Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    Damn we always get ****ed over with injuries like this. I wish we could get the Suns training staff. Did Sheed's contract really become guaranteed? If not then I agree with the suggestion of cutting him then signing K-Mart.

vCash
    We signed a lot of these old heads that cant hold up. We need to go ahead and grap Kmart and call it a wrap for sheed

vCash
    Let Sheed have his money and let him go home now... Sign Kmart!

It's party time!

vCash
    I don't understand why signing Kmart hasn't been in the works already.

He's willing to sign for the minimum (pro rated now). And IMO there is a primary 4/5 rotation of Tyson/Amare/Melo (where Amare and really Tyson can play both, and so can the 3 old guys). And for about 15-20 minutes a game either Sheed or Camby fill in, possibly both if they were ever healthy together. KT can fill in there too, but it's not preferable. Fact is, they only need 1 of them, but since they can't stay healthy they need to have that extra guy and Kmart would be a great fit.

vCash
    The number one reason I believe K-Mart is a great option is because he still somewhat plays above the rim ... with amare's lack of explosiveness our only other above the rim player is Tyson... K-Mart would bring that element and would play well with Ray-Ray

vCash
    I love Sheed and he makes this team so much better. I dont want to cut him if he will be able to come back this season. I would cut Ronnie Brewer and sign K Mart. We have to have a big we can rely on for rebouding & defense. Chandler looks a bit fatigued right now & Kurt Thomas is limited.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HugeKnicksFan82 View Post
    We cant sign Harrelson till free agency because of the new rule where you cant pick up a waived player you traded within the same year till the following free agency year.
    crap, forgot about that...

he's not an awful players, he's a big body that can rebound and shoot... he had some real nice games for us last year before hurting his wrist.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    crap, forgot about that...

he's not an awful players, he's a big body that can rebound and shoot... he had some real nice games for us last year before hurting his wrist.
    He had one nice game and bunch of Fields-esque crappy games where he airballed the corner 3's, didn't hit the glass and was a turnstyle on defense. He's undersized and under skilled. Miami is basically starving for bigs and they couldn't find a role for him. Why on earth do people think that somehow means he will be a great fit here?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickFanSince91 View Post
    He had one nice game and bunch of Fields-esque crappy games where he airballed the corner 3's, didn't hit the glass and was a turnstyle on defense. He's undersized and under skilled. Miami is basically starving for bigs and they couldn't find a role for him. Why on earth do people think that somehow means he will be a great fit here?
    Why do people always say this? Has anyone noticed that MIA can't find a role for basically ANY big man? As much as MIA supposedly needs a big man, they never give any big man much of a chance.

they barely even play Haslem anymore. THey let Turiaf go, they don't play Joel anthony anymore, Rashard Lewis either...

MIA just doesn't like big men! they like to play small ball... i bet if they signed Camby he'd be on the bench too.

we are not miami... the clippers had no problem giving Turiaf a role, should they have said "o well MIA didnt want him so we shouldnt either"...of course not... thats ridiculous.

ok end rant...

vCash
    LONDON – Mike Woodson and Rasheed Wallace refuted a report that the veteran big man’s season might be over due to a foot injury.

Wallace hasn’t wanted to talk about his foot and usually tells the media to direct all questions about his health to Woodson and the Knicks’ medical staff. But at Thursday morning's shootaround, he addressed the report.

“No, my season ain’t over,” Wallace said....

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anji View Post
    Sheed basically held down the front court off the bench when Amare and Camby were down, in no way should the knicks cut bait on Sheed right now.

His defense was a strength, not a liability.
    Agreed...he was good defensively. I hate to cut him but we cant hold on to a guy that's not going to play. We have to make a move to get better.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    My guess is Knicks won't sign K-Mart until they can make a deal to unload Brewer or James White after they are certain Shumpert is ok. I don't see them cutting Wallace... he will likely be back for playoffs and out only rest of regular season.
    AS MJ WOULD SAY " IS THIS SIGNATURE IN VIOLATION NOW..."

"Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Why do people always say this? Has anyone noticed that MIA can't find a role for basically ANY big man? As much as MIA supposedly needs a big man, they never give any big man much of a chance.

they barely even play Haslem anymore. THey let Turiaf go, they don't play Joel anthony anymore, Rashard Lewis either...

MIA just doesn't like big men! they like to play small ball... i bet if they signed Camby he'd be on the bench too.

we are not miami... the clippers had no problem giving Turiaf a role, should they have said "o well MIA didnt want him so we shouldnt either"...of course not... thats ridiculous.

ok end rant...
    Haslem is playing 25 mins a night and the only cat they have crashing the glass. They need another big like Haslem to crash the glass and play defense...nobody else you named, including Jorts can do that consistently. Turiaf is only good for 10 mins a night and that's why he fit so well with the Clips.

Back to our team...we are essentially looking for the same thing as Miami (big man to crash the glass and defend for about 15 min/night) so if Jorts couldn't provide that for them, he won't provide that for us. We've already seen what he can do and that's why he was shipped out of town as trade fodder.

vCash
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/353/rasheed-wallace

Rasheed Wallace (foot) said that he will play again this season, but he still can't run and the team is in a "holding pattern" with him.A previous report from ESPN New York stated that the Knicks were concerned Wallace could miss the rest of the season, but 'Sheed doesn't want his comeback attempt derailed by the injury. He remains out indefinitely right now, and there is no timetable for his return. If Sheed can't return, Kenyon Martin's name is being brought up as a potential replacement
    Thats from Isola's twitter account. Which is the most recent update i could find, so I mean at least Sheed wants to return and it looks like he is going to do whatever possible to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    if bulls win the series ill leave this site forever
    I will for one time in my life actually root for the bulls

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    You know what I fear? That Sheed will be another Baron Davis. If his foot is that bad that he will be out for an extended period of time how effective will he be in the playoffs?

We sit around waiting for a player that we think we're going to get and he turns out to be the opposite.

I think he will struggle with that foot in the playoffs....Sheed been retired for two years and hes up there in age....Camby is out ...Amar'e has his health issues. We have to get a little younger IMO.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast