Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
Results 346 to 352 of 352
  1. #346
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    9,337
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    anyone notice every time gray starts the opposing big men just put up big games he needs to be buried deep on the bench.
    ya, i noticed the 5 minutes he played.

    Come on - seriously? he was the reason why opposing bigs have played great games against the Raps?

    he doesn't play a lot of minutes. just blame the fact we don't have great big men who can guard bigger players.



  2. #347
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,042
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    I'm not sure about opposing bigs having good games against him, but I do know he hurts us defensively and offensively. His help D is on par with Bargnani's and he has a terrible touch around the basket. The only time we should be playing him is against really strong/slow bigs but there aren't too many of them around anymore. Last night you could immediately see the defensive intensity pick up as soon as Gray went to the bench, he is just to big and slow.
    I agree with your assessment. I shoulds say that I've enjoy his man to man defense at times. Even though Lopez had a strong game against us, he forced Lopez into a couple tough misses early. I can see where the asset of his size and post defense comes into play. It is a shame he struggles in so many other areas.

  3. #348
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    9,337
    vCash
    1500
    They have to go 27-16 to be at an even .500 record. Probably good for 8th seed.

    yea... safe to say they aren't making the playoffs.



  4. #349
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8,151
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    ya, i noticed the 5 minutes he played.

    Come on - seriously? he was the reason why opposing bigs have played great games against the Raps?

    he doesn't play a lot of minutes. just blame the fact we don't have great big men who can guard bigger players.
    im talking about the way he gets them going by the time he comes off the player has so much confidence they just go off. he just sets them up for big games
    Last edited by bucketss; 01-17-2013 at 10:42 PM.

  5. #350
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    9,337
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    im talking about the way he gets them going by the time he comes off the player has so much confidence they just go off. he just sets them up for big games
    well then, its the team's fault for letting the opposing big continue to dominate. I don't see how 5 minutes can let a decent big go off for the entire game. Gray's backup must not be better... lol

    i'm just playing with ya. Our bigs are too small. we need JVal back pronto.



  6. #351
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    49,914
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    im talking about the way he gets them going by the time he comes off the player has so much confidence they just go off. he just sets them up for big games
    I disagree. I think he does the opposite with his man-to-man defense. He doesn't give them easy baskets and fouls them. It is the bench that lets some of these guys go off.

  7. #352
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Toronto/Brooklyn
    Posts
    11,721
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    I disagree. I think he does the opposite with his man-to-man defense. He doesn't give them easy baskets and fouls them. It is the bench that lets some of these guys go off.
    This. If Gray gets beat, he normally fouls pretty hard. It's our bench bigs that let them go off (e.g. Demarcus)
    \

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •