Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Prospects

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wissportsfan View Post
    Rhodes first. I wanted to ask you about Rhodes because of people have very high grades on him and I see a lot of weaknesses in his game, especially the way he's portrayed. At the end of my report this is what I got on the guy "He likes to be physical at the line but after 5 yards he still gets to handsy. Not a huge fan of him. Acceleration isn’t there, has decent top speed but usually by that time he’s burned." For a guy that is suppose to be a shut down CB and I don't think he can keep up with a lot of CBs. So he relies on his physicality and starts grabbing after he gets beat. That for me is his biggest weakness.

Okafor - A little slow off the ball. Strong. Like you said he's pretty good with his hands. Also saw that he's got a pretty good motor. I want to watch another game of his but as of right now I feel like DL would be best for him. Mainly because he's slow off the ball and he seems stiff in the hips. But I also thought that of Nick Perry.

Kenny Vaccaro
    Smart guy. Honor roll student. Aggressive player. Sometimes too aggressive. Biggest negative is that he overruns a lot of plays. I love that he’s physical and he wants to come up and make the big tackle but he misses too many tackles because he doesn’t break down. Quicker than fast but still faster than most S. Quick to the ball carrier. Fights through blocks. I don’t see a lack of effort. Can play man against receivers. Has a tendency to cheat and look at the QB. If he doesn’t do that I see him as one of the better cover S. Anticipates throws well, needs to work on anticipating routes. Played a good amount of zone. Can read the QB effectively. Plays a lot like Earl Thomas. Texas used him a lot close to the line. This I think is his more natural position. As a single high S he gives up on being the last man on the defense and goes in for the quick tackle.
    Round late 1st
    I thought Rhodes play was pretty deceitful I knew something was off but I still think someone takes a chance on him high.

Yeah watching Okafor is like watching Perry only again Okafor uses his hands better.

Vaccaro I thought the same thing about him I think he could play the Woodson role in our Defense
    HaHa Clinton-Dix

Solo Tackles: 3
    Assist Tackles: 3
    Sacks: 1
    Pass Deflects: 1
    Ints:
    TDs:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Me too. Hundreds.

I actually called Bulaga I remember all predraft everyone was like on no he is a top ten talent and I was like yeah he is a top ten talent but, he is gonna free fall. Then the closer and closer it got to the draft he kept dropping and dropping and on my old phone I had the text for the longest time my boss (who was also a packer fan) texted me ten minutes before we picked and was like who you think they are taking and I said Bulaga and of course it happened
    HaHa Clinton-Dix

Ints:
    TDs:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    I thought Rhodes play was pretty deceitful I knew something was off but I still think someone takes a chance on him high.

Yeah watching Okafor is like watching Perry only again Okafor uses his hands better.

Vaccaro I thought the same thing about him I think he could play the Woodson role in our Defense
    Rhodes had knee injury at the end of 2011. I was wondering if that had anything to do with how he's been moving out there. Either way, it's a bit of a concern.

vCash
    Wiss, PB when you get a chance what do you think of Deandre Hopkins and Le'Veon Bell? I personally have a man crush on both but I also know that the chances we draft 1 or both are close to none.

vCash
    DeAndre Hopkins

He’s got good size, and a lot of tools to become a good receiver. Runs good routes. His hands are inconsistent, can make a tough catch but also can drop some easier catches. Good jump ball receiver. Has good deceptive long speed. Can get some YAC. Willing blocker. Okay at getting off a jam, needs to use his hands more in that department. Needs to be more physical. Has returned punts. Seems to try harder against better competition. Mid-Late 2nd (If he runs a good 40 time I see him going higher)

Le'Veon Bell

He’d be perfect in the ZBS. He's the type of back that sees a hole and hits it hard. Has very good vision. Likes to bounce some plays. Decent balance. Reliable receiver out of the backfield. Doesn’t run downhill as much as he should, but still is a good power back. Surprisingly quick and elusive, but tends to dance when he gets in trouble. I believe he lost some quickness and speed in 2012. However, he still shows spurts. He needs to run under a 4.45 and come in under 235 in order for him to move into the 1st round. Took a ton of carries last season. 2nd round but a lot depends on what he comes in at the combine and how he runs.

vCash
    alright here are some more stuff for you guys

DeAndre Hopkins WR Clemson - typical WR size, Good Hands, tough receiver he fights for extra yards. Good speed can stretch the field, separates from the defender well. He does drop a pass now and again but, I believe it is due to 1 of 2 things Bad throws or not concentrating on the catch. Like Wis said he is a good jump ball receiver.
    2nd round

Zeke Motta FS ND - he has good speed and is a hard hitter. Solid wrap up tackler not afraid to hit someone. High motor never seems to slow down. Good coverage, Not really a ball hawk, he won't give you a lot of ints but, will break up passes. He has a lot of the same skill set as his ex-teammate Harrison Smith.
    3rd

Le'veon Bell RB Michigan State- Strong back. is a patient runner but, can be overly hesitant. Can be good in the pass game but, I did watch him drop a few easy passes. Doesn't have the best vision. Speed isn't the greatest but, its not the worst and as Wis has stated before he came into the season heavier than last year maybe if he returned to normal weight he would get his speed back. He really isn't an elusive back but, he tries to be he danced a little to much in the game highlights I watched I think if he stays this size he just needs to use his strength and pound the ball more.
    3rd-4th round

Jordan Reed TE Florida - He has good hands. Moves more like a WR than a TE. Speedy. not the greatest blocker but, he can get the job done most of the time. Needs to keep the ball tucked away the one play that sticks in my mind is against Georgia where he went to leap over one defender and another defender punched the ball out of his arms looked like he was more concentrated on the leap than holding onto the ball. He has tremendous athleticism.
    2nd-3rd round

Bacarri Rambo Safety Georgia - Solid tackler, good speed. very physical, looks like he plays with a chip on his shoulder. His coverage seemed pretty good to me. He does once in awhile shy away from the tackle, I saw one play where he had the best chance of taking the guy down but, just kind of kept back peddling with the guy. Tends to try for the big play more than the east play ie, over jumps the route trying for the int, tries punching the ball out instead of tackling etc. His arms are always clawing at the ball, which like stated before can be a good or bad thing.
    2nd-3rd round

if you guys got anymore just let me know
    HaHa Clinton-Dix

Ints:
    TDs:

vCash
    PB, what are your thoughts on Alec Ogletree from Georgia? Also, I know PB already did one (I appreciate the insight), but what are other people's thoughts on Minter from LSU and any other potential 1-2 round ILBs? I know we get Bishop back, but I really feel we could use another guy next to him and think we should consider that early in the upcoming draft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    PB, what are your thoughts on Alec Ogletree from Georgia? Also, I know PB already did one (I appreciate the insight), but what are other people's thoughts on Minter from LSU and any other potential 1-2 round ILBs? I know we get Bishop back, but I really feel we could use another guy next to him and think we should consider that early in the upcoming draft.
    Alec Ogletree ILB Georgia - Has good speed and is a hard hitter a heard announcer say he was a converted safety. His coverage isn't the best but, I think it is adequate for a ILB. He is a very hot and cold player, some plays he is flying around making plays being a star and the next he is jogging around and is just like he is in cruise control. tends to not like to fight off the block also, tends to fall for play fakes and draws, he is a great blitzer when he uses his speed to beat the line but, as I said earlier he don't like to fight off the block so when he is caught he doesn't separate. I also thought that he needs to work on his tackling I cringed when I saw some of the ways he was taking the ball carrier down, if he doesn't work on it he will hurt someone. I think if someone can motivate him and get 100% out of him on every play he could be good in the NFL
    2nd-3rd round.

as for any other ILBs in the 1st or 2nd round in the game films I have watched none of them really wow me. things might change after the predraft stuff but, right now I just see backups.
    HaHa Clinton-Dix

Ints:
    TDs:

vCash
    The more highlights of McDonald I watch, the more I love him.

And 2 guys I love for next years draft....Borland and Andrew Jackson.
    Last edited by iam brett favre; 01-21-2013 at 01:33 AM.

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    Alright man I went a head and did a quick overview of some of these guys. I really couldn't find much on Jackson Pryor or Reynolds but I did the other three and I have what I saw from them.

TJ McDonald FS USC - Can get caught by Play action. Has the ability to make the hit but, I also saw him shy away from the tackle a few times. I worry about his speed some, looked like he had trouble keeping up with some receivers. He played a lot from the OLB position maybe if he bulked up a little more he could transition to linebacker? I think is in the same boat as Taylor Mays was when he came out. Obviously if he puts up good numbers at the Pre-draft workouts he could go higher.
    3rd-4th

Kevin Minter ILB LSU - he is a quick backer. Solid tackler though can miss one once in a while. he can separate from the block. he must have been a basketball player at one time because I love that little spin move he pulls to get away from the block its like super quick that the blocker doesn't know its coming. Is always tracking the ball and is always around it. High motor. Has a neat little fake where he lines up sideways like he is going to drop into coverage than is quick enough to turn back around and rush the passer watched it happen a few times. I think Wis said it too but, he reminds me a lot of Hawk not really a flashy player but is a workhorse and is a tackling machine.
    2nd.

Stephan Taylor RB Standford - Very quick and elusive back. He dances a little too much behind line for my tastes. Not an overly strong back you can tell he is pure speed back. he is a good pass catcher is alright at protection. I don't see him fitting in the Green Bay scheme but, he should be taken second day.
    2nd-3rd round

Daniel McCullers DT Tennessee - Big guy can man handle the line. looks like he is a strong guy just needs to use it a little more. He is just a hot cold player one play I say him toss his guy out of the way the next that same guy was having his way with McCullers. Has the potential needs a lot of work
    5th-6th
    I love it, thanks for taking the time. I'll make a new list for you soon

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iam brett favre View Post
    I love it, thanks for taking the time. I'll make a new list for you soon
    No problem man I always say the draft is like my Christmas. Plus I only like football and baseball do there are still like 20 days before pitchers and catchers report lol.

And yeah if you think of anyone else just post it and I will take a look
    HaHa Clinton-Dix

Ints:
    TDs:

vCash
    Alec Ogletree ILB Georgia - Has good speed and is a hard hitter a heard announcer say he was a converted safety. His coverage isn't the best but, I think it is adequate for a ILB. He is a very hot and cold player, some plays he is flying around making plays being a star and the next he is jogging around and is just like he is in cruise control. tends to not like to fight off the block also, tends to fall for play fakes and draws, he is a great blitzer when he uses his speed to beat the line but, as I said earlier he don't like to fight off the block so when he is caught he doesn't separate. I also thought that he needs to work on his tackling I cringed when I saw some of the ways he was taking the ball carrier down, if he doesn't work on it he will hurt someone. I think if someone can motivate him and get 100% out of him on every play he could be good in the NFL
    2nd-3rd round.

as for any other ILBs in the 1st or 2nd round in the game films I have watched none of them really wow me. things might change after the predraft stuff but, right now I just see backups.
    Those two things scare me. But someone will take him early purely based off of potential

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wissportsfan View Post
    Those two things scare me. But someone will take him early purely based off of potential
    Who do you like for a third down linebacker? Someone who can cover with maybe some blitzing prowess

Dcup is offline In loving memory..Hawkeye
    vCash
    Maybe one of you guys can make a summation list. I.e., player, position, estimated round, no explanation.
    If I facepalmed any harder I would have cracked my own skull.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Who do you like for a third down linebacker? Someone who can cover with maybe some blitzing prowess
    Ogletree would be fine if he lasts to the 3rd but I don't see that happening. I think he's very good in coverage. He played S before and I can really see it in his game.

Te’o is a good coverage LB too but I don't see us even getting a chance at taking him. He should be a top 20 pick.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast