Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    vCash
    Fwiw 4 people got hurt at gun shows today. 3 in NC and one in indiana. Accidental shootings but a shotgun was loadedfor some reason when it went off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cabernetluver View Post
    The underlying problem with this part of the discussion, is, it is based on one part of what was recommended and saying it does not do everything. It will reduce some part of gun crime. Getting a better handle on the secondary market will reduce some part of gun crime. Having a more efficient ATF will reduce some part of gun crime. None of which, infringes on anyone's 2nd amendment rights.
    I disagree with the notion that it will do anything at all with regards to gun crime. Every proposal out there does not diminish the supply of guns on the market today. A vast majority of gun crimes are not committed by guns that would fall under any assault ban. So how in your opinion would gun crime decrease? Even if every thing Obama is asking Congress to pass goes through in my opinion nothing will change with regards to gun crimes.

The handle on the secondary market only happens if the universal background checks pass. I personally don't think the universal background check stands a chance of being passed though. Without that there isn't any handle on the secondary market. And even if it does somehow pass it would have no effect at all on the secondary/black market criminals use to obtain their guns for crimes. Most guns used in crimes are illegal/stolen in the first place leaving them out of the background checks.

And as I keep saying I agree with nothing that is being proposed infringe on the 2nd Amendment. Though I go further and don't believe that any of the current proposals will do anything to deter gun crimes. And the worry of those on the right is that it will then be extended further into carving more laws and regulations into being to try and make a difference. You can disagree with all of that all you want and it simply doesn't change the feelings on it. That is why the NRA is as strong as it is and will mount a fierce fight over every single step of the process.
    French writer Alexis de Tocqueville warned about when visiting this fledgling democracy in the early 19th century that this "American republic will endure until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerlive View Post
    Fwiw 4 people got hurt at gun shows today. 3 in NC and one in indiana. Accidental shootings but a shotgun was loadedfor some reason when it went off.
    Then there was the school resource officer who left his gun in a bathroom in Michigan.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    I have conservative leanings and I find the Presidents proposal very reasonable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    I have conservative leanings and I find the Presidents proposal very reasonable.
    I am still trying to learn all the new features from the site upgrade but sending a visitor message isn't one I have found yet. So I will do this here.

While we probably won't agree politically (too much), I do want to welcome you to the site and hope you stick around specifically to this forum.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I am still trying to learn all the new features from the site upgrade but sending a visitor message isn't one I have found yet. So I will do this here.

While we probably won't agree politically (too much), I do want to welcome you to the site and hope you stick around specifically to this forum.
    click on view profile, then click vistor message tab

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grandsalami View Post
    click on view profile, then click vistor message tab
    It shows up on your profile but not his for some reason. It goes straight from User Activity to About Me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    It shows up on your profile but not his for some reason. It goes straight from User Activity to About Me.
    see if someone else who joined this month has it. Might not be a feature of the new upgrade?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grandsalami View Post
    see if someone else who joined this month has it. Might not be a feature of the new upgrade?
    It seems to work for this user, who also joined this month:

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/mem...reatWhiteShark

Though that user did (I think) join after the switch over.

vCash
    Glad to have another Conservative. They are very rare around here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sota4Ever View Post
    Glad to have another Conservative. They are very rare around here.
    You mean in America in general?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GA16Angels View Post
    You mean in America in general?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosiercubsfan View Post
    I disagree with the notion that it will do anything at all with regards to gun crime. Every proposal out there does not diminish the supply of guns on the market today. A vast majority of gun crimes are not committed by guns that would fall under any assault ban. So how in your opinion would gun crime decrease? Even if every thing Obama is asking Congress to pass goes through in my opinion nothing will change with regards to gun crimes.

The handle on the secondary market only happens if the universal background checks pass. I personally don't think the universal background check stands a chance of being passed though. Without that there isn't any handle on the secondary market. And even if it does somehow pass it would have no effect at all on the secondary/black market criminals use to obtain their guns for crimes. Most guns used in crimes are illegal/stolen in the first place leaving them out of the background checks.

And as I keep saying I agree with nothing that is being proposed infringe on the 2nd Amendment. Though I go further and don't believe that any of the current proposals will do anything to deter gun crimes. And the worry of those on the right is that it will then be extended further into carving more laws and regulations into being to try and make a difference. You can disagree with all of that all you want and it simply doesn't change the feelings on it. That is why the NRA is as strong as it is and will mount a fierce fight over every single step of the process.
    There is no room for discussion, when only 12% of the country thinks that universal checks are a bad idea. This one is going to pass.

Given that great divide, I just don't see where we can have a rational discussion. You think it can't happen. The public is for it.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

vCash
    Background checks are harmless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosiercubsfan View Post

I already posted a study from the bureau of justice showing that 14 percent of convicted criminals got their guns from a legal source and even more if the state had legalized private sales. I think your wrong based on stats that these measures won't have an impact.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast