Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Agree to disagree Knickfan

Whats the market on him? Your right about them prolly not having enough for him, but why give up assets when you can easily sign the guy outright if you wanted? And he doesn't fit the mold of PF's they are going after, IIRC there were several rumors of going after Josh Smith and JJ back in the Tmac expiring contract days and other times as well, never pulled the trigger then. Wish we knew what Morey was thinking.

One thing I've noticed is that he doesn't like trading guys who are outright bargains at their contracts but he wont commit longterm unless hes comfortable with the core. Parsons is where Budinger was his first few years, if Parsons gets traded it will be in his contract year just like Budinger.
    Love Parsons. I'm just not that high on his game. Josh Smith in SF/PF they can make noise. That's if they decide to make a move. Chase Budinger and Parsons isn't that far off of a comparison.
    when they forget what Kevin Long saids

I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

vCash
    Chase and Chandler are both white, were 2nd round picks by the Rockets and play SF. The similarites pretty much stop there.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    Chase and Chandler are both white, were 2nd round picks by the Rockets and play SF. The similarites pretty much stop there.
    I don't think they're shooting ability was that off, Chase was also pretty athletic. I think Chandler has better handles, can rebound and defend better. Point is. You can find a lot of Chandler Parsons in the next 5 yrs. How many Josh Smiths will you find?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KniCks4LiFe View Post
    Love Parsons. I'm just not that high on his game. Josh Smith in SF/PF they can make noise. That's if they decide to make a move. Chase Budinger and Parsons isn't that far off of a comparison.
    I dont buy Smith as a SF. I dont think any team wants to play him there. Morey knows the numbers with Smith as a 3-man, I dont think theres any reason to suggest thats an enticing aspect of acquiring him, a perimeter player who cant space the floor with guys like Asik/Lin.

I think as a general rule you should never have more than 2 non-shooters on the court, with Smith at the 3 you need guys who can play the outlet role he cannot. He and Parsons together tho.

Wish Atlanta didn't have so many guards and that Morey was heartless enough to trade Lin, because for all his flaws, Smith has more value than the most realistic offer Morey could give.
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

vCash
    The 2nd round bit is pretty important as it pertains to contract structure/value. Get it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    Its official, Morey aint trading Parsons.

vCash
    I dont buy Smith as a SF. I dont think any team wants to play him there. Morey knows the numbers with Smith as a 3-man, I dont think theres any reason to suggest thats an enticing aspect of acquiring him, a perimeter player who cant space the floor with guys like Asik/Lin.

I think as a general rule you should never have more than 2 non-shooters on the court, with Smith at the 3 you need guys who can play the outlet role he cannot. He and Parsons together tho.

Wish Atlanta didn't have so many guards and that Morey was heartless enough to trade Lin, because for all his flaws, Smith has more value than the most realistic offer Morey could give.
    So you'd rather be a perimeter team instead of effective fastbreak, halfcourt team? When 3 pt. shots don't go down, the other team has the fastbreaks. An area the Roxs are not adept at. Like I said if they want Smith, Parsons shouldn't be the holding point.

vCash
    So you'd rather be a perimeter team instead of effective fastbreak, halfcourt team?
    Im saying if your playing Smith at the 3, your likely not going to be an effective halfcourt team IMO. Dont mistake me saying spacing the floor means we have to shoot 3's, it simply means your provide room for your teammates when they are creating, be it by slashing, working the 2-man game, whatever. That is the definition of being an outlet option, the pressure release when defenses collapse. If you put Smith at the 3, you eliminate an essential component to most successful half court offenses. Im just saying thats how I like my teams, you can play Smith at the 3 but its not ideal and it puts more strain on other players. Thats just on offense tho, defensively Smith can be a game changer so I get the curiosity, but your not talking about defense much.

When 3 pt. shots don't go down, the other team has the fastbreaks. An area the Roxs are not adept at. Like I said if they want Smith, Parsons shouldn't be the holding point.
    I disagree, there is a reason why the best teams shoot 3's, its because they are high value. Spacing is more important than I think you realize. I would rather keep Parsons and try to get Smith without losing him, if I miss out on Smith so be it, I still have a boatload of flexibility to acquire other players.
    Last edited by Chronz; 01-18-2013 at 05:13 PM.

vCash
    The 2nd round bit is pretty important as it pertains to contract structure/value. Get it?
    I was agreeing with you. I was disagreeing with Knicks4Life

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    I was agreeing with you. I was disagreeing with Knicks4Life
    Got it

vCash
    if he goes to Houston who would they give up....they gave up almost everything they have for james harden... but if they can maneuver it somehow they would be a serious threat

steal of the draft cleanthony early

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    I think Josh Smith is over rated. I wouldn't weaken my team to get my hands on him.

The kind of player you should look to sign or S&T for.
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)
    Shine on shine on shine on them ******

vCash
    So you'd rather be a perimeter team instead of effective fastbreak, halfcourt team? When 3 pt. shots don't go down, the other team has the fastbreaks. An area the Roxs are not adept at. Like I said if they want Smith, Parsons shouldn't be the holding point.
    I would agree IF Smith wasn't already expiring this year.

If Smith wants to go to Houston, Houston has the cap room to sign him outright. And if Houston is his first choice, Houston may *still* be the best value trade Atlanta can get. Dallas doesn't have that many assets to trade either, but like Houston they have cap space.

Trading Smith as a rental has limited value as the Dwight trade so amply demonstrated.

Now, if Smith wants to go to Memphis, I think they by Far have the best assets to massage a trade (especially if they package Rudy Gay).

Like anything, I suspect it will come down to what Smith wants.

vCash

vCash
    Don't see Smith as a winning player imo. He's a good player but the Rockets would be better off signing someone like Millsap during the off season.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast