Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Off topic has anyone see mcjoe on here.....been awhile since he has had anything to say

vCash
    Really hope he resigns in PHX an extra 3rd would be great. I liked Lombo's speed, but he was the fastest guy going no where. No finish, glad he turned into something of value.
    Last edited by Goalie31; 01-16-2013 at 08:35 PM.
    Hockey- Toronto Maple Leafs
    Basketball- Toronto Raptors
    Baseball- Toronto Blue Jays
    Football - Philadelphia Eagles & San Diego Chargers

vCash
    Lavy, What about Grabo?

vCash
    ^he means for the 3rd and 4th lines.

I knew someone would pick him up if we kept salary, i wonder if the same could be done with Connolly. 40 pt centre that is regarded as a pretty good defensive player for ~$2.35m on a one year. I think something could get done there but no teams really come to mind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ktownguy31 View Post
    I should be an insider.....I called a trade this week lol
    When was this? lol. i seem to remember someone (rhymes with shhhOptiMized) posting that there was a possible deal for Lombardi and even mentioned the Coyotes as the team. I wanna be the insider

vCash
    I don't understand the Leafs couldn't have kept more salary, it's nice to get rid of him but i think we could have made that a sure 3rd rounder if we kept half his salary ($1.7m) but oh well i still thinks this is a great deal for us. They needed this to get to the cap floor ($54m) right?

vCash
    Stop looking that much into it. It's a small deal. It was done to give a roster spot to a younger kid, which is very smart.

Salary is coming off the books anyways it's not a big deal. Kadri deserves this spot and I bet that's what it is for.

Keep them both Nonis.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    I felt for Lombardi. He was effective earlier in his career but not with us, and not since he got hurt. He was a useless body, an expensive one at that. Better to let him actually play somewhere else and let the kids play here. Good move.

Keep them both Nonis.

Blue Jays,

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Sounds like Nonis is going to have to move another center out if Kadri is going to play there. I'd assume the odd men out are McClement and Steckel. 1st Bozak, 2nd Grabovski, 3rd Kadri, 4th McClement/Steckel

vCash
    heard it's a 2014 pick, that would make sense if the deal is for him to re-sign.

EDIT: Mirtle says that we could still get that 3rd if he reaches a certain # pts-wise. 25 seems to be the number on the twitter-verse.
    Last edited by OptiMized; 01-16-2013 at 09:00 PM.

vCash
    ^^ no way we just signed McClement.

Steckel could be interesting, NJD need bodies right now maybe they give him a shot again? There's talk Luo wants Gomez back so maybe we could pawn Steckel off.

vCash
    I don't think they will move another guy... I mean Kadri can just play the wing like he has. McClement isn't going anywhere. Steckel MAYBE but Carlyle loved him... so I don't know.

Keep them both Nonis.

Blue Jays,

vCash
    i think this deal opens the Luongo to the leafs door a bit more, don't know why. With the second line on the IR, i wonder if they get desperate enough to take a 1 year chance on Connolly. Connolly and MacArthur? crazy as that sounds the duo put up more points last year than Kesler and Booth AND have a lesser cap hit. I'm not saying Connolly and Mac are better but they are in a tight spot missing Kesler and Booth for almost a full month.

vCash
    From a LeBrun article
    For example, let’s say the Maple Leafs want to trade little-used blueliner Mike Komisarek and his $4.5-million cap hit ($3.5 million salary this year) to the New York Islanders (hypothetically). The Leafs could retain half the cap hit -- $2.25 million -- and half the salary -- $1.75 million -- in order to facilitate the deal. The Islanders would pay him the other half. This should facilitate more trades around the league, no question.
    So we can keep cap payroll in order to make deals? WTF i thought this was wrong. Nonis should use this on Lupul, that right there would be an easier mid-first round pick.

vCash
    Solid move, there was no room as others have said. Lombardi was at his best in Phoenix so it makes sense. There's no way Mcclement gets moves as opposed to Steckel. Mcclement is a nice third/fourth liner and I think people will be surprised by him, he's a very good bottom 6 center. Steckel is ****ing useless outside of taking draws.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast