Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Jaso 2012 WAR: 3.3

Morse 2012 WAR: 0.6

I thought Zduriencik was supposed to be smart. 10 bucks says he's not the Mariner's GM this time next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GA16Angels View Post

I thought Zduriencik was supposed to be smart. 10 bucks says he's not the Mariner's GM this time next year.
    I think thats a slight overreacting and misuse of a stat as a be all end all.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    like it for the a's and nats,confusing move for the m's

vCash
    Nationals got the best out of this deal no idea what the Athletics are thinking though or even the M's for that fact.

Morse can hit no real Defensive position though and Jaso does not have a catchers arm if they plan on playing Morse in the OF ugh....

Just about that action boss.

vCash
    Fail for the mariners for letting morse go and trading to get him back. Mike morse was a mariner like 3 years ago. ****in mariners pissing me off

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    I think thats a slight overreacting and misuse of a stat as a be all end all.
    Not really. In less playing time Jaso had more value than Morse had last year. That's what that stat shows and that's why the trade is bad for the M's.

vCash

Morse was a 3.3 WAR player in 2011. So he's got the talent there to hit a little.

I'll absolutely take you up in that bet as well.

vCash

I am starting to get scared i mean he almost sent the entire farm for Upton watch the Nationals get Franklin or one of our big 3 pitchers.

vCash
    The Nats just got more than they would have with their 1st round pick, IMO. Good deal for them.
    The Mariners need offense and got some.
    Not sure how much Jaso helps the A's though. Where does he play?

vCash
    I love this trade by Billy. Brilliant.

A little on Jaso

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index...ing-john-jaso/
    Therefore he doesn't exist
    So poof...vamoose son of a b itch

vCash
    Wow the A's gave up Cole for Jaso? Seems like a big price for Jaso, though I am a huge Jaso fan at the same time so it wasnt too bad. Great get for the Nats who get more talented pitching after giving up Meyers and Morse who at this point was overkill for them more than anything. Remember they have Tyler Moore too who I think is a great backup in case Laroche goes down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    Morse was a 3.3 WAR player in 2011. So he's got the talent there to hit a little.

I'll absolutely take you up in that bet as well.
    3.1 actually. And that thus far has been his career year and he hasn't posted a WAR close to that before or since. Jaso on the other hand posted a 2.4 WAR in 2010.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    The Nats just got more than they would have with their 1st round pick, IMO. Good deal for them.
    The Mariners need offense and got some.
    Not sure how much Jaso helps the A's though. Where does he play?
    Catcher but he doesn't have a strong enough arm to really play the position in my opinion.

vCash
    Jaso and Norris are probably going to be a powerhouse catching tandem too. Jaso is also entering his prime I would think so they A's should get the best out of him.

vCash
    Not really. In less playing time Jaso had more value than Morse had last year. That's what that stat shows and that's why the trade is bad for the M's.
    Yes. You are ignoring every other stat and acting like WAR tells you everything.

You are ignoring the fact that Jaso gets an automatic bump for playing C, while Morse gets points taken away for being a corner OF/1B.

You are also ignoring the fact that Jaso played solely against RHP, who he crushes, while hitting like a Single-A player against LHP. Not to mention the rest of their careers overall which tell you that Jaso is unlikely to repeat what he did last year.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast