Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

Tim Connolly not on the ice at Leafs practice. It's expected Connolly will be placed on waivers. More opportunity for players in system.
    Hockey- Toronto Maple Leafs
    Basketball- Toronto Raptors
    Baseball- Toronto Blue Jays
    Football - Philadelphia Eagles & San Diego Chargers

vCash
    he better not get bought out, i hope it's just to see if someone claims him.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    He should be able to garner some interest on the trade market

vCash
    Are all of you serious? This is amazing news. Get him out of here.

Trade market are you kidding me? Who is going to give anything more then a low draft pick for a 30 something year old center who's injured 80 per cent of the time and who's being paid 4.75 mill?

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    I know eh Luke lol. Just get him the hell out of here. Picked up on waivers, traded or sent down.. who cares? He's taking a roster spot from a kid or two who deserves an audition. Nonis is taking out the trash.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    he better not get bought out, i hope it's just to see if someone claims him.
    I think that is exactly what is happening here. Very similar to the Gomez situation I would think? I guess it is Connolly now and Komisarek next summer. Man the team is going to look a lot different next season.

vCash
    This really paves the way for guys like Kadri, Frattin, and Komarov to make this team. Bring on the youth movement.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    I know eh Luke lol. Just get him the hell out of here. Picked up on waivers, traded or sent down.. who cares? He's taking a roster spot from a kid or two who deserves an audition. Nonis is taking out the trash.
    Haha seriously dude I could are less how he's gone just as long as he is... if he's deported then great as long as he's not on the team. That sounds harsh but I would much rather a guy like Kadri, Frattin, Komarov get a spot compared to a useless injury prone centermen with a cap hit of 4.8 million.
    Great job Nonis!

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SirMichael View Post
    This really paves the way for guys like Kadri, Frattin, and Komarov to make this team. Bring on the youth movement.
    Bingo. Exactly why guys like Lombardi and Connolly are gone. Nonis is taking care of biz.

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

vCash
    Like I said last night. Nonis said in a presser that the kids would play and it would take patience from everyone in the organization because there's going to be some hiccups and mistakes with the kids but it's all a process in getting them experience. A day or two later and BOOM Lombardi and Connolly are gone. Imagine that boys...

...a GM in Toronto doing what he said he was going to do? What side of the bed did I wake up on today because that can't be right can it?..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke2 View Post
    Are all of you serious? This is amazing news. Get him out of here.

Trade market are you kidding me? Who is going to give anything more then a low draft pick for a 30 something year old center who's injured 80 per cent of the time and who's being paid 4.75 mill?
    Why buy him out and have to pay the cap hit if you could get a pick for him? I'd rather have a 7th rounder than nothing...it would be different if he was in a longer term contract, but it's only 1 year left. Take a 5th-7th round pick and then go wash your hands

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    Like I said last night. Nonis said in a presser that the kids would play and it would take patience from everyone in the organization because there's going to be some hiccups and mistakes with the kids but it's all a process in getting them experience. A day or two later and BOOM Lombardi and Connolly are gone. Imagine that boys...

...a GM in Toronto doing what he said he was going to do? What side of the bed did I wake up on today because that can't be right can it?..
    Kind of feels like Bizarro World to me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    Why buy him out and have to pay the cap hit if you could get a pick for him? I'd rather have a 7th rounder than nothing...it would be different if he was in a longer term contract, but it's only 1 year left. Take a 5th-7th round pick and then go wash your hands
    WHO CARES. As long as he's gone why does it matter? If they have to pay a bit of salary it's not the end of the world it expires this summer anyways. You don't think Nonis scanned around seeing if anyone would take him? If he did that with Lombardi you can bet he did that with Connolly.

No one probably bit so he's gone. Stop being a bitter betty and just be happy mr. I hate Burke and his UFA signings. You should be thrilled.

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

vCash
    If Connolly gets picked up we're off the hook for his salary. If he clears and goes to the Marlies we have the space to absorb the hit for this last year of his contract. It's a win win. Obviously there was no trade market for Connolly hence waivers. We probably could of got 7th rounder if we wanted to take back another bad contract which is counter productive to what Nonis is trying to do. Just no market for Connolly and I get why. Maybe if he clears waivers somebody will bite in April. Just not right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke2 View Post
    WHO CARES. As long as he's gone why does it matter? If they have to pay a bit of salary it's not the end of the world it expires this summer anyways. You don't think Nonis scanned around seeing if anyone would take him? If he did that with Lombardi you can bet he did that with Connolly.

No one probably bit so he's gone. Stop being a bitter betty and just be happy mr. I hate Burke and his UFA signings. You should be thrilled.
    You seriously think it's a good idea to buyout a guy who has one year left? Kind of a waste if you ask me. Suck it up for a year and use the buyout on someone that makes more sense (Grabovski next year if the Leafs can sign Getzlaf)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast