Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 91 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    I liked Bradley. I dont know if it was his Tampa 2 style soft cover zone that repeatedly screwed us on 3rd down or not. We'll see...
    I really am not great with X's and O's but i don't think we played Tampa 2 it was more man to man type stuff.

Just about that action boss.

vCash
    “We need to improve our guys, we need another pass rusher,” said Carroll, who then amended that statement to include, “We’re going to have to double it up, we’re going to need a couple of guys.”
    I could see us moving Irivin to OLB and drafting another pass rusher first overal. Maybe Alex Okafor is he's there? Irvin could possibly be our version of Von Miller, and we have history of players moving positions and working out

PSD NFL Mock Draft | Seattle Seahawks GM
    2nd Demarcus Lawrence DE/OLB Boise State
    3rd Martavis Bryant WR Clemson
    3rd Trai Turner OG LSU
    4th Brent Urban DT Virginia
    4th Terrence West RB Towson
    5th Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    7th Laurent Duvernay-Tardif OT McGill (Canada)

vCash

Darell Bevell Contract Extension

Seattle Seahawks offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell is staying in Seattle after being pursued for a handful of head coaching vacancies around the league.

Now he has a new deal in Seattle.

According to John Clayton of ESPN, the Seahawks gave Bevell a new contract to remain as their offensive coordinator.

Bevell was one of three finalists for the Chicago Bears job that ultimately went to Marc Trestman. Bevell interviewed with the Arizona Cardinals on Wednesday before Indianapolis Colts offensive coordinator Bruce Arians accepted the job Thursday evening.

Bevell was also scheduled to interview with the Jacksonville Jaguars before Seahawks defensive coordinator Gus Bradley took the job Thursday morning.

Part of the reason Bevell was in demand was because of the improvement of the Seahawks offense over the final half of the season. Seattle had been averaging just 16.6 points per game through the first seven weeks of the season. The Seahawks added tweaked their offense and added more zone-read concepts to cater to quarterback Russell Wilson mid-season and the offense took off.

The Seahawks went 8-3 over the final 11 games of the season (including the playoffs) and averaging 31.6 points per game over that span.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-new-contract/

I am glad we were able to keep him.

vCash
    Seahawks offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell also was a candidate for the Arizona job but withdrew because Seattle gave him a new contract, a source told ESPN.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/88...ng-team-source
    Last edited by NateyB24; 01-18-2013 at 01:21 AM.

vCash
    I am very excited about our coaching decisions. I like Quin and keeping Bevell was huge.

PSD NFL Mock Draft | Seattle Seahawks GM
    2nd Demarcus Lawrence DE/OLB Boise State
    3rd Martavis Bryant WR Clemson
    3rd Trai Turner OG LSU
    4th Brent Urban DT Virginia
    4th Terrence West RB Towson
    5th Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    7th Laurent Duvernay-Tardif OT McGill (Canada)

vCash
    Bevell re-signing is a big thing. Continuity for a young QB (even though our QB doesn't play young) is a GREAT thing. Not to mention the other players that are developing (Mainly Tate and Turbin).
    I GOT THIS!!!
    "THE SEPARATION IS IN THE PREPARATION"

vCash
    We have DL guru, LB guru, DB guru, and a drafting guru. Wow.

Saw someone call Idzik a cap guru too. I love our staff.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    I really am not great with X's and O's but i don't think we played Tampa 2 it was more man to man type stuff.
    I get what you're saying and this is what is constantly exploited last year. It is a hybrid of a Old school Tampa 2.
    Limitations to the Tampa-2

There are major holes involved in the Tampa-2 such as the deep out between the corner and the safeties as well as a short slant or three-yard hitch between the corners and the outside linebackers. That is why it is imperative for the defensive line to collapse the pocket as quickly as possible. Not allowing the QB to read the defense is key in the Tampa-2.
    http://www.windycitygridiron.com/200...pa-2-explained

Now this may not be 100% accurate, but I have seen this issue very common when a team doesn't get a great pass rush
    I GOT THIS!!!
    "THE SEPARATION IS IN THE PREPARATION"

vCash
    Last edited by NateyB24; 01-18-2013 at 02:43 AM.

vCash
    I get what you're saying and this is what is constantly exploited last year. It is a hybrid of a Old school Tampa 2.

http://www.windycitygridiron.com/200...pa-2-explained

Now this may not be 100% accurate, but I have seen this issue very common when a team doesn't get a great pass rush
    Ok maybe i am wrong this sounds a lot like what have been going on with our collapses soft coverage.

vCash
    Cool. Now fix your play call and we are good.

vCash
    Bevell re-signing is a big thing. Continuity for a young QB (even though our QB doesn't play young) is a GREAT thing. Not to mention the other players that are developing (Mainly Tate and Turbin).
    This may be the key signing of our off season. We do NOT want to Alex Smith our new QB by having him try to run a different offense every single year. Let him grow and develop into a consumate pro and absolute master of the offense Bevell has going. Given a little time, I have no doubt he will.
    I'm going to list ALEC in credits as associate producer of creating horrifying things for us to talk about -John Oliver

People who think the least powerful members of society are responsible for most of its problems are deluded, at best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    Ok maybe i am wrong this sounds a lot like what have been going on with our collapses soft coverage.
    Generally, we ran man to man. However, in a few late collapses we went to a prevent zone something like a Tampa 2. Our personnel are much better suited to man to man. The issue in the final game was that we couldn't effectively run our regular man to man defense without Clemons in there -- Ryan had a day and a half to throw. Thus we had to go to unfamiliar and uncomfortable blitzes to try to get to him, disrupting what we had done on D all year, and leading to some key completions. Given that damage, we swapped to zone at the very end, with even worse results. In other words, losing Clemons made us poorer at our regular defense, and even worse at ones we usually don't play as much (zone and heavy blitzing). At least that is my impression.
    I'm going to list ALEC in credits as associate producer of creating horrifying things for us to talk about -John Oliver

People who think the least powerful members of society are responsible for most of its problems are deluded, at best.

vCash
    What do you guys do with Matt Flynn? Not a great rookie QB class. Free agent QB's aren't that great either (assuming Flacco will get franchised or signed). There could be a big market for Flynn. Jets, Bills, Cardinals, Chiefs or Jags are a few off the top of my head. We are in a good situation though. I would need at least a third round pick + to even think of moving Flynn. Thoughts?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Cool. Now fix your play call and we are good.
    The first 6 games i would agree with you but after that he really opened it up for Wilson.

Page 2 of 91 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast