Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

I have the perfect solution for those unhappy with the PSD update

Here's my opinion of what I think will help with many of the complaints. Visually the site just strains the eyes. There's entirely way too much white background!!! If you look at the posts in a thread the only color that seperates them is the black bar with the post # and date/time. I truly believe that if you guys put a background color on the section of each posters screen name/stats section it would make a world of difference.

Here is a pic of what I'm talking about. If you make this change I guarantee that most of the members would be extremely happy. Let me know what you think.

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/1497/enzopsdfix.jpg
    Last edited by Enzo; 01-17-2013 at 12:15 AM.

vCash
    Any color would be nice, there is too much white.

vCash
    Put the damn team colors back in there

vCash
    They need to just...get rid of this white. My eyes are ruined looking at this forum longer than 10 minutes.

vCash
    Great idea. I approve.

vCash
    I second this.

vCash
    I like this idea.

vCash
    Put this guy on the team.

vCash
    Blue's not my colour. Sorry.

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    They are doing a complete redesign of the site, main and forums. The admins / sdi wanted to get vb4.2 in first though. Give it some time guys, once everything is put in place I think we'll all be happy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johann View Post
    Blue's not my colour. Sorry.
    LOL It doesn't have to be Blue per say. That was just a quick example. Basically any color the site admins decide on is fine with me. Just add some color so my eyes stop bleeding.

vCash
    I've been saying this for a minute... I'm sure they plan on changing it... The idea of the proposed example looks great (especially with a gray) but I'm down for a different look altogether, pick the background color and don't choose white. Grab a gray that is just barely warm for the background and you could continue to use red in certain areas, you can even use shades of blue & a black. Here is an example color scheme. http://www.colorcombos.com/color-sch...rCombo196.html Has the red, blue, & black that defines "Sports" plus the gray & warm colors to neutralize it to make it easier on the eyes. Putting it all together is a different story because too many colors is too many and if not done perfectly, feedback and support will be raging, but it is definitely possible! I'm don't care for the custom colors for each team, too tacky and you would have to keep the white background if you were going to use custom team colors.

I know turning on PSD in a dark room is worse than staring into the sun, lol... Even in the light, the white is straining on the eyes!

vCash
    more color less white
    King Remembered In Time
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

12/7/12 R.I.P Off-topic-forum amigo.

Want to be President of PSD? Post here to enroll. No skills needed!
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ction-Nominees

vCash
    My main complaint is the huge mail envelope logos at the start of every thread, and how tiny the thread text is in comparison. The little numbers of the thread pages are miniscule, too.

The forum also uses only a tiny amount of space on the screen. It barely takes up half of my 25" monitor. Other forums on the internet expand to fill your screen.

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J4KOP99 View Post
    Put the damn team colors back in there
    The team colors, I believe, will be on the black bar, and not the white section. But they are coming, there's some that are just broken right now and need to be fixed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast