Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    We don't have to use a buyout on Connolly. He has this one year left then he's a FA. We have the cap space to keep him on the team and off the NHL roster for this year without hindering our team. It's a total win win here. Nonis is using his head. There's no point in using a compliance buyout on him and one won't be used I'd almost guarentee it. This is waivers, not a buyout. The guy could be buried all year for all we know. Nonis just doesn't want him on the roster taking up a spot.

vCash
    Yeah Lavy listen to Kinger. Or go ask Galchenyuk.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke2 View Post
    Yeah Lavy listen to Kinger. Or go ask Galchenyuk.
    You are so funny...maybe I should ask your mom...hey oh

vCash
    Tiny Tim had 36 pts, is regarded a solid defensive player, is on a one-year contract, and he played an average 68 games in the last 3 seasons (on the 3rd line most of the time). If we kept his salary (for one year mind you) how does no one bite on that?

He better not use one of the compliance buy-outs, i don't think GM gets to pick and choose who they use it on. If you buy someone out it counts towards the 2 in reserve.

vCash
    I'm with Kinger...maybe they bury him in the minors if he clears waivers...anyone know if he goes through re-entry waivers if the Leafs would be on the hook for half his salary? Not that cap room is going to be an issue this year. Nonis is clearly going to let the kids play a while before he makes an assessment of talent and deciding what direction to take.

vCash
    Ktown said re-entry waivers are dunzo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    Ktown said re-entry waivers are dunzo
    But they would still be on the hook for about $3.5 million towards the cap if he was sent to the Marlies. Might not be a bad idea at the start of the season if Nonis can't find a trading partner. Call him up if he stays healthy and is producing and pray for a deadline deal to add a pick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    Tiny Tim had 36 pts, is regarded a solid defensive player, is on a one-year contract, and he played an average 68 games in the last 3 seasons (on the 3rd line most of the time). If we kept his salary (for one year mind you) how does no one bite on that?

He better not use one of the compliance buy-outs, i don't think GM gets to pick and choose who they use it on. If you buy someone out it counts towards the 2 in reserve.
    I hope someone claims him. It's the easiest scenario. Maybe Nonis had a team interested and said hey here have him I will put him on Waivers for you.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    End of the day he's gone. Instead of having guys like him and Lombardi here that we know can't do much you may as well see what you have in some of your youngers guys who've been developing the last few years. Maybe the young guys don't cut it.. maybe they do. But atleast Nonis is showing some balls by dropping the dead weight and taking a shot at it. You may as well see what you have and go from there.

vCash
    This was a great move for the Maple Leafs. The Coyotes seem to have been looking for guys they are familiar with. Seeing that the added Zybnek Michalek prior to the lockout starting. Very good move to expel some cap for the Leafs as they get out from some of the disasterous situations.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345