Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 133
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    65,779
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan1234 View Post
    My bad... I forgot y'all praise that socialist.
    Can you please, in your own words, define the word "socialist"?
    Member of the Owlluminati!

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    40,652
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerlive View Post
    For the people who say a ban on certain guns won't be effective answer this. Was the ban on fully automatic weapons effective?

    Part of the problem is that people can see the forest from the trees. Why don't the majority of criminals use fully automatic weapons? IS there no black market?
    Have a link for that "fact"? I'm pretty sure you don't because that is bull****.

    These statistics for 2009 from the State of California show over 81% of all crimes involving guns are done with handguns.... It is also said that around 2% of crimes are done with assault weapons.

    http://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/pd..._Report_09.pdf

    Or do you need a picture showing homicides in the United States?


  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,998
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Can you please, in your own words, define the word "socialist"?
    Socialism is government ownership of the means of production. A socialist is an advocate of this system... or someone who lives under such a system.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinnum1
    Wade will be a lot better next season now that he got knee surgery. Hate on. - 7/31/2012

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    65,779
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan1234 View Post
    Socialism is government ownership of the means of production. A socialist is an advocate of this system... or someone who lives under such a system.
    Ok and where do you see that in Obama? Because it seems you either don't know what to word means or are just throwing in a "scary" buzzword that does nothing more than incite unwarranted anger.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,998
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Ok and where do you see that in Obama? Because it seems you either don't know what to word means or are just throwing in a "scary" buzzword that does nothing more than incite unwarranted anger.
    So much fail in this post. I was talking about FDR. Obama is a moderate Democrat.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinnum1
    Wade will be a lot better next season now that he got knee surgery. Hate on. - 7/31/2012

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,546
    vCash
    1500
    Ease up, kid. He made a typo. It's a f***ing internet forum.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,998
    vCash
    1500
    [QUOTE=cabernetluver;25131240]Does it bother you that Socialism started in our country with the signing of the Constitution.
    Article I, Section 8, Clause 7 set up the very first government run business![/QUOTE]

    Hmm... I have to look into this.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinnum1
    Wade will be a lot better next season now that he got knee surgery. Hate on. - 7/31/2012

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    65,779
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    Ease up, kid. He made a typo. It's a f***ing internet forum.
    No, actually it wasn't a typo. I didn't see the FDR part.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,546
    vCash
    1500
    In that case I revoke my defense of dbroncos entirely. Stern him at the bake!!!!!!

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6,602
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Have a link for that "fact"? I'm pretty sure you don't because that is bull****.

    These statistics for 2009 from the State of California show over 81% of all crimes involving guns are done with handguns.... It is also said that around 2% of crimes are done with assault weapons.

    http://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/pd..._Report_09.pdf

    Or do you need a picture showing homicides in the United States?

    the only true statistical accounting of Firearm violence is in casualties(injuries and or deaths) BOTH intentional and accidental.
    when yopu try to factor crime into Firearm usage it skews the facts.the idea having guns deters criminal acts of violence cannot be supported by fact, what is supported by fact, a dozen times over is that Guns increase casualties by around a factor of 20.

    that means a person is 20 times more likely to be injured or killed by a firearm in states, cities and homes that have a gun in them, then in states, cities and homes that do not.
    there is no refuting this fact, every other statsistical complilation like the unbelievably stupid one Oreily made today about Gun murders in mexico are a twisting of facts to support an agenda here is the only truth on the subject there is:
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...3fIdLxTRWVgGvQ
    STORK WAS RIGHT!
    Mcfadden is useless

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,888
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GA16Angels View Post
    I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I definitely think we should be conducting studies that aim to discover what causes a person to do terrible acts of violence and I think we should be actively trying to find a way to offer help to those who need it. However, I don't think simply doing a study, which could take years to conduct, is the most prudent solution to the problem of mentally unstable people having access to guns. The most prudent and direct method to attack that issue with is to make guns less readily available to those who may abuse their right to owning a weapon. And since it's not necessarily easy to determine who might or might not abuse the privilege of owning a gun, a restriction that applies to everyone will have to be put in place. Not everyone who is mentally unstable will actively seek help even if it is offered, so I think something has to be put into place to protect the people that person might possibly harm. And I don't think I really need to explain to you the difference between a mentally unstable person having access to a gun and a mentally unstable person having access to just a knife.
    The thing is, criminals are going to find a way to get their hands on a gun no matter what it is. These laws are not going to stop them. Hell, I could get a gun right now easily. I could steal one from my parents (We have like 10-15 locked up in a cabinet)

    These laws aren't going to prevent shootings from happening. These laws aren't going to stop some nut from stealing their parents guns and going to a school and shoot 20-30 elementary kids. The only way to stop a crime is to prevent them from doing this shooting in the first place. Give them the help that they need and deserve. I don't think there is a perfect answer, but spending 500 M on a thing that won't really prevent this thing from happening is a complete waste of money.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Orange, CA
    Posts
    7,735
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GoCrew5 View Post
    The thing is, criminals are going to find a way to get their hands on a gun no matter what it is. These laws are not going to stop them. Hell, I could get a gun right now easily. I could steal one from my parents (We have like 10-15 locked up in a cabinet)

    These laws aren't going to prevent shootings from happening. These laws aren't going to stop some nut from stealing their parents guns and going to a school and shoot 20-30 elementary kids. The only way to stop a crime is to prevent them from doing this shooting in the first place. Give them the help that they need and deserve. I don't think there is a perfect answer, but spending 500 M on a thing that won't really prevent this thing from happening is a complete waste of money.
    You're helping me prove my point. What I'm saying is we should take the guns away from the parents and everyone else to ensure that it's not that easy for a criminal/mentally unbalanced person to get that gun and murder those people. I think it's overly optimistic to think that even if help is available for those who may be struggling mentally that the majority of them will actually seek to be "cured." That's why instead of relying on mentally unstable people to actively seek help for themselves, we should be seeking more proactive measures that make it impossible for them to gain access to a firearm even if they don't try to be helped.
    Last edited by GA16Angels; 01-18-2013 at 06:29 AM.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    7,361
    vCash
    1500
    I have to say I think this ban will have little effect. (little is better than nothing) What would have an effect is a national tracking database for guns, and giving the ATF some goddamn teeth. The thing I most hate about this situation is that the NRA keeps talking about how we have enough laws and the way to deal with gun violence is to enforce those laws. Meanwhile they are sneaking legislation into bills to castrate the ATF and make that impossible. **** those hypocritical *******s.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    7,361
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GoCrew5 View Post
    The thing is, criminals are going to find a way to get their hands on a gun no matter what it is. These laws are not going to stop them. Hell, I could get a gun right now easily. I could steal one from my parents (We have like 10-15 locked up in a cabinet)

    These laws aren't going to prevent shootings from happening. These laws aren't going to stop some nut from stealing their parents guns and going to a school and shoot 20-30 elementary kids. The only way to stop a crime is to prevent them from doing this shooting in the first place. Give them the help that they need and deserve. I don't think there is a perfect answer, but spending 500 M on a thing that won't really prevent this thing from happening is a complete waste of money.
    Isn't a big chunk of this 500 million to investigate the causes of gun violence...?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,598
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Have a link for that "fact"? I'm pretty sure you don't because that is bull****.

    These statistics for 2009 from the State of California show over 81% of all crimes involving guns are done with handguns.... It is also said that around 2% of crimes are done with assault weapons.

    http://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/pd..._Report_09.pdf

    Or do you need a picture showing homicides in the United States?

    Honestly I am confused on your point you are trying to make. The argument boils down to are bans effective? So if the state of California represents the national rate than 2% is not the majority correct? Essentially the black market can be influenced and the notion that bans are worthless is wrong and not just wrong but woefully wrong.

    Just an FYI I did look that up before but you see there are no studies on all states since the NRA have been obstructing data so morons can make the case that bans do nothing. The fact is they do and it makes sense why they do. Limit the market of goods and the cost will go up and prevent wholesale problems. Basically by allowing unregulated legal sale of firearms from private owners the black market has been flooded with cheap dangerous weapons to the people that do the most harm with them.

    It's really not that hard to get and by no means do I think it will 100% solve the problem but it will have an impact.
    Last edited by Pacerlive; 01-18-2013 at 12:29 PM.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •