Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Another possible good name to throw in the mix may be the current DC of the Bears, Rod Marinelli who appears isn't under contract for next year at this time. If my information is incorrect, he still may be let go because Marc Trestman may want to bring in his own coaching staff...
    Last edited by PDT4LIFE; 01-17-2013 at 09:47 AM.

1980 & 2008 World Series Champs

vCash
    listen im not blasting im just saying its hard to see 1 college coach be successful rather 2 pretty much leading both sides of the ball, esp after we may be switching to a 3-4 man o man....

i have confident as a fan but just question choices...

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    Didn't harbaugh bring in an all college staff?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    listen im not blasting im just saying its hard to see 1 college coach be successful rather 2 pretty much leading both sides of the ball, esp after we may be switching to a 3-4 man o man....

i have confident as a fan but just question choices...
    I agree completely with ya here...

With the roster we have, we can't afford " an adjustment period"...

Especially with a collegiate defensive coordinator and changing schemes, there is going to be growing pains...

this roster is built to we win with the right staff... I hope they are finding that staff...

vCash
    ^Did we watch the same team last year? I'm really not sure how the current roster is built to win right now.

Also, for what it's worth, Grantham has more NFL experience as a DC than he does as a college DC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by k_dol50 View Post
    Rumor is that if Arizona hires Arians, Horton is out at DC.
    http://arizonasports.com/40/1602542/...-IN-HORTON-OUT
    Any takers?
    Game changer.

FIRE ME!

“I don’t do five year plans — other organizations do, I guess.” - Ruben Amaro Jr

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by k_dol50 View Post
    Rumor is that if Arizona hires Arians, Horton is out at DC.
    http://arizonasports.com/40/1602542/...-IN-HORTON-OUT
    Any takers?
    Would be the best move hands down as far as 3-4 guys go.

vCash
    If Ray Horton is available, Howie needs to wave the magic wand and bring him in. He's perfect for Chip's personality. He would be comfortable enough running the defense as a whole with Chip leaving him on his own in game situations.

FIRE ME!

“I don’t do five year plans — other organizations do, I guess.” - Ruben Amaro Jr

vCash
    yeah...if you want a 3-4 guy you get HORTON for sure.....he did some great things with only a few key pieces..

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    PLEASE Rod Marinelli.
    SPACE

vCash
    I would imagine it will be someone that Kelly knows.Probably why all the rumors about the Georgia DC being mentioned.Personally I would prefer someone with NFL experience,quite a bit of it in fact.

vCash
    UPDATE

According to Eskin, both Todd Grantham(Georgia DC) and Kirby Smart(Alabama DC) will be interviewing for the DC position.

Also, Chip has hired his former DLine coach at Oregon Jerry Azzinaro as the Eagles DLine coach. Also, he is bringing three graduate assistants from Oregon whom all(apparently) have a lot of promise(as position coaches) as quality control coaches on the Eagles staff.

FIRE ME!

vCash

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Illa215 View Post
    UPDATE

According to Eskin, both Todd Grantham(Georgia DC) and Kirby Smart(Alabama DC) will be interviewing for the DC position.

Also, Chip has hired his former DLine coach at Oregon Jerry Azzinaro as the Eagles DLine coach. Also, he is bringing three graduate assistants from Oregon whom all(apparently) have a lot of promise(as position coaches) as quality control coaches on the Eagles staff.
    I dont like what I'm hearing so far. I wasn't opposed to the Kelly hiring at first, but I'm already starting to dislike it. He's bringing in coaches he knows from Oregon that have no real expirence. I haven't heard one NFL name thrown around Kelly so far. All of them are college guys. This is an NFL team, not a college team. Im all for giving deserving guys a chance, but dont force the issue Chip! Make good hires, or they will be your downfall. Ask Andy Reid, he'll tell you all about how hiring friends out for you :facepalm:

vCash
    I really don't want to switch to a 3-4 but if thats what they decide to do I like the dude in Arizona. Did Jim Johnson have any kids or anything that we could hire?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by weststar11 View Post
    I dont like what I'm hearing so far. I wasn't opposed to the Kelly hiring at first, but I'm already starting to dislike it. He's bringing in coaches he knows from Oregon that have no real expirence. I haven't heard one NFL name thrown around Kelly so far. All of them are college guys. This is an NFL team, not a college team. Im all for giving deserving guys a chance, but dont force the issue Chip! Make good hires, or they will be your downfall. Ask Andy Reid, he'll tell you all about how hiring friends out for you
    Dude, he has hired 4 people, 3 of whom are quality control coaches. Lets back up and give him time to get his staff togather. Even more important than hiring a bunch if NFL experience (which I'm sure he will being in) is hiring the best coaches available.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast