Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who shuld the Raptors keep?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kyle Lowry

19 82.61%
  • Jose Calderon

4 17.39%
    vCash

Should the Raptors keep Kyle Lowry or Jose Calderon?

Topic

vCash
    They gave up a pick to get Lowry. While it -is- a sunk cost, I'd bet the Raps will keep Lowry just to avoid admitting they were wrong all long.

vCash
    Lowry, he is the better player.

Jose is expiring, trade him to get some value back.

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    Keep Lowry...trade Jose.

I think it's pretty obvious.

vCash
    jose is the better pure pg, but lowry is the overall better player, pre injury wut was he avgin like 23 7 and 7? and phenomenal 3 pt shooting,.

i love jose but keep kyle

vCash
    I'm beginning to worry about lowry's durability, which would probably be the biggest reason to keep jose.

vCash
    who would sign back for say 4 years 20 million
    and who will ask for 5 years 60 million?

Is it worth the difference?

Whats more likely to get them a Good player.

Lowrys hype or Joses Hype?
    ]

vCash
    Lowry

S E A N....M A Y N E

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    who would sign back for say 4 years 20 million
    and who will ask for 5 years 60 million?

Is it worth the difference?

Whats more likely to get them a Good player.

Lowrys hype or Joses Hype?
    why the heck would jose sign back with a lottery team that has been trying to trade him for the past 3 seasons?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    why the heck would jose sign back with a lottery team that has been trying to trade him for the past 3 seasons?
    if they trade lowry for a player in OTHER position, he might.
    Team is looking better now.
    he has loyalty.
    ]

vCash
    Lowry.

Jose's going to book in the offseason

vCash
    Lowry for the future.

Nets '13-'14 Season: 44-38 (Last Season 49-33)
    Quote Originally Posted by elledaddy View Post
    They COULD win but so can IND,NYK,CHI....
    Im picking the NETS to lose to IND in the first round in the 4/5 matchup
    Quote me

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    As a Raptors fan I am conflicted. Jose has been with us his entire career and part of me would like to see a player who actually spends his entire career in Toronto. He's always played well for us.

Lowry is a good player, but he is an average PG in this league. Let's be honest. Coangelo has made a career out of build mediocrity. The Fields signing? Kapono? Turk? Jack? Trades for TJ Ford and O'Neal? And Marion? Extensions to DeRozen and Bargnani? Bottom line is Coangelo has been giving out generous contracts to average players. These guys are making as much money as some players who are top-five at their position, yet none of these players have even been in the top ten at their positions and frankly aren't even starters on most teams.

Calderon is a different story though. He has been, over the last several season, perhaps the best player maker behind CP3 and Rondo. He isn't the defender they are, but he is also a much better shooter than Rondo, and I think a better shooter than CP3 as well. If the Raptors could get something worthwhile back for Calderon, I say fine. Move him. But if there isn't a legit offer that gives us a starter, or early first-round pick, or solid young prospect back in return, I say keep Calderon and sign him to an extension at the end of the season.

I'm not saying that means you have to get rid of Lowry, but bottom line is this: Lowry is not going to be winning you any championships any time soon. Of all the legit contenders in the league, the only PG he is better than is Chalmers. The Raptors gave up a pick for him, yes, but at the same time, he isn't going to be All-Star in this league judging from what he has done so far in his career, and the pick would have been a waste anyways since Coangelo would be making it. Better to trade it for a guy you know can at least compete in the league.

I say keep Calderon, but I don't suggest you have to get rid of Lowry to do that.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    As a Raptors fan I am conflicted. Jose has been with us his entire career and part of me would like to see a player who actually spends his entire career in Toronto. He's always played well for us.

Lowry is a good player, but he is an average PG in this league. Let's be honest. Coangelo has made a career out of build mediocrity. The Fields signing? Kapono? Turk? Jack? Trades for TJ Ford and O'Neal? And Marion? Extensions to DeRozen and Bargnani? Bottom line is Coangelo has been giving out generous contracts to average players. These guys are making as much money as some players who are top-five at their position, yet none of these players have even been in the top ten at their positions and frankly aren't even starters on most teams.

Calderon is a different story though. He has been, over the last several season, perhaps the best player maker behind CP3 and Rondo. He isn't the defender they are, but he is also a much better shooter than Rondo, and I think a better shooter than CP3 as well. If the Raptors could get something worthwhile back for Calderon, I say fine. Move him. But if there isn't a legit offer that gives us a starter, or early first-round pick, or solid young prospect back in return, I say keep Calderon and sign him to an extension at the end of the season.

I'm not saying that means you have to get rid of Lowry, but bottom line is this: Lowry is not going to be winning you any championships any time soon. Of all the legit contenders in the league, the only PG he is better than is Chalmers. The Raptors gave up a pick for him, yes, but at the same time, he isn't going to be All-Star in this league judging from what he has done so far in his career, and the pick would have been a waste anyways since Coangelo would be making it. Better to trade it for a guy you know can at least compete in the league.

I say keep Calderon, but I don't suggest you have to get rid of Lowry to do that.
    So you are complaining about Colangelo getting mediocre players but you want to keep Calderon who hasn't got us anywhere since he's been a Raptor?

Lowry is the superior player, he may not be a star, but he is a heck of a basketball player.

You don't keep around a player just because you want a guy to retire a Raptor.

SWAGUEZ!!!