Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 147
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bothell
    Posts
    13,777
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    yup.


    Just to combine those seasons together in a basic 3 year projection model.

    You triple weight the most recent season, double weight two seasons ago, and single weight three seasons ago.

    What do you get?

    That's 22 home runs, 124 hits
    .295/.325/.508
    127 OPS+, 128 wRC+
    in 116 games

    So good, productive. One season of it, and injury riddled.

    John Jaso?
    He is only going to face righties

    Can you say 140 wRC+? I can.
    Just so you know, if you do the same with Jaso, the numbers favor Morse
    Last edited by jej; 01-18-2013 at 10:01 PM.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.


  2. #122
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Walnut Creek, CA
    Posts
    4,605
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Just so you know, if you do the same with Jaso, the numbers favor Morse
    Now position adjust and factor in years of control.
    Last edited by Cheezombie; 01-18-2013 at 10:55 PM.

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bothell
    Posts
    13,777
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezombie View Post
    Now position adjust and factor in team control.
    Didnt say anything about that. Was just making the point.

    And even so, Jasos role was going to be smaller than it should have been, and then almost gone in the later years. Also, while C is obviously more valuable, to us, finding an OF bat was more important with Montero and Zunino.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.


  4. #124
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Walnut Creek, CA
    Posts
    4,605
    vCash
    1500
    Sure, but you'd think it would've been smarter to get a longterm asset. You guys have Morse for 1 season in a competitive division.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    16,534
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezombie View Post
    Sure, but you'd think it would've been smarter to get a longterm asset. You guys have Morse for 1 season in a competitive division.
    Not true we could always trade him or get draft compensation not like we gave up much to acquire Morse though unless you believe Jaso is a long term everyday Catcher.


    Just about that action boss.

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Walnut Creek, CA
    Posts
    4,605
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    Not true we could always trade him or get draft compensation not like we gave up much to acquire Morse though unless you believe Jaso is a long term everyday Catcher.
    Define an every day catcher. If I'm not mistaken, generally a starting catcher plays about 70% or so of the time. Over 70% of pitchers are right handed, so he should be playing as much as a starting catcher is expected to.

    But you are right that you can trade Morse and get some compensation via the draft, but frankly I see 3 years of control for Jaso as being more valuable.

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Titletown U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,960
    vCash
    1500
    Never realized Morse was 30, I thought he was pretty young.
    Not nearly the bat of Upton though.

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    16,534
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezombie View Post
    Define an every day catcher. If I'm not mistaken, generally a starting catcher plays about 70% or so of the time. Over 70% of pitchers are right handed, so he should be playing as much as a starting catcher is expected to.

    But you are right that you can trade Morse and get some compensation via the draft, but frankly I see 3 years of control for Jaso as being more valuable.
    I just don't view Jaso as a good Catcher he is below average behind the plate defensively.

    Just my own opinion but if Jaso was good behind the plate i doubt they put Montero back there unless its a day off i don't think Z or Wedge believe he can Catch.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 01-19-2013 at 07:58 PM.


    Just about that action boss.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Walnut Creek, CA
    Posts
    4,605
    vCash
    1500
    About how many runs do you think his defense behind the plate costs him?

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bothell
    Posts
    13,777
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    I just don't view Jaso as a good Catcher he is below average behind the plate defensively.

    Just my own opinion but if Jaso was good behind the plate i doubt they put Montero back there unless its a day off i don't think Z or Wedge believe he can Catch.
    Well considering he is going to be our starting catcher this year I would say they do..
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.


  11. #131
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    16,534
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Well considering he is going to be our starting catcher this year I would say they do..
    This is out of necessity this season otherwise they wouldn't of drafted Zunino its like how Wedge plans on playing Morse in LF he sucks in the OF but we need the Offense.


    Just about that action boss.

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bothell
    Posts
    13,777
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    This is out of necessity this season otherwise they wouldn't of drafted Zunino its like how Wedge plans on playing Morse in LF he sucks in the OF but we need the Offense.
    Well obviously for the future. But if they didnt want him to catch at all, they wouldn't have traded Jaso. Just doesnt make sense
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.


  13. #133
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    16,534
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Well obviously for the future. But if they didnt want him to catch at all, they wouldn't have traded Jaso. Just doesnt make sense
    Montero has a higher ceiling with his bat there willing to put up with his Defense for at least a season until Zunino is ready that doesn't mean they wouldn't use him to give Zunino a rest or in a emergency.


    Just about that action boss.

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bothell
    Posts
    13,777
    vCash
    1500
    That's what I'm saying. You acted like they don't want him to catch at all
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.


  15. #135
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fife, WA
    Posts
    23,191
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezombie View Post
    Define an every day catcher. If I'm not mistaken, generally a starting catcher plays about 70% or so of the time. Over 70% of pitchers are right handed, so he should be playing as much as a starting catcher is expected to.

    But you are right that you can trade Morse and get some compensation via the draft, but frankly I see 3 years of control for Jaso as being more valuable.
    You're right, and it isn't close. One year of Jaso alone is more valuable.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •