Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who shuld the Raptors keep?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kyle Lowry

    19 82.61%
  • Jose Calderon

    4 17.39%
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,148
    vCash
    1500

    Should the Raptors keep Kyle Lowry or Jose Calderon?

    Topic

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,715
    vCash
    1500
    They gave up a pick to get Lowry. While it -is- a sunk cost, I'd bet the Raps will keep Lowry just to avoid admitting they were wrong all long.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    21,189
    vCash
    1500
    Lowry, he is the better player.

    Jose is expiring, trade him to get some value back.


    SWAGUEZ!!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Posts
    63,746
    vCash
    500
    Keep Lowry...trade Jose.

    I think it's pretty obvious.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,220
    vCash
    1500
    jose is the better pure pg, but lowry is the overall better player, pre injury wut was he avgin like 23 7 and 7? and phenomenal 3 pt shooting,.

    i love jose but keep kyle

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,144
    vCash
    1500
    I'm beginning to worry about lowry's durability, which would probably be the biggest reason to keep jose.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shambala
    Posts
    43,867
    vCash
    1500
    who would sign back for say 4 years 20 million
    and who will ask for 5 years 60 million?

    Is it worth the difference?

    Whats more likely to get them a Good player.

    Lowrys hype or Joses Hype?
    ]

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    21,555
    vCash
    1500
    Lowry

    S E A N....M A Y N E

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    perth australia
    Posts
    9,229
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    who would sign back for say 4 years 20 million
    and who will ask for 5 years 60 million?

    Is it worth the difference?

    Whats more likely to get them a Good player.

    Lowrys hype or Joses Hype?
    why the heck would jose sign back with a lottery team that has been trying to trade him for the past 3 seasons?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shambala
    Posts
    43,867
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    why the heck would jose sign back with a lottery team that has been trying to trade him for the past 3 seasons?
    if they trade lowry for a player in OTHER position, he might.
    Team is looking better now.
    he has loyalty.
    ]

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,075
    vCash
    1500
    Lowry.

    Jose's going to book in the offseason

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    3,429
    vCash
    1500
    Lowry for the future.


    Nets '13-'14 Season: 44-38 (Last Season 49-33)
    Quote Originally Posted by elledaddy View Post
    They COULD win but so can IND,NYK,CHI....
    Im picking the NETS to lose to IND in the first round in the 4/5 matchup
    Quote me
    _____________________________________________
    Yankees & Nets

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Posts
    7,743
    vCash
    1500
    As a Raptors fan I am conflicted. Jose has been with us his entire career and part of me would like to see a player who actually spends his entire career in Toronto. He's always played well for us.

    Lowry is a good player, but he is an average PG in this league. Let's be honest. Coangelo has made a career out of build mediocrity. The Fields signing? Kapono? Turk? Jack? Trades for TJ Ford and O'Neal? And Marion? Extensions to DeRozen and Bargnani? Bottom line is Coangelo has been giving out generous contracts to average players. These guys are making as much money as some players who are top-five at their position, yet none of these players have even been in the top ten at their positions and frankly aren't even starters on most teams.

    Calderon is a different story though. He has been, over the last several season, perhaps the best player maker behind CP3 and Rondo. He isn't the defender they are, but he is also a much better shooter than Rondo, and I think a better shooter than CP3 as well. If the Raptors could get something worthwhile back for Calderon, I say fine. Move him. But if there isn't a legit offer that gives us a starter, or early first-round pick, or solid young prospect back in return, I say keep Calderon and sign him to an extension at the end of the season.

    I'm not saying that means you have to get rid of Lowry, but bottom line is this: Lowry is not going to be winning you any championships any time soon. Of all the legit contenders in the league, the only PG he is better than is Chalmers. The Raptors gave up a pick for him, yes, but at the same time, he isn't going to be All-Star in this league judging from what he has done so far in his career, and the pick would have been a waste anyways since Coangelo would be making it. Better to trade it for a guy you know can at least compete in the league.

    I say keep Calderon, but I don't suggest you have to get rid of Lowry to do that.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    21,189
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    As a Raptors fan I am conflicted. Jose has been with us his entire career and part of me would like to see a player who actually spends his entire career in Toronto. He's always played well for us.

    Lowry is a good player, but he is an average PG in this league. Let's be honest. Coangelo has made a career out of build mediocrity. The Fields signing? Kapono? Turk? Jack? Trades for TJ Ford and O'Neal? And Marion? Extensions to DeRozen and Bargnani? Bottom line is Coangelo has been giving out generous contracts to average players. These guys are making as much money as some players who are top-five at their position, yet none of these players have even been in the top ten at their positions and frankly aren't even starters on most teams.

    Calderon is a different story though. He has been, over the last several season, perhaps the best player maker behind CP3 and Rondo. He isn't the defender they are, but he is also a much better shooter than Rondo, and I think a better shooter than CP3 as well. If the Raptors could get something worthwhile back for Calderon, I say fine. Move him. But if there isn't a legit offer that gives us a starter, or early first-round pick, or solid young prospect back in return, I say keep Calderon and sign him to an extension at the end of the season.

    I'm not saying that means you have to get rid of Lowry, but bottom line is this: Lowry is not going to be winning you any championships any time soon. Of all the legit contenders in the league, the only PG he is better than is Chalmers. The Raptors gave up a pick for him, yes, but at the same time, he isn't going to be All-Star in this league judging from what he has done so far in his career, and the pick would have been a waste anyways since Coangelo would be making it. Better to trade it for a guy you know can at least compete in the league.

    I say keep Calderon, but I don't suggest you have to get rid of Lowry to do that.
    So you are complaining about Colangelo getting mediocre players but you want to keep Calderon who hasn't got us anywhere since he's been a Raptor?

    Lowry is the superior player, he may not be a star, but he is a heck of a basketball player.

    You don't keep around a player just because you want a guy to retire a Raptor.


    SWAGUEZ!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •