Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Would you rather give Raul the playing time?

Makes no sense to not at least give him a couple months
    I think he's traded before spring training. For a pitcher.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Matusz? Makes sense.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Matusz? Makes sense.
    id love that

vCash
    Yeah. I have always liked Matusz a bit and there were rumors of them being interested in Smoak.

I'm totally guessing though.

vCash
    Yeah, it would be a bust for bust (at least so far).

vCash
    Would you rather give Raul the playing time?

Makes no sense to not at least give him a couple months
    As if Smoak not playing means only Raul can play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    As if Smoak not playing means only Raul can play.
    Raul, Wells, Bay. Woo fricken hoo.

vCash
    this lineup dialogue is like.... u want chicken pot pie for dinner or hamburger helper?

vCash
    ^ And what would you call 2012's? It sure as hell isn't a nice New York steak.

"King Felix has hurled more mega quality starts since 2010 than 14 entire MLB teams."
    http://dynamik-farr.deviantart.com/

vCash
    i was way more encouraged going into last season than i am this yr. we had to put hope in young guys but now we have glaring deficiency to try and ignore.

i am actually starting to think its possible montero could be dealt... i hope not tho.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post
    i was way more encouraged going into last season than i am this yr. we had to put hope in young guys but now we have glaring deficiency to try and ignore.

i am actually starting to think its possible montero could be dealt... i hope not tho.
    Then we have no catcher... I don't see how Jaso being moved tells you that..?

vCash
    it follows the trend of head-scratching moves....and im hardly convinced montero is a C (obviously we are still going to sign a C or 2)

it seems like smoak or montero have to be moved, montero actually has trade value.

vCash
    But this should tell you they think of Montero as a catcher. They aren't going to trade both catchers and go with some leftover FA. Makes no sense, no matter what you think of Jack.

Just a weird conclusion for you to come to.

vCash
    But this should tell you they think of Montero as a catcher. They aren't going to trade both catchers and go with some leftover FA. Makes no sense, no matter what you think of Jack.

Just a weird conclusion for you to come to.
    yet in the last draft they took a C 3rd overall.... and what conclusion did i come to? i said im starting to think its possible... and it could be very possibly... who saw a jaso for morse swap coming?
    Last edited by Rain City; 01-18-2013 at 12:21 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    I think the John Jaso we saw last season is a little better than the John Jaso we'll see the next three years. Maybe a .265/.365/.400

Morse was not even a superior run creator. He was worse. 113 wRC+ as opposed to Jaso's 143.

You're also reverting to 2003 pre-Moneyball ways.

Morse 2011 was a better hitter than Jaso but I don't think he comes close to those numbers again.
    I think that's an anti-Morse homer in you more than anything. You love Jaso, so you're destined to hate Morse no matter what. There's no solid reason to think Morse can't bring back his 2011 numbers, aside from a couple columnists/media guys reaching for the anti-stars in trying to bring Morse down. I've read the articles saying he can't do it next year, but with no good reasoning behind it (each thing I've read had loopholes). Granted, I'm the homer that always thought Morse could swing a good bat, even from his first MLB promotion. I thought we didn't give him the chance he deserved... every time he came up he did well, but we said it wasn't good enough. Good enough for what?? He hit the ball damn well, albeit with a lack of walks... but that was the Bavasi era when walks didn't mean as much to the M's brass. Still, I've always thought Morse could eventually hit like this, like 2011... I've thought it from the time he was still in the minors. He was too big to be a SS, but I think people saw the letters "SS" and thought there was no way he could hit for power. Surprise surprise...

Anyway, if I had to bet, then no, I won't bet on a full reproduction of 2011, but I would bet on closer to 2011 than 2012. I'll say a .340+ wOBA and a 130+ wRC+, and 140+ games played/started. Jaso may have better numbers in those two categories (wOBA and wRC+), but I'll bet Morse has more in the overrated counting stats, simply because he'll get to play more often, even though Jaso will be properly used in Oakland. Here's a question... in fantasy baseball, who do you draft first, given the teams they're now on, Jaso or Morse? And act like a fantasy baseball championship rides on the decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post

Seriously? Is it based more on the state of the Mariners team, or the Angles officially joining the ranks of the Rangers? In terms of my expectations of this team, I think we're already better off than last year... and I mean in terms of my pre-season expectations. Last year I expected 77 wins, and I wasn't far off. This year I think we should get over .500... and that's if the kids don't mature and really come into their own. If Ackley, Saunders, Montero, Seager and Smoak all improve beyond what they did last year, this team could get up towards the 90 win area. Of course the pitching rotation is also a question mark, but even then there's some room for improvement if things fell into place.
    Last edited by CamraMaan; 01-18-2013 at 08:31 AM.

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast