Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 123
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    33,928
    vCash
    2766
    Quote Originally Posted by JPS View Post
    Awesome accomplishment is he the youngest ever and not the quickest to get to this point or both? Due to him entering the league so young and all.
    This is what I was thinking.
    Just goes to show how special MJ really was.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    \_(ツ)_/
    Posts
    64,457
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by JPS View Post
    Awesome accomplishment is he the youngest ever and not the quickest to get to this point or both? Due to him entering the league so young and all.
    MJ got there in fewer games and seasons. Not sure how many, but he got there in his 9th season, and in probably just over 600 games. This is LeBron's 10th season and he's played in 726 games.

    LeBron has gotten to 5,000 assists WAY faster than MJ though. MJ only finished with 5,633 career assists for his entire career.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

    Love y'all!

    Except for all of y'all.

    #FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In the gym
    Posts
    2,343
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Borough View Post
    i really have to start watching some Heat games, this guy is a monster
    Same here...

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,337
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kntresistheheat View Post
    I'm sorry, but MJ had pippen, and a great supporting cast. After that he got another HOF rebounding machine RODMAN. Don't tell me he never had superstars on his team. I lived in Chicago for 13 years and watched all of the Bulls game since 87. Don't get me started with Kobe, he had prime shaq, horry, ect.... Oh wait! A few other supstars joined them Malone and Payton but never won. Now, not taking anything away from them because those 2 guys in my mind are the 2 best players with lebron creeping right up.
    Rodman was never a superstar. And it took a few years for MJ to develop Pippen into one (who was never top 5 in the league). It's not like he left the Bulls to join Magic or Bird. Just saying, you're comparing apples and oranges.
    Quote Originally Posted by SwatTeam View Post
    If Lebron can stretch out his arm from half court and dunk on a buzzer beater to beat the monSTARS and save planet Earth from annihilation and forced slavery with Bill Murray and Newman from Seinfeld as his teammates, then he will be considered the GOAT.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    HCA (Homecourt Advantage)
    Posts
    65,642
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    But for you to act like those players had equal impacts IS wrong. And that's what you do.

    We can bicker about semantics, and how LeBron did have another "Hall of Famer" on his team...but that's not the point. That is just semantics. The reality is Rodman was infinitely more valuable and infinitely better at that junction of his career than Shaq and especially Wallace.
    They did.

    Rodman had a 13.6, 13.9 and 12.4 PER on the Bulls as well as a .143, .148 and .131 WS/48

    Ben Wallace had a 12.4, 12.2 and .138 WS/48 on the Cavs.

    Rodman was 35-37 while Wallace was 33, 34 on the Cavs
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

    Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    \_(ツ)_/
    Posts
    64,457
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    They did.

    Rodman had a 13.6, 13.9 and 12.4 PER on the Bulls as well as a .143, .148 and .131 WS/48

    Ben Wallace had a 12.4, 12.2 and .138 WS/48 on the Cavs.

    Rodman was 35-37 while Wallace was 33, 34 on the Cavs
    Rodman also played heavy minutes, those other two did not.

    Rodman also defended at a way higher level than those other two. Rodman was also the league's leading rebounder.

    You honestly think Shaq and Wallace, in their Cleveland days, were as impacting as Rodman was during his Bulls days?
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

    Love y'all!

    Except for all of y'all.

    #FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,265
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    You missed the point. He said MJ got a Hall of Fame Rebounder in Rodman, that is the same thing that Lebron got in Ben Wallace. Also it was not like Shaq was bad, he was the allstar game mvp winner the season before and in the pivotal game 5 was the best player on the Cavs. But let's not get into this again.
    Hahahaha. LOL. hahahahahhaha. HAHAHAHAHHAHA. OH MY GOD. Dude you should be a comedian full time, you make the best jokes.


    TANKRONTO TANKTORS

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In the gym
    Posts
    2,343
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    MJ got there in fewer games and seasons. Not sure how many, but he got there in his 9th season, and in probably just over 600 games. This is LeBron's 10th season and he's played in 726 games.

    LeBron has gotten to 5,000 assists WAY faster than MJ though. MJ only finished with 5,633 career assists for his entire career.
    Yep...

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5,787
    vCash
    1500
    Congrats to Lebron! Will NEVER be the GOAT, and he will NEVER pass MJ. but an all time great indeed..

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,273
    vCash
    1500
    Me personally don't think Jordan had the best supporting casts either. I also don't think any of those Cleveland teams (with Mike Brown coaching) were championship teams and they would have been lottery without LeBron.

    LeBron is gunning for that #2 spot, because he will NOT catch Jordan.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    \_(ツ)_/
    Posts
    64,457
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by HouRealCoach View Post
    Me personally don't think Jordan had the best supporting casts either. I also don't think any of those Cleveland teams (with Mike Brown coaching) were championship teams and they would have been lottery without LeBron.

    LeBron is gunning for that #2 spot, because he will NOT catch Jordan.
    Oh, I definitely agree with all of this. MJ's casts weren't all-time greats, but they were obviously great. LeBron's casts were full of players who did their part and played great defense, but he only played with a 20+ PER player twice in his career in Cleveland. They weren't championship caliber, but he almost made them look like that...something I don't think anyone else in the league at the time could have. To suggest they were equals is bit foolish, but whatever. That's history. LeBron can write his legacy based on what's in front of him.

    I can't see how he tops Jordan in most people's eyes though. He might ultimately get close, but MJ is on an untouchable pedestal, and mostly deservedly so. LeBron probably won't pass Kobe in most people's eyes either, unless he wins a ton more rings.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

    Love y'all!

    Except for all of y'all.

    #FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5,787
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Oh, I definitely agree with all of this. MJ's casts weren't all-time greats, but they were obviously great. LeBron's casts were full of players who did their part and played great defense, but he only played with a 20+ PER player twice in his career in Cleveland. They weren't championship caliber, but he almost made them look like that...something I don't think anyone else in the league at the time could have. To suggest they were equals is bit foolish, but whatever. That's history. LeBron can write his legacy based on what's in front of him.

    I can't see how he tops Jordan in most people's eyes though. He might ultimately get close, but MJ is on an untouchable pedestal, and mostly deservedly so. LeBron probably won't pass Kobe in most people's eyes either, unless he wins a ton more rings.
    Lebron can pass Kobe if he is on a team that keeps great players (Rose, Howard, Durant, etc) from winning. He has to at least repeat if not 3peat. A couple times. So if he can repeat a couple times then i think he can pass Kobe. Along with the other accolades.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    South Philly
    Posts
    2,331
    vCash
    1500
    Congrats to the beast Lebron. If some people would just put all the hate aside for a moment, they could step back and just appreciate watching a player of this caliber play on a nightly basis. To me he is the best all-around player I have seen since Jordan retired the first time and that's something people should love watching. He won't ever catch Jordan, but he gunning for that Top 5 all-time spot.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Miami,fl
    Posts
    5,333
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by smiddy012 View Post
    Rodman was never a superstar. And it took a few years for MJ to develop Pippen into one (who was never top 5 in the league). It's not like he left the Bulls to join Magic or Bird. Just saying, you're comparing apples and oranges.
    WOW! I'm I the only one besides RAM that really seen that bulls team?
    FEAR US!!!

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,273
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Oh, I definitely agree with all of this. MJ's casts weren't all-time greats, but they were obviously great. LeBron's casts were full of players who did their part and played great defense, but he only played with a 20+ PER player twice in his career in Cleveland. They weren't championship caliber, but he almost made them look like that...something I don't think anyone else in the league at the time could have. To suggest they were equals is bit foolish, but whatever. That's history. LeBron can write his legacy based on what's in front of him.

    I can't see how he tops Jordan in most people's eyes though. He might ultimately get close, but MJ is on an untouchable pedestal, and mostly deservedly so. LeBron probably won't pass Kobe in most people's eyes either, unless he wins a ton more rings.
    Yeah Jordan will never be eclipsed by anyone walking earth right now. But LeBron & Kobe will always be a toss up because Kobe has 5 rings but LeBron's individual accomplishments are much more impressive but if LeBron gets 2 or 3 more then I think he will distance himself but I won't count Kobe out of getting his sixth because that could really widen the gap in most minds.

    I remember in LeBron's sophmore season towards the end the race was getting tight for that last playoff spot and he told his coach that he would play the full game if needed and indeed that is what he did but he ended up losing a 42-40 tiebreaker to New Jersey. That there let me know he was a force to be reckoned with and would have a huge impact on this league. Since that moment his team has never been lower than a 4th seed and he's been a 1st or 2nd seed in 5 of the last 6 seasons

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •