Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Jimmer now 1st in NBA in FT% and 3rd in 3pt%...

Jimmer is already the best shooter in the world, IMO. Then, couple that with his improved ball handling and defense, you now have your starting SG/PG along with Tyreke. Tyreke can guard the best guard each night. HOW ARE THEY NOT STARTING TOGETHER? Jimmer spaces the floor for Reke and DMC. You HAVE to stay glued to Jimmer. It opens the lanes up.

DO THE RIGHT THING, SMART, AND GIVE THIS TEAM THE BEST CHANCE TO WIN AND THE FANS WHAT THEY WANT. THIS IS RIDICULOUS.

vCash
    I'm on board with this. I would like to see Jimmer get a few starts and see how he responds.
    ]

vCash
    Cool. He shoots FT's well.

The easiest part of basketball, not extraordinary or anything.
    All these players should make their FT's!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CityofTreez View Post
    Cool. He shoots FT's well.

The easiest part of basketball, not extraordinary or anything.
    All these players should make their FT's!
    FT shooting is very important, especially down the stretch of close games. Jimmer has closed out a few close games this season. John Wall, just LAST NIGHT, missed two shots that gave the Kings the WIN. The Lakers have lost games due to Dwight's FT shooting.

What's your point?!

vCash
    My point?

It's cool, but nothing impressive since that's what he does best. Shoot.

vCash
    My point?

It's cool, but nothing impressive since that's what he does best. Shoot.
    Hater. Troll. Hater troll.

vCash
    I still think Isaiah is better but he should certainly get more minutes.

vCash
    So, that's why we drafted him....for FT's!

vCash
    Would like to see what Jimmer can do with starter mins. He's definitely playing great with the limited time he gets now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle N. View Post
    I still think Isaiah is better but he should certainly get more minutes.
    Isaiah is way to inconsistent on both ends of the floor. If he avg. 6+ assist, then all that other stuff doesn't matter. He doesn't necessarily do one thing great... where with Jimmer he's deadly behind the arc and at the FT line.

It bothers me that he's suppose to be the starting PG and make things happen, but yet John Salmons is the Kings leading assist man at 3.3/gm

vCash
    So, that's why we drafted him....for FT's!
    You, like many, are downplaying such a huge facet of the game. Look at players that impacted the game that were known as great FT shooters... Jeff Hornacek, Reggie Miller, Ray Allen, Peja, Mark Price, etc. What else do they have in common? They could all shoot the 3 ball at a high %.

If you've been watching this year, you've seen why the Kings have drafted him. He improved his entire game within a year. Ball handling, shooting (floater), and defense. Last year you could easily say he's a weak link on defense, and this year he's containing most of the PG's he's put up against. He hasn't had many games, like last year, where you say Jimmer is getting abused.

Regardless of if you like Jimmer or not, give credit when credit is due. He's one of the Kings' most consistent players this year, hands down.

vCash
    I am still not sold on Jimmer, he has come a long ways since last season. I don't think at this point he is starter material but last season I did not think he was NBA material so he has improved.

Until the last 2 games he had a bad stretch of 6 games where he played 80 minutes.

He was

7 of 29 from the field (less than 25%)
    3 assists
    9 turnovers
    1 steal
    1 rebound

He was 3 of 10 from 3 point range in that stretch. Nothing terrible but at the same time not a positive.
    7 of the 9 from the free throw line. He was getting to the free throw line about once every 17 minutes played.

The 6 games before the last 2 he was terrible. He did not deserve playing time.

With all that said we are not making the playoffs, I would like to see Jimmer and T-Rob play more for development reasons. I however can see Keith Smarts point of view, he wants to play the players that he thinks will get him wins. More wins equals better chance he retains his job.
    Last edited by Plague; 01-17-2013 at 11:11 PM.

vCash
    i like Jimmer too, the only problem with him is that he cant play defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YarrowSlaps View Post
    i like Jimmer too, the only problem with him is that he cant play defense.
    you obviously haven't been watching kings basketball this year then...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I am still not sold on Jimmer, he has come a long ways since last season. I don't think at this point he is starter material but last season I did not think he was NBA material so he has improved.
    Then Thomas isn't starting material, because he's had a lot of streaky stretches.... that goes for Brooks as well.
    Do I think Jimmer is a starter right now, I don't know. I do know he's the only PG on the roster that hasn't had a fair shot at starter minutes. I think he deserves an opportunity to show us if he can do it. He's been playing well this season, but who knows what happens down the stretch.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast