Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    The lakers just have a bunch of garabge on their roster. The only way they are getting josh smith is if they give up dwight.

Warriors come out and Ta-ank.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Parsons isn't going anywhere folks cmon now
    I love Parsons game but come on it's not like Monty can't play his role eventually and Parsons has been slacking on most nights eversince his shoulder got bumped. Ideally you want to keep Parsons but look at last night. Delfino was guarding Dirk, he had to guard Dirk b/c Parsons wasn't getting the job done. If that's Josh Smith. Way different story.

Lin
    Harden
    Delfino or Monty
    Smith
    Asik

the pick n' roll is back w/ Smith. They get a fastbreak that's some must see stuff.
    when they forget what Kevin Long saids

I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by futureman View Post
    The lakers just have a bunch of garabge on their roster. The only way they are getting josh smith is if they give up dwight.
    Well your from Boston and you have a stooge as your Avy. So this post isnt TOO shocking

vCash
    If i'm houston and i have a shot at getting Smith, I would gladly include Parsons as a part of the deal

Grizz: Titans: UK BBall: APSU BBall:
    - MJ-BULLS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrfadeawayJB View Post
    If i'm houston and i have a shot at getting Smith, I would gladly include Parsons as a part of the deal
    thank you, right now you're the only one making sense. This isn't Larry Bird. He can shoot, pass, defend, but on some nights he disappears. Last night Lin gives him a catchable ball he muffs and it's loss. This is Josh Smith we're talking about. Parsons has a long way before he can be that type of impact player. (he'll never be that type) Josh Smith is a guy who'd give Blake Griffin, Dirk, Durant........he'd give those types a fit. Harden and pick n'roll, Lin w/ the pick n'roll, Smith in the post, fastbreak, rebounding, defense. You have to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KniCks4LiFe View Post
    I love Parsons game but come on it's not like Monty can't play his role eventually and Parsons has been slacking on most nights eversince his shoulder got bumped.
    Come on? Im not that high on him, nor would it change anything regarding his contract to production cost or Parsons potential improvements.

Parsons is on the books for 2.5 seasons for like 2Million TOTAL. Just doesnt sound like a chip that Morey would move in this scenario.

Ideally you want to keep Parsons but look at last night. Delfino was guarding Dirk, he had to guard Dirk b/c Parsons wasn't getting the job done. If that's Josh Smith. Way different story.
    So you think they should make a trade based on how they fared vs a sub .500 team?

Lin
    Harden
    Delfino or Monty
    Smith
    Asik

the pick n' roll is back w/ Smith. They get a fastbreak that's some must see stuff.
    So they have zero outlet option from the bigs, lol thats going to be one easy pick and roll to blitz/sag. It would definitely hurt Harden/Lin's ISO game.
    Morey has been trying to find/develop a stretch-4 for awhile now, dont see why that changes now that hes set up the team perfectly for free agency. They can always sign Smith in the off-season.
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

vCash
    Why?
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    If I see one more poster post how Asik/Lin are gonna make 16 mill(max money/poison pill)... Dudes, look up the way it works... IT'S ONLY 8.3 AGAINST THE CAP. Don't act smart if you are not.
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    This without the snide remarks. I don't know why people keep insisting their contracts blow up at the end.
    http://hoopshype.com/salaries/houston.htm

dur hur. its that way because that is the most houston could have given on the offer sheet. it DOES blow u[ in the 3rd year.

vCash
    harden & smith duo would be nastyyyy

im likin what Houston is doing these days. not afraid to take any risks, they just wanna win

vCash
    Come on? Im not that high on him, nor would it change anything regarding his contract to production cost or Parsons potential improvements.

Parsons is on the books for 2.5 seasons for like 2Million TOTAL. Just doesnt sound like a chip that Morey would move in this scenario.
    I said ideally you don't want to trade him but what do you do you also have Monty rotting away and if Parsons holds up getting Josh Smith IDK if that's wise.

So you think they should make a trade based on how they fared vs a sub .500 team?
    No. But they want to make the playoffs it might be necessary. What's the strength of schedule they have coming up, b/c they have loaded up on the East. Don't forget that.

So they have zero outlet option from the bigs, lol thats going to be one easy pick and roll to blitz/sag. It would definitely hurt Harden/Lin's ISO game.
    Morey has been trying to find/develop a stretch-4 for awhile now, dont see why that changes now that hes set up the team perfectly for free agency. They can always sign Smith in the off-season.
    Lin and Harden's iso game gets more hurt b/c they are starting to not respect the PnR, you saw at the end of last night how Harden had to be the one to set up the screen, that's Asik's job but his finishing rate is probably one of the worst in the league so teams don't respect it much and that's when Lin and Harden get doubled. You want them to conserve that ISO game for moments like the 4th qtr and create mismatches around the elbow. That's a great spot to insert Josh Smith's game who is one of the most athletic finishers in the game. But you're right they can sign him in the offseason too and pair him w/ Lin/Harden/Parsons. I just think they might look into it b/c FA isn't guaranteed to land a star. Brooklyn was waiting for Dwight Howard, a yr. later he choked it up for them.

vCash
    i doubt they will... the thing about parsons is he has two team options after this year for less than $1 million per year...

not saying they won't but it is alot tougher decision than people are saying.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KniCks4LiFe View Post
    someone is going to get upset out of the playoffs if Houston gets Josh Smith.
    well, with the Mavs, Wolves, and even Lakers all teams that many thought were playoff contenders not playing well, there are a couple spots for the taking out west this year. Houston can easily get one of them.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    To Denver for Chandler, Amill, and Mozgov, for Jsmith, and jenkins

ROCK NATION!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by astrosmaniac View Post
    there's no way morey deals asik for him. asik is a great value as a defensive anchor at C. can you imagine this teams defense without him? it'd be horrendous. theres also the fact that smith is terribly inefficient
    yeah, Asik is not going in this deal. I have been surprised by him at times this year. It would be salary relief for Atlanta, while getting a couple young players back, like Parsons, Patterson, and maybe a future pick.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Why?
    for what Parson's makes, and his contributions, I sense Morey wouldn't include him in a deal either. But what could Houston offer? Not sure sending their glut of PF's is going to cut it.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast