Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drew_ellis_23 View Post
    Yeah at least we still have the farm for Stanton next off season lol. He acquired Morse and Morales for two guys that were expendable if you ask me. Both these guys come here and hit well in the Safe with the fences in and we play good then if they don't resign at the very least other FA's might not be so intimidated. At least we are getting some pop in our lineup. Now you sign Bourn and a veteran SP and call it a day.
    Still dont see how you rationalize this at all.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Not that we want to consider that 2013 won't be our year, but if we don't think we can extend Morales and Morse, we could trade them this summer. Pretty sure it'd be a cake walk to get something of similar or better value to Jaso and Vargas.

"King Felix has hurled more mega quality starts since 2010 than 14 entire MLB teams."
    http://dynamik-farr.deviantart.com/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Still dont see how you rationalize this at all.
    We dont have a true lead off hitter, and his price has got to be dropping. Z has a relationship with Boras. Maybe we get him on a 2 year deal at a decent price. His speed would be nice in the OF with Saunders to make up for Morse lack there of. Bourn and Saunders in LF and CF is a lot of range and we have Guti as a 4th OF and defensive replacement. Is that a good enough rationalization for you J?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boozerguy47 View Post
    Not that we want to consider that 2013 won't be our year, but if we don't think we can extend Morales and Morse, we could trade them this summer. Pretty sure it'd be a cake walk to get something of similar or better value to Jaso and Vargas.
    Or they mash and we send them qualifying offers and get draft pick compensation. That is if they mash.

vCash
    Same glove as Bay and Ibanez, better bat. I will take it. And is Jaso our best player?
    No. He is a much worse defender than Bay or Ibaņez.

And yes. The best offensive player we had last season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    My initial reaction is:

Holy God did Dave Cameron and his sheep overreact.

This isn't an awful deal at all.
    lol i just read what he posted. pretty funny

vCash
    Hahahah o wow thanks for saying that Ian.

Cameron said this is worse then the Fister deal wow he is over reacting.

Just about that action boss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    Hahahah o wow thanks for saying that Ian.

Cameron said this is worse then the Fister deal wow he is over reacting.
    Nah the Fister trade was bad, and the Morrow trade.

vCash
    Only think I don't like is we have to face Jaso now. That I am sure will bite us in the ***.

vCash
    We dont have a true lead off hitter, and his price has got to be dropping. Z has a relationship with Boras. Maybe we get him on a 2 year deal at a decent price. His speed would be nice in the OF with Saunders to make up for Morse lack there of. Bourn and Saunders in LF and CF is a lot of range and we have Guti as a 4th OF and defensive replacement. Is that a good enough rationalization for you J?
    Well you didnt mention the loss of our 1st round pick, which is what I was talking about.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    The Mariners have just completed a three team trade that sends John Jaso to Oakland, with the team getting Mike Morse back in exchange. Yes, you read that correctly, the Mariners traded John Jaso for Mike Morse.

This is Bavasi-esque. This is an awful decision, trading a good player for an older, worse, more expensive, less healthy player with two fewer years of team control. This is what happens you focus intently on acquiring a type of thing — in this case, a “power bat” — and don’t understand the value of the assets you have. This is what happens when you have a manager who doesn’t know how to evaluate talent, and sees John Jaso as nothing more than a backup catcher.

This is Jack’s worst trade. This is worse than the Fister deal. This is just a straight up downgrade. The Mariners are worse off for having made this swap.
    http://www.ussmariner.com/2013/01/16...-stupid-thing/

Article Ian was talkin about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    No. He is a much worse defender than Bay or Ibaņez.

And yes. The best offensive player we had last season.
    Jaso being our best bat is a matter of opinion. He was a solid bat, was clutch off the bench, but I don't think he will be as good as Morse. Morse has 25 to 30 homer pop and has hit close to .300. When Jaso is your "best bat" then how do you not applaud any trade that gets you a better bat? I havent seen Morse play a lot of defense so I will take a wait and see approach. Maybe we are working a deal with Smoak in it and Morse is going to be our 1B? Who knows at this point. I just know our options are limited so this is a cheap power bat and I like it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Well you didnt mention the loss of our 1st round pick, which is what I was talking about.
    Did Bourn get a qualifying offer? I asked that a while ago and never got the answer. And we are never going to win if we pass on FA's so we don't lose draft picks. Most of the good FA's are going to get qualifying offers. With the moves we have made I think Bourn would be a good fit and I would lose the pick if the contract was a good deal. He wants what the rumors have been saying then no I will pass, but if the price has come down then I would do it.

vCash
    Bourn and Saunders would definitely make up for Morse in the OF.

vCash
    Fact - Morse can play every game. He can hit lefties and righties. He is sub-par in the field. Could he be a contributor for the next few years? If healthy, yes.

Fact - Jaso only played against righties. He is a great situational player. He is sub-par in the field. Could he be a contributor for the next few years? Beyond a pinch hitter, likely not because Zunino will be up here by 2014.

"King Felix has hurled more mega quality starts since 2010 than 14 entire MLB teams."
    http://dynamik-farr.deviantart.com/

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast