Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    From a LeBrun article

So we can keep cap payroll in order to make deals? WTF i thought this was wrong. Nonis should use this on Lupul, that right there would be an easier mid-first round pick.
    Yes, you can now hold onto salary. It's a much better system. It's a total pain in the *** for the GM's to have to match salaries on every single deal, now, you don't have to.

vCash
    I know we can keep salaries but can we keep cap as well, thats my question. LeBrun makes it sound like we can

vCash
    Looks like the Leafs are paying 1.5M of his salary so they take 2M off the books.

Kadri is still on the outside looking in. No way he sits in the pressbox or plays 4th line minutes. Another body has to go for him to have a shot. Still 9 guys ahead of him.

vCash
    This is a good move all around, Lombardi just never really fit with the leafs. Maybe a second shot at Phoenix will get him going again, plus it opens up some room down the middle. Let's see what else Nonis has up his sleeve.

vCash
    Lombardi was expendable, so he was moved. Smart move.

#WeTheNorth - RAPTORS' 2014 PLAYOFFS!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tito Santana View Post
    Looks like the Leafs are paying 1.5M of his salary so they take 2M off the books.

Kadri is still on the outside looking in. No way he sits in the pressbox or plays 4th line minutes. Another body has to go for him to have a shot. Still 9 guys ahead of him.
    I think MacArthur is the next guy they could trade, not really miss too much, and get a decent return for. That frees up a spot in the top 6 for Kadri to play on the wing or move up Kulemin to the second line and put Kadri on the 3rd line.

vCash
    I think another vet forward is on the way out. Nonis said a couple days ago in a presser that we were going to be a very young team and we may have to be patient with some of the kids making the odd mistake or two. The question is who goes? We might be able to net a decent pick for Connolly if we eat some of his salary for the rest of the year seeing he's on his last year of his contract.

vCash
    I can definitely see Mac getting shipped out.
    Too bad they didn't do it when he was hot last year. Opens up a spot for JVR or Frattin on line 2 and creates room for Kadri on line 3.

You've got to think Kadri is the 1st call up if anyone gets hurt, assuming he doesn't make it.

vCash
    I'm gonna say Steckel is next. Kinda what I'm hoping for.

vCash
    Yeah I would like to see Mac go, maybe connolly as well. Would definetely free up some space for the young guys. Unfortunately I don't think Steckel will fetch much in return, other than faceoffs he doesn't have much to offer. Might just burry him on the fourth line and use him as a faceoff guy. I think they need to either keep Kadri up with the leafs and play him in a 3rd line roll, give him a chance, or trade him for another prospect/pick. He's not going anywhere sitting in the AHL.
    Last edited by Leafs1980; 01-16-2013 at 11:32 PM.

vCash

Unless Kadri plays himself out of a spot, I think he is going to break with the Leafs. Makes absolutely no sense to send Kadri down again - they aren't contending and they need to finally see if Kadri can play in the bigs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leafs1980 View Post
    Yeah I would like to see Mac go, maybe connolly as well. Would definetely free up some space for the young guys. Unfortunately I don't think Steckel will fetch much in return, other than faceoffs he doesn't have much to offer. Might just burry him on the fourth line and use him as a faceoff guy. I think they need to either keep Kadri up with the leafs and play him in a 3rd line roll, give him a chance, or trade him for another prospect/pick. He's not going anywhere sitting in the AHL.
    I'll take a hard-nosed 7th dman for Steckel in all honesty. I understand he has almost no value. If someone offers up a mid-late round pick, that's just gravy. I don't see where he fits long-term with this team. He's basically Yanick Perrault minus the ability to score 20 goals. Just a gimmicky faceoff man and nothing more. McClement is twice the player for roughly the same amount of money. Maybe it's bias though...I really like McClement.

vCash
    I don't know much about mclement in all honesty. If we could get good return for steckel and mclement is that much of a step up then definitely ship him out, no sense holding onto an expendable player. I just don't think, even keeping some salary, teams are gonna offer up very much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    Solid move, there was no room as others have said. Lombardi was at his best in Phoenix so it makes sense. There's no way Mcclement gets moves as opposed to Steckel. Mcclement is a nice third/fourth liner and I think people will be surprised by him, he's a very good bottom 6 center. Steckel is ****ing useless outside of taking draws.
    Yeah agreed. James Mirtle tweeted a few days ago that he spoke to ex Blues coach Andy Murray, and that Murray had nothing but high praise for McClement and said he's such a terrific PK guy and he may not put up the stats that people look at, but his on ice work ethic and defensive skills are top knotch.

So I like that.

9 guys...? ahead of Kadri?? Who?

Only ones I see ahead of Kadri right now are Kessel, Grabovski, Lupul, Bozak, Kulemin and MaCarthur. After that it's pretty much his to lose now. Guys like Steckel, McClement, Connolly all that have jobs but Kadri definitely fits in there.

This is exactly why the Lombardi deal was made.

Keep them both Nonis.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leafs1980 View Post
    I don't know much about mclement in all honesty. If we could get good return for steckel and mclement is that much of a step up then definitely ship him out, no sense holding onto an expendable player. I just don't think, even keeping some salary, teams are gonna offer up very much.
    McClement was signed this off-season. He will not be traded. He's on a good salary and they will keep him as their third line center and PK guy. He's not going anywhere.

Keep them both Nonis.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast