Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

iPad 3 VS. iPad Mini

Sorry really didn't want to make another iPad whatever thread, but I have the option of trading my iPad 3 (16gigs) for a Mini (32gigs). I'm torn because I feel the iPad 3 is nice to have at home and I love having a large screen, but for some reason I don't want to take it to school or outside of my house really. Then there is the Mini which I've used frequently, the smaller screen does bother me a bit, but it's great portability wise. Plus I've already maxed out the 16 gigs and want more space.

Is there anything that the mini has that might fully convince me to trade or a reason I should just stick with what I have. BTW I'm trading with my dad so if i REALLY wanted to get the 3 back I could, but it would be lame since I'll restore it for him.

vCash
    Mini does not have retina display which your ipad 3 does. Something to consider.

vCash
    My wife and I still use the first gen iPad although we both have iPhone 4 which has retina display and it doesn't really make that big of a difference between the two.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityFlyer View Post
    Mini does not have retina display which your ipad 3 does. Something to consider.
    Yeah that seems like the biggest difference really. Ended up keeping mine just because I found out he got a 16 gig instead of 32 and wasn't worth it anymore after that. I love watching Netflix/ YouTube on my iPad even if it is heavier.

vCash
    I don't get the point of an iPad mini. Oversized iPhone?

Go Braves/49ers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 76ersai0309 View Post
    The mini is (in my opinion) only designed to be a reader. It isn't meant for games or anything more than to browse the newspaper or books.

I think I will get it and give my ipad 2 to my brother but that's because I will use it as a reader.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 76ersai0309 View Post
    I like the size of it actually. I wouldn't even mind selling my iPad 3 and getting a 32 gig mini. Holding the ipad 3 can get tiring and that is what annoys me the most, the Mini feels so much more lightweight and better for traveling. I'm sure it'll probably get a retina display too sometime down the line which would make it even better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Superman* View Post
    I like the size of it actually. I wouldn't even mind selling my iPad 3 and getting a 32 gig mini. Holding the ipad 3 can get tiring and that is what annoys me the most, the Mini feels so much more lightweight and better for traveling. I'm sure it'll probably get a retina display too sometime down the line which would make it even better.
    Yes, the retina display is supposed to be coming out next product launch.

vCash
    Saw that coming. Typical Apple can't give you everything at one time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Superman* View Post
    Saw that coming. Typical Apple can't give you everything at one time.
    You either get all the new features or you get quicker releases. Apple has chosen to go to a quicker release model. There is always a balance. Its much better than Microsoft's release style, which is a long release style and still lacking the features that people want.

vCash
    As a consumer quick releases should piss you off. Yes technology is advancing (not in this case) and it's a business tactic, but it makes it much harder to have all the newest features without upgrading your device every 1-2 years. I know what they are doing, but as I said as a consumer it isn't something I am too pleased about. Also what features are you referring to from Microsoft, just curious.

vCash
    If you're smart about it, you can trade/sell products to cover a majority of the cost of the newer version. Dont really have an issue with quick upgrades. As the consumer, I have the ability to skip a version/release if I only see mediocre upgrades.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    If you're smart about it, you can trade/sell products to cover a majority of the cost of the newer version. Dont really have an issue with quick upgrades. As the consumer, I have the ability to skip a version/release if I only see mediocre upgrades.
    I was able to sell my 3G for $80 when I bought by 4 by skipping the 3GS release. I wasn't able to sell my 4 this time but that's because the screen is all busted up and so I use it as an iPod to save my phone battery.

vCash
    Sorry off topic but does anyone have issues playing YouTube videos on their Ipad?

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL#22 View Post
    Sorry off topic but does anyone have issues playing YouTube videos on their Ipad?
    Download the new youtube app. Should be #1 on the top 25 free. Works pretty well.