Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Enforcers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SensandRaps View Post
    not all enforcers are like this, there are some enforcers who can actually play the game
    Shawn Thornton

vCash
    What would have happened?

He would have fought Weber (maybe, I'm not even sure this is true, Weber would have to agree)? What would this have accomplished

Weber should have been suspended, if the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrice9 View Post
    Waste of roster spots.

There's a reason they don't play in the playoffs
    Couldn't agree more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    Shawn Thornton
    Saying Thornton can play is a stretch.

He can sort of but he's still one of the least talented players in the NHL. There's a reason he played 9 minutes a game last year

vCash
    What would have happened?

He would have fought Weber (maybe, I'm not even sure this is true, Weber would have to agree)? What would this have accomplished

Weber should have been suspended, if the
    worse comes to worse probert could have just pulled a carkner, if you are going to pull a cheap tactic on the other teams star players than act like a ***** you deserve to get your *** kicked. even if he was to get suspended big deal since they max play 10-15 minutes a game

vCash
    I'm not a big enforcer guy but I respect policemen. I look at enforcers more as guys who start stuff (Dave Brown) and policemen more as guys who stick yup for other players. Nick Fotiu was a policemen in my mind.

Clark Gillies and Barry Beck were great cause they were feared as fighters and still talented players. Ditto Cam Neely.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite no matter what their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful poster please do not expect a reply.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SensandRaps View Post
    worse comes to worse probert could have just pulled a carkner, if you are going to pull a cheap tactic on the other teams star players than act like a ***** you deserve to get your *** kicked. even if he was to get suspended big deal since they max play 10-15 minutes a game
    Your basically justifying cheap shots/intent to injure plays in retaliation for cheap shots.

vCash
    Your basically justifying cheap shots/intent to injure plays in retaliation for cheap shots.
    Have to agree with you on your posts in this thread jrice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Have to agree with you on your posts in this thread jrice.
    See we can agree on some things Ink?

vCash
    See we can agree on some things Ink?
    We probably agree on a lot more than we think.

vCash
    the thing is though it doesnt even need to reach a point where it gets to a cheap shot, you hit the other teams star player(clean or dirty) you know, i know everyone knows the player now has a target on his back and is most likely going to be expected to fight to answer the bell so to speak. now you can be a complete tool and not fight which is basically asking for retaliation on either you or one of your teammates or you can fight and let it be done with. a good example of that was rene bourque last season, got backstrom with a dirty elbow while on the flames then gets traded to the habs, he knew the fight was coming so first shift in he accepts it and gets out of the way. another example was neils hit on boychuk (i personally thought it was clean but to each his own) he knew the fight was coming and took on chara next time out. actions have consequences and the longer you delay them the bigger the fallout

vCash
    Pretty much. I realize the league is trying to do away with cheap shots, but they haven't. Heck, they are not even consistent on their discplinary action yet. Weber got a $2500 fine for this hit on Zetterberg. Bertuzzi did fight Weber in the next game, if you want to call it that, , but I feel a lot of teams take extra liberties with players on teams when they don't have to fear some type of retaliatory action from the other team.

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=...n%20zetterberg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    I love them. Who do you guys think some of the greatest enforcers of all time are?

As a Wild fan, I have I have never seen anybody electrify the crowd and teammates as much as Derek Boogaard. I have yet to see a better highlight reel from an enforcer than this one...RIP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR1EGzp9DLY

Not trying to set this thread up as "my enforcer is better than your enforcer," I just want to see some badass hockey players.

Doug Glatt is also a beast.
    Majority of that video, he was falling, or getting his *** kicked..
    The Quest For Lombardi
    Bringin' It Back Home

Where It All Began

vCash
    Remember the John Scott Kevin Wesgarth fight?
    The Quest For Lombardi
    Bringin' It Back Home

Where It All Began

vCash
    laraque

simply because he was the worst skater ive ever seen

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast