterior motives. He's attached to the Maloof's (and you can write me off for saying that) but he's just one of the reasons why this franchise continues in its mediocrity

    Love talking **** about Jimmer.
    He shoots, he hustles, but is undersized and won't get extended minutes. It's like we are writing off Isaiah because Jimmer plays so well off the bench. Of course he plays well off the bench, that's where he belongs. Isaiah delivered last year, and won over Smart. Call it a hoax, but he managed to deserve those minutes when Jimmer was chucking and chucking and chucking and chucking last year. Plus, Jimmer comes in for immediate offense, and the offense slacks off. When he's in the game, he demands the ball. However you want to spin it, Jimmer comes off the bench for points.....not facilitating the offense or defense....his sole purpose is to shoot. You give him extended minutes, you'll see a whole bunch of Jimmer waiting for the ball, and shooting. I see that everyday with Aaron Brooks, but Brooks is a lot more aggressive and experienced. Jimmer is looking to shoot and score, and because of that, he's a bench player at heart.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    571
    vCash
    1500
    ahahaha PATHETIC.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    571
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CityofTreez View Post
    LOL at why the Kings drafted him...for his FT shooting.

    Guess what, we drafted him cause our joke owners thinking Jimmer would revitalize our organization. Lets not get ahead of ourselves because Jimmer is having a great 1st Half. He was horrendous last year, and even though it was last year, he was horrendous. The way I see it, T-Rob is progressing leaps & bounds better than Jimmer since their drafts. It took a full year for Jimmer to understand how to play the game, but 3pt shooting & FT percentage has always been there.

    Trust me, if we drafted Brandon Knight, you wouldn't have to worry about inconsistent assists totals for Isaiah.
    If we drafted Leonard, you wouldn't have to be defending Jimmer's average defense.

    We didn't draft him for FT's or any of that ****. We drafted him as a selling product, and successful organizations draft on BPA, not a gimmick. Jimmer wasn't the BPA, or anywhere close to that, but he was to the Maloof's and their ulterior motives. He's attached to the Maloof's (and you can write me off for saying that) but he's just one of the reasons why this franchise continues in its mediocrity

    Love talking **** about Jimmer.
    He shoots, he hustles, but is undersized and won't get extended minutes. It's like we are writing off Isaiah because Jimmer plays so well off the bench. Of course he plays well off the bench, that's where he belongs. Isaiah delivered last year, and won over Smart. Call it a hoax, but he managed to deserve those minutes when Jimmer was chucking and chucking and chucking and chucking last year. Plus, Jimmer comes in for immediate offense, and the offense slacks off. When he's in the game, he demands the ball. However you want to spin it, Jimmer comes off the bench for points.....not facilitating the offense or defense....his sole purpose is to shoot. You give him extended minutes, you'll see a whole bunch of Jimmer waiting for the ball, and shooting. I see that everyday with Aaron Brooks, but Brooks is a lot more aggressive and experienced. Jimmer is looking to shoot and score, and because of that, he's a bench player at heart.
    Horrible post. lol, you really are ignorant.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •