Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poodski View Post
    Well what do you want him to do? Oh about her yeah she didn't exist. I believe that ND paid someone or did something to keep this from coming out before the national title game. That I do believe.

As far as Manti, I am not pretty confident that he was duped.

We all know people make up stories of how they met someone online. I think it got out that he knew about this and it took a turn, and before long Te'o realized that he didnt want to look like a fool for having a girlfriend online because well there is a stigma to it. No one wants to admit they met someone online and now why would he want to come out and say this to people. "Oh yeah she was my GF for like 3 years, but I never actually met her." Why would he say that?

Now we got this FB, so maybe he did actually meet her? I don't know. The more I hear the more I think it was someone duping him. ND would not have backed him like this if they didn't believe him because ND could just say **** him he doesn't play here anymore.
    I direct you to this article

Swarbrick revealed that a private outside firm had been hired to investigate just who had perpetrated this “cruel game.” The athletic director even cried. His behavior only raises more important questions than anything Te’o will face tomorrow. Why hasn’t there been any kind of privately funded, outside investigation into the alleged sexual assaults committed by members of the football team? Why was there no private, outside investigation into Coach Brian Kelly’s role in the death of team videographer Declan Sullivan? It says so much that Te’o’s bizarre soap opera has moved Swarbrick to openly weeping but he hasn’t spared one tear, let alone held one press conference, for Lizzy Seeberg, the young woman who took her own life after coming forward with allegations that a member of the team sexually assaulted her. Swarbrick’s press conference displayed that the problem at Notre Dame is not just football players without a compass; it’s the adults without a conscience. Their credo isn’t any kind of desire for truth or justice. Instead it seems to be little more than a constant effort to protect the Fighting Irish brand, no matter who gets hurt.
    http://www.thenation.com/blog/172268/crying-manti-teo#

Any college program would likely have done the same thing. They're all scumbags.

Just hope people can finally see through the ******** Notre Dame presents with their holier than thou perception.

They're the same as Alabama, USC, Ohio State, etc......
    Last edited by 1-800-STFU; 01-17-2013 at 09:18 AM.

vCash
    Notre Dame 2012: Catholics vs. Catfish

coming to a theater near you...
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    is this a "coverup" because manti teo is gay?

just a thought I saw on another forum

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-800-STFU View Post

Swarbrick revealed that a private outside firm had been hired to investigate just who had perpetrated this “cruel game.” The athletic director even cried. His behavior only raises more important questions than anything Te’o will face tomorrow. Why hasn’t there been any kind of privately funded, outside investigation into the alleged sexual assaults committed by members of the football team? Why was there no private, outside investigation into Coach Brian Kelly’s role in the death of team videographer Declan Sullivan? It says so much that Te’o’s bizarre soap opera has moved Swarbrick to openly weeping but he hasn’t spared one tear, let alone held one press conference, for Lizzy Seeberg, the young woman who took her own life after coming forward with allegations that a member of the team sexually assaulted her. Swarbrick’s press conference displayed that the problem at Notre Dame is not just football players without a compass; it’s the adults without a conscience. Their credo isn’t any kind of desire for truth or justice. Instead it seems to be little more than a constant effort to protect the Fighting Irish brand, no matter who gets hurt.

Any college program would likely have done the same thing. They're all scumbags.

Just hope people can finally see through the ******** Notre Dame presents with their holier than thou perception.

What? Notre Dame had an investigation done on Declan Sullivan that IIRC the media reported cost like $500k. It was like 100 pages and wind testing and all these experts on weather and scissor lifts and computer forensics to see when coaches and staff had checked weather reports ect. The Lizzy Seaburg case was handled by the school police and then turned over to the county. There was even a federal inquiry at one point. It was one player not players who was accused of inappropriate touching, which of course he said he didn't do or was consensual.

I don't know much about the nation but that is a lame accusation. Check a few facts before you write an article.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    Notre Dame 2012: Catholics vs. Catfish

coming to a theater near you...
    I keep thinking about this. I wonder if the people behind this video tapped the whole thing and might release it?

vCash
    they got worse news after that. they just found out alabama scored again.............

seriosuly my gues sis one of the following two things happened:

1) this was a hoax, and once he found out she wasn't real he made up the meetings because he was embarassed and it just got out of hand.

2) he was covering up a reason why he wasn't chasing girls all around campus, whether it was due to him being gay or his morman religion which is massively anti pre-marrigae sex, and he had to write her off when his grandmothers death started getting national attention.

either way i have a hard time seeing other motives behind it. it can't be for the heisman, as this came out week 3 before he was a legit candidate and before ND was in the title picture. its a sad story, but i think teo is at least partially a vicitim here in some way and this wasn't a malicous lie for no reason
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry34 View Post
    I keep thinking about this. I wonder if the people behind this video tapped the whole thing and might release it?
    that would be incredible
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-800-STFU View Post

I disagree with this to an extent. If you don't think I watched the press conference live then you are wrong. I also think Swarbrick is a skeezebag, but for personal reasons I can't post why I think this online. While I do not like Swarbrick in the slightest and think he is a complete piece of ****, I do honestly believe him.

Notre Dame has NOTHING to gain from supporting Manti. None. If he was a Sophomore with years to play on the team, sure I could see this. Notre Dame could have simply just said nope not touching this. He could have made it a 5 minutes press conference taken no questions, and gone about their business and let Manti simply hang himself when he talks today. He could have gotten up and said we are terribly saddened to hear about this, but we feel this is a private matter with one of our students, and he can explain the details when he feels that is neccesary. We have conducted a private investigation, but the results of this have not been finalized, and we will keep those findings in house and private and unless a criminal investigation is launched this will conclude our involvement.

ND did nothing wrong with all of this. Should they have asked more questions? Probably, but shouldn't we all? I mean in retrospect how does it take 4 months for someone to figure this **** out?

As far as Lizzy Seaberg and Declan Sullivan I somehwat agree, but again I think those were criminal situations where an actual death happened. Those types of things should be left up to the authorities, and who is to say that there wasn't a private firm especially in the case of Seaberg. Notre Dame did do a private report in the case of Sullivan. Notre Dame does not have to say what they did or what was found. The Seaberg one is very troubling and believe me that was brought up last night by many in the area, and the fact that he cried over a hoax and a fake dead girlfriend and not over something like Seaberg is a bit unnerving and one of the reason I do not like Swarbrick, but in his defense he does know Te'o very well, and did not know the St Marys girl.

Notre Dame does sit on a pedestal and are almost untouchable, but we have no one to blame but ourselves for that.
    Last edited by poodski; 01-17-2013 at 10:51 AM.

vCash
    On the rape thing yea that was mishandled but it also is suspect if she was raped and how bi polar she was and we'll never know. But people saying ND covered it up and lambasting them is fair game to me.

On the Sullivan tragedy. They did have a private investigation. THEY ALSO HAD THE BIGGEST OF ALL INVESTIGATIONS OSHA. You don't believe they werne't investigated. They were and they were fined! So this oh ND was able to sweep it under the rug is BS. Heck they even settled with Sulliven's family who also is so over it (well as much as you can be when you lose a family member) that they come to SB go to games, and I believe went to the national championship game! Any talk of saying ND covered it up is false and wrong.

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    Looking at the faces of the brain dead subway alumni this morning is almost as much fun as at was last Tuesday

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    2) he was covering up a reason why he wasn't chasing girls all around campus, whether it was due to him being gay or his morman religion which is massively anti pre-marrigae sex, and he had to write her off when his grandmothers death started getting national attention.
    Here is the thing though. He was chasing girls all over campus. Many local people have seen him out with girls or know stories of him with girls. Hell I know people that know his current girlfriend.

This whole thing struck me as very odd from the get go with the girlfriend since a lot of people knew he was around all the time with girls.

Here is how I see it going down.

He met this "girl" online.

They became close friends.

They became a little more than that.

They made up a story of how they met, and since she "went" to Stanford and he played a game there it fit.

His Grandma died.

The hoaxers saw this as the perfect time to finalize this, and said she died. I am sure they were planning this for a while because I believe his grandma was sick so I am sure this was weaved in and a way to finally end this thing.

He was upset (understandably).

The hoaxers used this as a way to keep Te'o worried about his grandma and sneakily end this thing burying her on a Saturday, to make sure it was a game that he could not attend.

It broke out nationally.

(This is where I think Te'o ****ed up)

He went with it and garnished national attention. People were probably telling him to play it up as a ploy for the Heisman. Don't say it was online. Don't say much just keep it vague (which to me he did).

Then all hell broke loose yesterday.

I don't believe Te'o knew she wasn't real, but I also think he is no saint. I think he played it up for the Heisman or more attention I fully believe that, but until he got that phone call I think he thought she was real.

I think he made it worse on himself by embellishing it a bit, but he thought she was real so why would he not?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poodski View Post
    Here is the thing though. He was chasing girls all over campus. Many local people have seen him out with girls or know stories of him with girls. Hell I know people that know his current girlfriend.

This whole thing struck me as very odd from the get go with the girlfriend since a lot of people knew he was around all the time with girls.

Here is how I see it going down.

He met this "girl" online.

They became close friends.

They became a little more than that.

They made up a story of how they met, and since she "went" to Stanford and he played a game there it fit.

His Grandma died.

The hoaxers saw this as the perfect time to finalize this, and said she died. I am sure they were planning this for a while because I believe his grandma was sick so I am sure this was weaved in and a way to finally end this thing.

He was upset (understandably).

The hoaxers used this as a way to keep Te'o worried about his grandma and sneakily end this thing burying her on a Saturday, to make sure it was a game that he could not attend.

It broke out nationally.

(This is where I think Te'o ****ed up)

He went with it and garnished national attention. People were probably telling him to play it up as a ploy for the Heisman. Don't say it was online. Don't say much just keep it vague (which to me he did).

Then all hell broke loose yesterday.

I don't believe Te'o knew she wasn't real, but I also think he is no saint. I think he played it up for the Heisman or more attention I fully believe that, but until he got that phone call I think he thought she was real.

I think he made it worse on himself by embellishing it a bit, but he thought she was real so why would he not?
    I agree on a lot of this Po. I'm with you but questions that should be asked are

You didn't send flowers? Where did you send them?

Who doesn't get a copy of the death announcement?

I have one from both my grandma's and my aunt who tragically died. Remember a few years ago, you were at the funeral home. I have all that stuff. Those kinds of things need to be answered. You simply don't end it welp she died time to go intercept denard.

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    I agree on a lot of this Po. I'm with you but questions that should be asked are

I have one from both my grandma's and my aunt who tragically died. Remember a few years ago, you were at the funeral home. I have all that stuff. Those kinds of things need to be answered. You simply don't end it welp she died time to go intercept denard.
    Swarbrick said that there was a place to send flowers to and donations (not surprisingly).

I thought it was weird when I first heard this story just because you think there would have been an announcement that Teo's girlfriend was sick a few months before her death? I remember thinking it just seemed out of left field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post

I agree on the death announcement. I have my grandpa's still in my car with me at all times.

As far as flowers who is to say he didnt? That wouldn't have been that hard.

The death announcement is a HUGE loophole though I will give you that.

vCash
    Why did the ESPN interview get cancelled?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast