Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Prospects

vCash

NFL Prospects

I had some extra time recently, so I started watching some player videos and came up with my evaluations of them. I don't have a ton of them right now but, my next free time I will look at more players. These guys are at positions that people say we need. Also I figure that you can move this whenever you want Wis I just didn't want it to get buried in the Draft Thread right away

**Disclaimer**
    This is the views of me and me only. I am not a scout and never claimed to be. I just always love the draft season and love to watch videos of Potential Draft Picks. I will tell you what round I think they will go at this point, things will change when the pre-draft workouts and such happen

John Jenkins DT Georgia - Huge man, seemed to me more of a role player, More of a disruptive force against the run than the pass. Dominates one on one but, struggles a lot with the double team. With his size he should be able to handle the double team better. Needs to show off more of his strength. Like most big guys isn't the fastest out there but, I wonder if losing a little weight would help him out maybe a little too big? Looks a little hesitant to initiate contact waits for the blocker to come at him.
    Scouts and Gms will like his size so I think right now he is 2nd round

Sylvester Williams DT North Carolina - High motor, plays hard, doesn't seem to take plays off. He seemed to struggle a little separating from his blocker might be needs to just work on his strength a little. Good speed for a big guy. Good awareness always seemed to be where the ball was. Could play well as a 3-4 end
    3rd -4th round

Montori Hughes DT University of Tennessee-Martin Didn't find too much on him but, what I did he seemed to be more of a run stopper than pass rusher. Looked really raw but, there definitely is potential there. Closes the gap, but can get pushed out of play. Has good strength.
    6th round

Kawann Short DT Purdue - Plays run well. has good closing speed when rushing the passer. Collapses the pocket well. Needs to get a little lower. Does tend to get a little high and gets caught by the OLine. Once caught has a hard time separating.
    2nd-3rd

Quinton Patton WR Louisiana Tech. Has tremendous hands. Very elusive. Seemed to be the QBs favorite target. Routes looked clean had good separation from the defend. Had great breakaway speed once he caught the ball. Seems to be able to make correction quickly and move to where the ball is. Looking up his states he is a reliable receiver.
    3rd round

Cobi Hamilton WR Arkansas - I really liked what I saw from this kid. Good route runner. Hands were good. More of a stretch the field receiver. Good YAC receiver has the speed to breakaway from defender after catch.
    3rd-4th round

Terrance Williams WR Baylor - Decent Hands. Will drop an occasional pass doesn't always look watch the ball into hands. He has good speed once he makes the catch but, I wonder if he can create separation from the defender to make the catch.
    3rd round

Aaron Dobson WR Marshall - Good size, Haven't found too much on him but, the clip that i did find he had great hand strength made a couple of the most impressive one handed- catches I ever saw. One of them wasn't even a draw the ball into body one hand he literally did an acrobatic snatch the ball out of the air and hold onto it one handed.
    4th round

Marcus Davis WR Virginia Tech - Love his size 6'4 232, great jump ball receiver seems to have breakaway speed. Runs good routes, Tough receiver to bring down. I think if he has a good pre-draft he will be taken higher.
    6th round

Jonathan Franklin RB UCLA - Good speed, Decent Vision, tough runner good size for a RB, strong back not the easiest to bring down. Patients let the play develop then breaks hard into the hole. Could receiving back. Not overly elusive but, can make people miss. Quick feet. In the games that I watched he was hard to bring down in the backfield always gained at least a couple yards.
    3rd-4th round

TJ McDonald FS USC - Can get caught by Play action. Has the ability to make the hit but, I also saw him shy away from the tackle a few times. I worry about his speed some, looked like he had trouble keeping up with some receivers. He played a lot from the OLB position maybe if he bulked up a little more he could transition to linebacker? I think is in the same boat as Taylor Mays was when he came out. Obviously if he puts up good numbers at the Pre-draft workouts he could go higher.
    3rd-4th

Kevin Minter ILB LSU - he is a quick backer. Solid tackler though can miss one once in a while. he can separate from the block. he must have been a basketball player at one time because I love that little spin move he pulls to get away from the block its like super quick that the blocker doesn't know its coming. Is always tracking the ball and is always around it. High motor. Has a neat little fake where he lines up sideways like he is going to drop into coverage than is quick enough to turn back around and rush the passer watched it happen a few times. I think Wis said it too but, he reminds me a lot of Hawk not really a flashy player but is a workhorse and is a tackling machine.
    2nd.

Stephan Taylor RB Standford - Very quick and elusive back. He dances a little too much behind line for my tastes. Not an overly strong back you can tell he is pure speed back. he is a good pass catcher is alright at protection. I don't see him fitting in the Green Bay scheme but, he should be taken second day.
    2nd-3rd round

Daniel McCullers DT Tennessee - Big guy can man handle the line. looks like he is a strong guy just needs to use it a little more. He is just a hot cold player one play I say him toss his guy out of the way the next that same guy was having his way with McCullers. Has the potential needs a lot of work
    5th-6th

Alex Okafor - He is quick, Uses his hands to separate from the block and if he can't get lose is always swatting at the ball whether it be in the air or with the ball carrier. Saw him strip a few balls from QBs. Good strength drives blockers back and can collapse the pocket. High motor. can get caught by the Oline. Seals the edge on runs well. good mix of speed and strength. I thought he looked better standing up than when his hand is in the dirt. You can tell he is more of a pure pass rusher from the OLB position struggles in coverage. Needs to work on his awareness he struggles a bit on play action and delayed handoffs. He really reminds me a lot of Nick Perry except that he uses his hands better where as Perry tries to just use his speed or strength to push the blocker out of the way.
    1st-2nd Round

Xavier Rhodes CB FSU - Solid Tackler, Good man to man and press coverage corner. He plays with attitude he mixed it up with a few receives on the line. Doesn't shy away from a tackle and will deliver quite the hit. He is a shut down corner. I do wonder about his speed he either lines up right on the receiver at the line and jams them to keep up with them or he plays deep and lets the receiver catch up to him. I never really saw him on a dead run so I couldn't say.
    1st-2nd Round
    Last edited by PackerBum9786; 01-17-2013 at 05:54 PM.
    Eddie Lacy

Carries:284
    Yards: 1178
    Yards/Game: 78.5
    Average: 4.1
    Touchdowns: 11
    Catches: 35
    Yards: 257

vCash
    I like Davis a lot.

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    WR is something we could use if Greg does depart, I dont know about need.
    I like Davis as well, I would love another big guy for Arodg to toss the ball to.
    I am all for taking a WR as long as it isn't one of our top picks.

[Packers/Lakers Lover]

"If Rodgers were even just simply as good as Brady or Manning in the playoffs, his team would almost never win. Instead, what we've seen is a super hero act."
    -Peter Bukowski

vCash
    PackerBum what do you think of the guys I had in my mock?
    (McDonald...Minter...Taylor...Jackson...Pryor...Re ynolds)

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    I haven't really had the chance to look at them yet, This was just something I was able to do the other day and I was grabbing some names off of a list of prospects from a website. Maybe this weekend I will be able to sit down and go through more guys so I will take a look at them.
    Eddie Lacy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by XJW18 View Post
    WR is something we could use if Greg does depart, I dont know about need.
    I like Davis as well, I would love another big guy for Arodg to toss the ball to.
    I am all for taking a WR as long as it isn't one of our top picks.
    I was going off what I have read some so called "experts" have said we needed plus I think we lose both Jennings and Driver. Boykin I think will need more time so he won't be more than a 5-6th receiver and special teams player so that leaves Nelson, Cobb,Jones we need someone for the number 4 spot and that is why I have been looking at mid to late round guys.
    Eddie Lacy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    I was going off what I have read some so called "experts" have said we needed plus I think we lose both Jennings and Driver. Boykin I think will need more time so he won't be more than a 5-6th receiver and special teams player so that leaves Nelson, Cobb,Jones we need someone for the number 4 spot and that is why I have been looking at mid to late round guys.
    Ya i liked the guys u had on your list, I completely forgot about DD..

[Packers/Lakers Lover]

"If Rodgers were even just simply as good as Brady or Manning in the playoffs, his team would almost never win. Instead, what we've seen is a super hero act."
    -Peter Bukowski

vCash
    id like to see us just sign a FA this year and maybe grab sammy watkins from clemson next year if he comes out he had an awesome freshman year but had a sph slump i guess you could call it but was still a decent wr! I could see him slipping to latter rounds if he doesnt have another year like his freshman year but i think he'd be a good fit with a-rod
    This thread right here is why i stay out of the nba main forum on psd lol
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...am-for-melo:D;)

vCash
    yeah ,, thats extra time... good stuff.

vCash
    we need to keep jennings..... draft a real OL in the first... we soo need a safety that can be agresive and tackle.. Id take a young atari bigby right now. there is no fear of our dbs.. remember the days of al harris, bigby, collins, and wood??? id rather see more flags than losses ........ go get fluker... and barner and grab "NUK" Hopkins while your there!! Im soooo disappointed in MM... he blew this year.. its all on him... he had the talent.. you could see it in the players faces that somethings amiss....... sorry, had to vent... BRING BACK COLLNS!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBacker21 View Post
    we need to keep jennings..... draft a real OL in the first... we soo need a safety that can be agresive and tackle.. Id take a young atari bigby right now. there is no fear of our dbs.. remember the days of al harris, bigby, collins, and wood??? id rather see more flags than losses ........ go get fluker... and barner and grab "NUK" Hopkins while your there!! Im soooo disappointed in MM... he blew this year.. its all on him... he had the talent.. you could see it in the players faces that somethings amiss....... sorry, had to vent... BRING BACK COLLNS!!
    I doubt we go OL in the first unless some stud lineman that you can't pass up drops to us. Sherrod should be back healthy Barclay will have another year under his belt EDS will probably be starting center with another guy taken mid to late round. I agree we need that big hitter db I just haven't went through and looked at DBs yet. I would be all for re-signing Jennings but only for the right price. I also really hope Collins would be able to come back but, who knows it was a bad injury .
    Eddie Lacy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iam brett favre View Post
    PackerBum what do you think of the guys I had in my mock?
    (McDonald...Minter...Taylor...Jackson...Pryor...Re ynolds)
    Alright man I went a head and did a quick overview of some of these guys. I really couldn't find much on Jackson Pryor or Reynolds but I did the other three and I have what I saw from them.

TJ McDonald FS USC - Can get caught by Play action. Has the ability to make the hit but, I also saw him shy away from the tackle a few times. I worry about his speed some, looked like he had trouble keeping up with some receivers. He played a lot from the OLB position maybe if he bulked up a little more he could transition to linebacker? I think is in the same boat as Taylor Mays was when he came out. Obviously if he puts up good numbers at the Pre-draft workouts he could go higher.
    3rd-4th

Kevin Minter ILB LSU - he is a quick backer. Solid tackler though can miss one once in a while. he can separate from the block. he must have been a basketball player at one time because I love that little spin move he pulls to get away from the block its like super quick that the blocker doesn't know its coming. Is always tracking the ball and is always around it. High motor. Has a neat little fake where he lines up sideways like he is going to drop into coverage than is quick enough to turn back around and rush the passer watched it happen a few times. I think Wis said it too but, he reminds me a lot of Hawk not really a flashy player but is a workhorse and is a tackling machine.
    2nd.

Stephan Taylor RB Standford - Very quick and elusive back. He dances a little too much behind line for my tastes. Not an overly strong back you can tell he is pure speed back. he is a good pass catcher is alright at protection. I don't see him fitting in the Green Bay scheme but, he should be taken second day.
    2nd-3rd round

Daniel McCullers DT Tennessee - Big guy can man handle the line. looks like he is a strong guy just needs to use it a little more. He is just a hot cold player one play I say him toss his guy out of the way the next that same guy was having his way with McCullers. Has the potential needs a lot of work
    5th-6th
    Eddie Lacy

vCash
    Real good stuff PB. I hope to see more. We got a lot of similar stuff in our grades.

Only guy that I have a fairly different grade on is Taylor. I got a 4th round grade on him. I realize that's pretty low but I don't see him more than a receiving/blocking back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wissportsfan View Post
    Real good stuff PB. I hope to see more. We got a lot of similar stuff in our grades.

Only guy that I have a fairly different grade on is Taylor. I got a 4th round grade on him. I realize that's pretty low but I don't see him more than a receiving/blocking back.
    He is a receiving/blocking back but he is fast I think because of how fast he is someone is gonna take a flier on him early on.

Also if anyone has any requests I would be more than happy to look at players when I get time to just let me know
    Eddie Lacy

vCash
    Xavier Rhodes and Alex Okafor

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast