Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 339
  1. #256
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Oak Harbor, Wa
    Posts
    536
    vCash
    1500
    Help beef up the Stanton package next off season.

    Playstation 3 handle: Ryde4Life

  2. #257
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bothell
    Posts
    13,437
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kpak76 View Post
    Which side is that, against it? We should really take a wait and see approach. This trade is not the disaster people are making it out to be.
    Both.

    Drew, Booz, CM, Spartan, and you seem to be for.

    Brodie, and to a lesser extent MC and S4E (I think), and and even lesser extent, Ian, are against.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.


  3. #258
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,575
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan8585 View Post
    I agree. Personally I never wanted to see Morse gone in the first place. The worst part of this trade to me is the fact we shipped Jaso to Oakland.
    Yes, its the worst part because Beane will make sure Jaso is used properly, and Oakland is in our division... but then Beane is probably the only GM who would give "fair value" for Jaso. No NL GM would have done it, and most AL GMs would not likely value Jaso as highly as Beane. So either sell low to a GM in another division who will not play us as often or use Jaso as wisely, or sell high to Beane and suck it up. Or don't trade him at all and watch his value plummet from a diminishing role... pick your poison.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan8585 View Post
    And a case could of been made for a straight up trade of Jaso for Cole.
    I would have done that too, plus there's another spec in there too.
    Last edited by CamraMaan; 01-19-2013 at 12:08 AM.

    "Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

  4. #259
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bothell
    Posts
    13,437
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CamraMaan View Post
    Yes, its the worst part because Beane will make sure Jaso is used properly, and Oakland is in our division... but then Beane is probably the only GM who would give "fair value" for Jaso. No NL GM would have done it, and most AL GMs would not likely value Jaso as highly as Beane. So either sell low to a GM in another division who will not play us as often or use Jaso as wisely, or sell high to Beane and suck it up. Or don't trade him at all and watch his value plummet from a diminishing role... pick your poison.



    I would have done that too, plus there's another spec in there too.
    Seriously? Cole got rocked at A ball. No sense trading from our offense so we can maybe, probably not, put together a package for Stanton.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.


  5. #260
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,575
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Seriously? Cole got rocked at A ball. No sense trading from our offense so we can maybe, probably not, put together a package for Stanton.
    I think Cole is better than that... most people do too. Hell, Sickels gave him a B grade this year with the potential to be a #2 starter, even after his struggles... and the other guy, Treinen, he doesn't sound too bad either:

    http://www.minorleagueball.com/2013/...rade-prospects

    Overall, its a package I would be very tempted to take... remember that Jaso had a diminishing role/future here, so it would be trying to sell high on him while you can.

    Remember we traded Josh Lueke to get Jaso... in essence we would have a trail of trading Lueke to get AJ Cole and this Treinen kid. Not bad work for GMZ...
    Last edited by CamraMaan; 01-19-2013 at 06:10 AM.

    "Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

  6. #261
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Oak Harbor, Wa
    Posts
    536
    vCash
    1500
    It'll be nice to see how the youngsters perfom now with a bit of protection.

    Playstation 3 handle: Ryde4Life

  7. #262
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,575
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan8585 View Post
    It'll be nice to see how the youngsters perfom now with a bit of protection.
    More that it'll be nice to see how they perform with a little less pressure to win games all on their shoulders... as well as having some legit veteran leadership...

    "Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

  8. #263
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    16,403
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by CamraMaan View Post
    I think Cole is better than that... most people do too. Hell, Sickels gave him a B grade this year with the potential to be a #2 starter, even after his struggles... and the other guy, Treinen, he doesn't sound too bad either:

    http://www.minorleagueball.com/2013/...rade-prospects

    Overall, its a package I would be very tempted to take... remember that Jaso had a diminishing role/future here, so it would be trying to sell high on him while you can.

    Remember we traded Josh Lueke to get Jaso... in essence we would have a trail of trading Lueke to get AJ Cole and this Treinen kid. Not bad work for GMZ...
    Cole was a high risk high reward it seemed like very good stuff but can't locate very well which is why he gets rocked.

  9. #264
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    4,775
    vCash
    1500
    from Seattle Times article:

    Zduriencik said he won't ink in Morse to any particular position.

    "We didn't acquire Michael to be anything more than someone who can add to this lineup and add to it big-time,"

    this is what i have an issue with. unrealistic expectation in morse, apparently plans to play him all over.. the thought process seems way to similar to wedge.

  10. #265
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    32,049
    vCash
    1500
    The fact that he thinks he'll add to the lineup "big time" is what scares me.

  11. #266
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    16,403
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    The fact that he thinks he'll add to the lineup "big time" is what scares me.
    If he puts up his 2011 numbers he can.

  12. #267
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    32,049
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    If he puts up his 2011 numbers he can.
    From his age 29 season? Two seasons ago? In a worse park?

    I stand by my original comments.

  13. #268
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fife, WA
    Posts
    23,191
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CamraMaan View Post
    Yes!!! The theory works, lots of OBP guys score lots of runs, but it doesn't work if you don't have enough guys who can keep the wheels turning... get on base when the pressure is on, get a clutch hit when it really matters. We didn't have those guys, more or less aside from Jaso, and he couldn't even play every day! The OBP Machine theory only works if you have a lineup full of guys who can perform! Who can get the job done! Morse is one of those guys! He can perform when it matters! No, he's not an OBP Machine, but he hits the ball well, and he hits it hard... its not something to be overlooked, because it can still get the job done! He can/will drive guys in, we will be scoring runs with him in the lineup!
    This makes no sense.

  14. #269
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fife, WA
    Posts
    23,191
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CamraMaan View Post
    But we really only had one last year. The theory does not work if you only have one. The next best guy last year was Seager with a .316 OBP. Everyone else was worse. If you have a team with only one good OBP guy, then he had better be followed by power hitters. The theory on lots of OBP guys scoring runs only works if you have lots of OBP guys. Otherwise your one guy gets on base and almost never crosses home plate.
    It's not a theory. You have to get on base to score a run. If you're sitting in the dugout you can't score a run. If you get out, somebody else loses a chance to hit. It applies to all hitters, not just ones with teammates who can get on base.

  15. #270
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    32,049
    vCash
    1500
    Sounds like we got a bunch of old duffers from "Trouble with the Curve" in here.

    OBP theory?

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •