Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 133
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    751
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat
    Which is it, he means well or the POTUS is a "commie"? I have seen you distance yourself from the worst lies and excesses of the loony right, and yet you call the POTUS a "commie". That really doesn't add up.
    Not Obama, Feinstein.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosiercubsfan
    First quote seems to be about Obama. The second quote is about Dianne Feinstein. The person who is championing new "assault" gun ban legislation.
    It's not her AWB proposal that bugs me, it's the fact that she said straight up she wants to ban them all. I think she even said she wanted to take them if I'm not mistaken.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Amsterdam/Maryland
    Posts
    681
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosiercubsfan View Post
    First quote seems to be about Obama. The second quote is about Dianne Feinstein. The person who is championing new "assault" gun ban legislation.
    I see. Well, he posted that in another topic where iirc we were talking about Obama, not Feinstein. It was a logical inference that he was referring to Obama. Whatever, calling Feinstein a "commie" is just as crazy. She's a 100% traditional US capitalist politician who's made millions while "serving" the country.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    65,441
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Curtain View Post
    It's not her AWB proposal that bugs me, it's the fact that she said straight up she wants to ban them all. I think she even said she wanted to take them if I'm not mistaken.
    Would you rather she lie? Because I think it is better to know exactly where she stands.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Land Beyond the Wall, VT
    Posts
    7,134
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    Enough? You consistently post discredited right wing disinformation and outright lies, and then you complain when you're called out for your posts?



    This is not a statement that has the remotest basis in reality, this is typical loony right, Tea bagger nutjob talk. That is why I made a point of putting 900 in large letters. When you have more than 900 weapons freely available to you your government is not disarming you. And, that 900+ number would only come into play if the Feinstein bill was passed as is, which everyone knows it won't be. Therefore, talking about "disarming" citizens is nothing more than dishonest scare mongering which, sadly, we have become used to hearing from the extreme right.
    Reported to Mods for baiting and repeated unprovoked insults. I've had enough of your bs in here.
    Last edited by Patsfan56; 01-16-2013 at 10:37 PM.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    751
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat
    I see. Well, he posted that in another topic where iirc we were talking about Obama, not Feinstein. It was a logical inference that he was referring to Obama. Whatever, calling Feinstein a "commie" is just as crazy. She's a 100% traditional US capitalist politician who's made millions while "serving" the country.
    When did I ever call Obama a Commie? Now I find Feinstein much more radical than Obama, Obama really hasn't made any proposals to ban guns. People on my side will call Obama a Communist but that's not accurate. Disarming the country is certainly a step in the Communist direction and Obama has never done that.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087
    Would you rather she lie? Because I think it is better to know exactly where she stands.
    Glad she's being honest, but my point was that I'd rather just have her voted out.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    65,441
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Curtain View Post
    Glad she's being honest, but my point was that I'd rather just have her voted out.
    Fair enough. It just seemed to me like you wanted her to lie.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    4,075
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan56 View Post
    Reported to Mods for baiting and repeated unprovoked insults. I've had enough of your bs in here.
    The ignore setting is a wonderful thing, I don't even see what this guy posts unless you quote him.
    " I have only three rules, be on time, pay attention, and play like hell on Sunday"

    -John Madden

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,588
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Curtain View Post
    I truly believe Obama means well, but none of this will make much difference, positive or negative. None of these proposals are "disarming" anyone but criminals will still get guns if they want them. But it's this kind of paranoia that gives us conservatives bad reputations.
    All it is, is a waste of 500 M dollars.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Land Beyond the Wall, VT
    Posts
    7,134
    vCash
    1500
    Thanks for reminding me. That should help. You'd think I just walked up to him and kicked his dog for ****s sake.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,588
    vCash
    1500
    Loved Gov. Scott Walker's comment today:

    On Wednesday, Gov. Scott Walker said, "We're going to be meeting in about a week or so, meeting with mental health professionals, law enforcement folks, others who work in areas like this, to give us feedback, particularly when it comes to the simple question how do people get to a point like this, whether as we saw yesterday with a chemical type device, or whether it's a firearm or any other weapon out there, how do people get to the point where they become so disturbed that they're capable of making sorts of poor choices, tragic choices. We're going to spend the majority of our time looking at mental health services, what can and may be done to improve that."

    Walker's comments about the chemical device referred to a man who was arrested at the Capitol Tuesday with four Molotov cocktails in his backpack.

    Walker said, "What I said originally after Connecticut was there are some people who want to go very far on gun control, there are other end of the spectrum people that want to go far in putting armed security into the schools. My view is that either of those two don't get at the heart of the issue, which I still think is how do such a limited number - this is still such a limited number - of having people in those conditions get to the point where there is that level of mental disturbance that they're able to make a decision like that. I think it's best that we address how they get to that point."

    Walker said it's important to help troubled people before they reach the point of committing violence.


    That should be the way to go. Look at why people do these things, and get them help before they commit such acts. Not do nothing to help them, and send 500 M on something that won't work.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Orange, CA
    Posts
    7,718
    vCash
    1500
    While it's all fine and good that Governor Walker wants to go through the process of discovering what drives a person to commit acts of violence, it again is an attempt to deal with the issue in an indirect method. While I agree that in the long run we should be developing studies examining the circumstances that culminate in a person choosing to act violently, I don't think it would offer much of a remedy for the issue. The issue is that dangerous weapons are too easily available to those who cannot handle the responsibility. Simply doing a study will not hinder mentally unstable people from purchasing guns. The only way to do it is by dealing with the issue head-on and making it more difficult or illegal to purchase guns. Walker pointed out that there are people who want to "go very far" on gun control and there are people who want to "go far" in putting armed security in schools. Between those two groups, who is it that's dealing with the issue in the most direct fashion? The answer should be relatively obvious.

    And this is just an add in because I just found this out, but the United Kingdom had an intentional homicide rate of 1.2 per 100,000 people over the course of 2012 while the US had a homicide rate of 4.8 per 100,000. Just thought that was an interesting fact given that a lot has been said about the UK and their crime rate during the gun control discussion.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Amsterdam/Maryland
    Posts
    681
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Curtain View Post
    When did I ever call Obama a Commie? Now I find Feinstein much more radical than Obama, Obama really hasn't made any proposals to ban guns. People on my side will call Obama a Communist but that's not accurate. Disarming the country is certainly a step in the Communist direction and Obama has never done that. Glad she's being honest, but my point was that I'd rather just have her voted out.
    I'm sorry, I took your "commie" reference to refer to the POTUS since he was the last person mentioned in that topic. It certainly was not apparent to me that you were talking about Feinstein.

    But even so, and in view of your subsequent posts, don't you think you should withdraw the absurd accusation that she's a "commie"? She's as much or as little a "commie" as the POTUS or any other member of Congress or government. It really is so utterly distasteful when Americans accuse Dem. politicians they disagree with of being "commies", since there is no more emotionally charged and mis-used term in the American political dictionary than "commie".

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Amsterdam/Maryland
    Posts
    681
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan56 View Post
    Reported to Mods for baiting and repeated unprovoked insults. I've had enough of your bs in here.
    There is no baiting in my response to your blatant untruth about the government wanting to "disarm" people. How can you claim to hold so many points of view that are widely considered to be 'liberal', and yet post such typically right wing scare-mongering drivel? It just makes no sense. I did not "bait", I responded in specific detail to your unfounded claim and pointed out how many guns will not be affected by whatever measures may be taken.

    If you are insulted by me calling your post "stupidity", I apologize. Does "dishonesty" suit you better?

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,489
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosiercubsfan View Post
    A majority of the executive orders I don't have any issues with. Also don't think many of them aren't already being done anyway without the executive orders.

    Now as far as the proposed legislation. Lets be honest here most of them don't stand a snow ball's chance in hell of being passed. Even if they are passed would they would stand a Constitutional challenge that you know would come the moment the bill was signed. So to me we haven't moved the ball at all. Instead we got to watch a dog and pony show today.
    That would be the logical assumption but its not the case. Many states don't report to the ATF and there doesn't seem to be a universal way to address the problem.

    People assume that laws are being enforced here on illegal gun sales (straw man sales) and shaddy gun dealers but they really aren't which has influenced the black market. The reporting is broken or incomplete and even the studies for gun control are all but non existent.

    Does anyone know how much was spent on research on gun crimes last year?

    A whooping 100,000 dollars.... And the reason is that the NRA has put up road blocks on reporting and disclosing meaningful information to even understand the problem. From 1993 to 1999 there were 32 gun related studies but under Obama there hasn't been one single gun study. The reason is that legaslation promoted by the NRA just makes it impossible to do it.

    IT sort of reminds me of the tobacoo industry in the 70's and 80's. Obstructionist prevent progress and thats what you have in the NRA.

    IF everyone has the right to bear any ARM they want then let scientist make a chemical or biological weapon for protection. The argument is completely asinine to me. Instead of pepper spray I'll just spray mustard gas and watch you choke to death on your own fluids.

    Seem extreme to people? Sure but no less than a 30 round clip with armor piercing bullets.
    Last edited by Pacerlive; 01-17-2013 at 12:30 PM.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Amsterdam/Maryland
    Posts
    681
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan56 View Post
    Thanks for reminding me. That should help. You'd think I just walked up to him and kicked his dog for ****s sake.
    No, you posted some utter foolishness far removed from fact. I pulled you up for it. Nothing remotely personal. I have reacted in similar ways to others who stray from reality in their posts. For the rest, I'm just a big old ***** cat.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •