Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Could Chip Kelly come calling for Terrelle Pryor?

off of Bill Wiliiamson's AFC West blog :

Chip Kelly wanted Terrelle Pryor to be his quarterback once before.

Now that Kelly is entering the NFL and he is bringing his unique offense from the college ranks, could Kelly try to work with Pryor again?

Chris Sprow lists Pryor as a potential target of Kelly as he begins his tenure as the coach of the Philadelphia Eagles.

Kellyís fast-paced offense relies on a big, fast running quarterback. Pryor fits that bill.

Thatís why Kelly heavily recruited Pryor to Oregon. Pryor said he was intrigued, but he ended up staying close to home and he went to Ohio State.

It would be far from a given to think Pryor would be atop Kellyís wish list. But because of the previous interest and the scheme fit, Sprow is right. Pryor belongs on the list.

Pryor showed some promise in a season-ending loss at San Diego when he started for the injured Carson Palmer. Still, Pryor is considered raw and, at best, he will be Oaklandís backup next season.

Oakland doesnít have a second- or a fifth-round pick in the April draft. Because Oaklandís brass is likely not totally committed to Pryor, I could see it listening to the Eagles if it was offered a solid draft pick for Pryor because the Raiders have several immediate needs.

Again, Iím not saying Pryor is the perfect answer for Kelly, but thereís enough dot connecting here to think he could be on Kellyís list moving forward.
    I'd like to keep Pryor to see what he can do. But if Kelly offers decent compensation..who knows. personally doubt Kelly is that interested and this is just an off-season story to pas the time. he'll find his own QB if it isn't Mike Vick or Nick Foles

vCash
    Don't see it happening Nick Foles will be their starter.

vCash
    ...as long as he doesn't try to pass Vick off on us in the trade. Ain't goin' down
    that road. We've already had one horrid QB from that family.
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

vCash
    Is he really going to try to run his crap offense in the NFL?

I don't see him as being that stupid to run the exact style Oregon offense in the NFL. It will never work, NFL players are too fast. He's going to have to alter his book of plays.

vCash
    Can Foles run his type of offense?

I can see him wanting Pryor, but after seeing TP against the Chargers, I wouldn't mind keeping him. But if he wants to give up a 2nd or a 3rd...I hope RM doesn't think too hard about it..

vCash
    Foles for Pryor.

Silver & Mack

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by weeman323 View Post
    Foles for Pryor.
    That would certainly be an intriguing deal. I'd be for it.

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

vCash
    Love all the offseason speculation....
    " I have only three rules, be on time, pay attention, and play like hell on Sunday"

-John Madden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blakersburris View Post
    Is he really going to try to run his crap offense in the NFL?

I don't see him as being that stupid to run the exact style Oregon offense in the NFL. It will never work, NFL players are too fast. He's going to have to alter his book of plays.
    Not the exact offense but it will be up tempo/no huddle for sure...
    " I have only three rules, be on time, pay attention, and play like hell on Sunday"

-John Madden

vCash
    pryor is our QB of the future and if palmer plays bad maybe even of next season. Nobody on the eagles roster is worth trading for. foles is kolb 2.0. Keep pryor.

RAIDER NATION

vCash
    Terrelle Pryor for Leshawn McCoy?........or however you spell that first name.......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Cog Neato View Post
    Terrelle Pryor for Leshawn McCoy?........or however you spell that first name.......
    Im sure the eagles would be down....I wish u had to take a test about football knowledge before signing up for this site

vCash
    ^^^^why the hate?????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SDraiders619 View Post
    Im sure the eagles would be down....I wish u had to take a test about football knowledge before signing up for this site
    Talk about needing to take a test about football knowledge??? I wasn't the one salivating at taking the joke of a MLB from ND who is still missing tackles as we speak. You even was willing to take him @ #3, if I remember correctly. The boy, against superior competition, was exposed as an inferior MLB, who continually shot the wrong gap, missed a plethora of tackles, looked lost in coverage, but other than that, he looked like a sure-fire top-three pick....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Cog Neato View Post
    Talk about needing to take a test about football knowledge??? I wasn't the one salivating at taking the joke of a MLB from ND who is still missing tackles as we speak. You even was willing to take him @ #3, if I remember correctly. The boy, against superior competition, was exposed as an inferior MLB, who continually shot the wrong gap, missed a plethora of tackles, looked lost in coverage, but other than that, he looked like a sure-fire top-three pick....

Actually young one teo was in my top 3 guys I wanted before the alabama game after it I concluded i wanted to trade back but to compare the idea of drafting teo at three to trading Pryor for McCoy lol now that's hilarious

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast