Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle4Ever View Post
    I'm not saying he's awesome, but it hasn't even been two years since he's had a very, very good year. Mediocre is quite an overstatement.
    Wouldn't it be an understatement? I agree, mediocre bat is an understatement and he had a couple years when he had shown some decent pop. The fact that we consistently see players come from the NL to the AL and have a down season doesn't help me think he's going to be having a 2011 season. The fact that he leaves a neutral park and comes to a pitchers park(IMO it's still going to be a pitchers park) and the fact that he's a miserable fielder on a one year contract does nothing for me. I want to see this team get better not make even moves to stay in the same spot they were, 4th place.

I just see the moves of Bay, Ibanez, morales and morse as desperation moves by Z trying to throw some sort of offense on the field to appease the fans. While only creating a more difficult time for a manager who is poor at putting lineups together by overstocking players who cannot play defense and should all be playing 1b/DH. Oh and who are also all on one year deals. I just don't feel like we e even come close to moving in the right direction this offseason and its becoming quite frustrating.

vCash
    Morse has played slightly less than three full seasons worth of games in MLB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MattColby View Post
    Wouldn't it be an understatement? I agree, mediocre bat is an understatement and he had a couple years when he had shown some decent pop. The fact that we consistently see players come from the NL to the AL and have a down season doesn't help me think he's going to be having a 2011 season. The fact that he leaves a neutral park and comes to a pitchers park(IMO it's still going to be a pitchers park) and the fact that he's a miserable fielder on a one year contract does nothing for me. I want to see this team get better not make even moves to stay in the same spot they were, 4th place.

I just see the moves of Bay, Ibanez, morales and morse as desperation moves by Z trying to throw some sort of offense on the field to appease the fans. While only creating a more difficult time for a manager who is poor at putting lineups together by overstocking players who cannot play defense and should all be playing 1b/DH. Oh and who are also all on one year deals. I just don't feel like we e even come close to moving in the right direction this offseason and its becoming quite frustrating.
    I agree with the bolded. Also I don't know why I said overstatement

I think he'll hit fine here. First because of our park, and second because he distributes the ball well to all parts of the field. His wRC+ is best in center, second best in right, and worst in left field, so I think he fits alright in our park
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    I'm just not impressed with continued side stepping. Make a move that's worth a **** and will help with the future. I agree that Jasos time was probably limited here but u had three yrs of club control and a lot cheaper player. It's not a huge Franchise changing omg were ****ed or were awesome either way u go, it's just the fact that the master z continues to fail to make this team better for the future, besides the players he acquires via draft. Not that they aren't trying hard it's just they aren't landing them and that needs to start happening. IMO.

vCash
    I agree.

Playstation 3 handle: Ryde4Life

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MattColby View Post
    I'm just not impressed with continued side stepping. Make a move that's worth a **** and will help with the future. I agree that Jasos time was probably limited here but u had three yrs of club control and a lot cheaper player. It's not a huge Franchise changing omg were ****ed or were awesome either way u go, it's just the fact that the master z continues to fail to make this team better for the future, besides the players he acquires via draft. Not that they aren't trying hard it's just they aren't landing them and that needs to start happening. IMO.
    He tried Justin Upton didn't want to play for us.

Just about that action boss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    He tried Justin Upton didn't want to play for us.
    Read the last sentence. I'm very aware of the Justin upton story.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle4Ever View Post
    Mediocre at the plate? Really? Have you ever seen his 2011 year? That wasn't long ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    They wouldnt have brought in a zero risk/possible meh reward player for ST? Really?
    Hmmm....
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    One thing about Morse and Morales, they can hit the **** out of a baseball. The Mariners have legit power in the MOTO and if Montero and/or Smoak take a step forward the M's have some thunder.

vCash
    Yep. Then if 2 of Ackley, Saunders, or Seager can get on base at a decent clip in front of them, we can score some runs.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    One thing about Morse and Morales, they can hit the **** out of a baseball. The Mariners have legit power in the MOTO and if Montero and/or Smoak take a step forward the M's have some thunder.
    For one year. Lol

vCash
    World Series or bust.

vCash
    Lol. One more big bat and a sp or two.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    World Series or bust.
    with Stanton and another legit SP then sure

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Cause it would cost out pick.

Also dont see Morales being platooned and Wells playing everyday
    Our pick isn't protected, so don't you think we could trade him for something worth more than our pick would be?

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast