Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Good trade by the A's...

vCash
    Reunitedddddd

vCash
    THe Mariners have been desperate to add bats to their lineup. Can't attract a FA worth his weight in salt. So far they've traded for Morales and now Morse. Hope this works outr for them. The real trick is getting Morse and Morales to stick around for a while.

vCash
    Athletics definitely come out on top in this trade. Jaso fixes himself defensively and he'll be one of the top 5 catchers in the game. He has amazing plate discipline.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sretep75 View Post
    This is the first time in A WHILE that i can actually say the M's offense isnt horrible
    Lets not get ahead of ourselves here because this trade makes zero sense for the M's

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LASportsFan1996 View Post
    Love it for the M's
    Why?

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    I honestly don't like this trade for any of the parties involved:

The Nationals only get long term talent back, Cole isn't going to be ready until 2015 after the bad season last year. I know they needed to get rid of Morse, but I think they would have done better trying to match up with someone like the O's and get Brian Matusz or Troy Patton for him.

The M's give up Jaso, who is a decent catcher, and now expect Jesus Montero to become a full time catcher? Good luck with that. He is awful defensively, if you make him catch 120 plus games, your staff is going to suffer.

The A's sold low on AJ Cole, who had a bad season, and was the centerpiece of the Gio Gonzalez trade. Bought high on Cole, and sold low. I know they love Jaso and have wanted him, but that's not good business.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rkelly7 View Post
    I honestly don't like this trade for any of the parties involved:

The Nationals only get long term talent back, Cole isn't going to be ready until 2015 after the bad season last year. I know they needed to get rid of Morse, but I think they would have done better trying to match up with someone like the O's and get Brian Matusz or Troy Patton for him.

The M's give up Jaso, who is a decent catcher, and now expect Jesus Montero to become a full time catcher? Good luck with that. He is awful defensively, if you make him catch 120 plus games, your staff is going to suffer.

The A's sold low on AJ Cole, who had a bad season, and was the centerpiece of the Gio Gonzalez trade. Bought high on Cole, and sold low. I know they love Jaso and have wanted him, but that's not good business.
    A's just upgraded their offense by a lot. The guy had a 7.03 ERA in high ball A. Them being young does not mean they don't/won't suck.

Part of Beane's moneyball right now is that people are overvaluing young prospects so he can pretty good players for young prospects even if they are real bad. Part of moneyball is not only finding undervalued players, but finding what people over value.

vCash
    Good deal all around for every team. Like the move for the Mariners as they need monster help on offense.

vCash
    They should go sign Bourne now and catapult that offense above the 50th percentile. I'm sure he is either going to get a 1 year deal to re-establish his value or a 4 year deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rkelly7 View Post
    They should go sign Bourne now and catapult that offense above the 50th percentile. I'm sure he is either going to get a 1 year deal to re-establish his value or a 4 year deal.
    I really don't see M's going after Bourn

vCash
    They got $ to spend,maybe now, Seattle is a bit more desirable for free agents now that they have two hitters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Athletics definitely come out on top in this trade. Jaso fixes himself defensively and he'll be one of the top 5 catchers in the game. He has amazing plate discipline.
    Ummm, no

Coming soon to a TKRO stadium near you

vCash
    Jaso and that .394 OBP. Damn. But let's see if he can do that again next year.

If so, great deal for the A's

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu View Post
    Jaso and that .394 OBP. Damn. But let's see if he can do that again next year.

If so, great deal for the A's
    There aren't many good catchers. Posey, Wieters, Molina, Mauer...Who am I missing? If not top 5, then maybe #7

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast