Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    This goes beyond just exaggerating or making up how they met because it was online. Furthermore, he was still doing interviews about her leading up to the NC even though he supposedly found out on December 26th that he was a "victim" of a hoax? Come on guys, you're smarter than this.
    I'm not sure what he said in interviews after the 26th because I'm sure he was asked about it. But also what do you say? "Oh yeah about that, my girlfriend wasnt actually real?" Whole thing was probably pretty surreal for him.

There was a taped interview played before the title game which looked like it was done in the ND locker room. That could have been taped anytime after the end of the regular season.

I think Teo got played bad. When the media asked him about it he didn't want to look like a loser, so he says he met her in person and they hung out randomly. It's not that far fetched.

vCash
    ND player who knew about it:
    http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/...ia-blew-it-up/

NFL FB that says she's real:

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/...-have-met-her/

This is too great

vCash
    she was real?
    say what?

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/...-have-met-her/

Lennay Kekua – Manti Te’o's Fake, Dead Girlfriend – Was Real, Says Arizona Cardinals Fullback Reagan Mauia, Who Claims to Have Met Her

Reagan Mauia, a fullback on the Arizona Cardinals, has added another layer to the impossible-to-believe Manti Te’o fake girlfriend/hoax story. He talked to ESPN:

“This was before her and Manti,” Mauia said Wednesday evening. “I don’t think Manti was even in the picture, but she and I became good friends. We would talk off and on, just checking up on each other kind of thing. I am close to her family. When she was going through the loss of her father, I was — I offered a comforting shoulder and just someone to bounce her emotions off. That was just from meeting her in Samoa.”

Mauia said Tuiasosopo — whom Mauia believes is Kekua’s cousin — introduced the two. After the initial meeting, Mauia said he met her at an “after-party” for all of the athletes involved in the camp.

“She was tall,” he said. “Volleyball-type of physique. She was athletic, tall, beautiful. Long hair. Polynesian. She looked like a model … ”

He said it is his understanding that Kekua’s mother is operating her Twitter account. He said he’d never met her mother. When told by a reporter that she apparently might not have existed, Mauia said “No, she is real.”

What.
    The.
    Hell.

So she’s real? Or was real? And died? How?

Notre Dame says Te’o was duped. Te’o said he’s been the subject of an elaborate hoax. Notre Dame AD Jack Swarbrick has put his reputation on the line and gone on TV to say Te’o was duped. Deadspin searched far and wide and found no mention of her, ever.

Which leaves us … who knows where.

vCash
    there is probably still a lot more to come out, this has just begun.
    this is like a soap opera.

vCash
    This is awesome. Anyone remember that one story about some girl who ended up getting a job with ESPN, but she was fake the entire time? I think it was last summer.
    This is just as good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I can't really explain this right now, but I want to wait for more details. I think there is still information that we don't know.

this was Manti's statement.

maybe when he met "this girl" it was someone pretending to be this girl who was part of the hoax all along. "they" could have had a girl who looked like the picture. only picture I've seen was the one from google image search. if she was Hawaiian I don't think it would be hard to find another Hawaiian who looked similar.
    That just seems kind of elaborate. And if you notice in his statement he says "online and phone". Doesn't say anything about being duped in person

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry34 View Post
    I'm not sure what he said in interviews after the 26th because I'm sure he was asked about it. But also what do you say? "Oh yeah about that, my girlfriend wasnt actually real?" Whole thing was probably pretty surreal for him.

There was a taped interview played before the title game which looked like it was done in the ND locker room. That could have been taped anytime after the end of the regular season.

I think Teo got played bad. When the media asked him about it he didn't want to look like a loser, so he says he met her in person and they hung out randomly. It's not that far fetched.
    He was definitely perpetuating it. He could have declined comment. No one would have blamed him not wanting to re-hash that "emotional" (lol) part of his life while he was prepping for the NC. The fact of the matter is, he knew she was fake, and milked it for all it was worth. This was a publicity stunt for Manti Te'o, nothing more and nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by croce_99 View Post
    This is awesome. Anyone remember that one story about some girl who ended up getting a job with ESPN, but she was fake the entire time? I think it was last summer.
    This is just as good.
    This is way deeper than that. Now with Reagan Mauia saying she was real...holy ****. Who even knows.
    On Cam Newton:

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    The Notre Dame AD sounded like an absolute fool during his press conference today. Do these people just think we are going to disregard the written/taped statements from Te'o and his family about meeting this "girlfriend" numerous times?

Te'o was in on it. Maybe not from the very beginning but if you think he is completely innocent here, then you are out of your mind.

-I said this in another thread (one of the 17 te'o threads that are currently on PSD) but I can only imagine the meeting going on right now between Te'o, his father, his agent, and the Notre Dame higher ups...

"maybe, when we wake up tomorrow, everyone will have just forgot about it"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J4KOP99 View Post
    The Notre Dame AD sounded like an absolute fool during his press conference today. Do these people just think we are going to disregard the written/taped statements from Te'o and his family about meeting this "girlfriend" numerous times?

Te'o was in on it. Maybe not from the very beginning but if you think he is completely innocent here, then you are out of your mind.

-I said this in another thread (one of the 17 te'o threads that are currently on PSD) but I can only imagine the meeting going on right now between Te'o, his father, his agent, and the Notre Dame higher ups...

"maybe, when we wake up tomorrow, everyone will have just forgot about it"
    Teo's father said in an interview that they never met her. Swarbrick said that a couple of "meetings" would get cancelled last minute. Teo obviously lied about meeting her in person and exaggerated it to make it look like more than an online relationship.

But yeah I agree nobody will forget about this anytime soon. It's too good a story for it to end up just being Manti getting duped.

vCash
    Yeah I remember that as well. It turned out to actually be a guy posing as a hot girl to get the job or something along those lines right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Yeah I remember that as well. It turned out to actually be a guy posing as a hot girl to get the job or something along those lines right?
    I'm pretty sure it was a girl, she just wasn't who she said she was.
    On Cam Newton:

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoney85 View Post
    are we even sure manti teo exists?.... I didn't see him in the championship game
    Cheesy but still great.

Even better

I've been following sports for about a billion years and I can't think of a bigger WTF news release.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish1314 View Post
    Cheesy but still great.

Even better

I've been following sports for about a billion years and I can't think of a bigger WTF news release.
    You have about the greatest name for this story.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    This goes beyond just exaggerating or making up how they met because it was online. Furthermore, he was still doing interviews about her leading up to the NC even though he supposedly found out on December 26th that he was a "victim" of a hoax? Come on guys, you're smarter than this.
    Well what do you want him to do? Oh about her yeah she didn't exist. I believe that ND paid someone or did something to keep this from coming out before the national title game. That I do believe.

As far as Manti, I am not pretty confident that he was duped.

We all know people make up stories of how they met someone online. I think it got out that he knew about this and it took a turn, and before long Te'o realized that he didnt want to look like a fool for having a girlfriend online because well there is a stigma to it. No one wants to admit they met someone online and now why would he want to come out and say this to people. "Oh yeah she was my GF for like 3 years, but I never actually met her." Why would he say that?

Now we got this FB, so maybe he did actually meet her? I don't know. The more I hear the more I think it was someone duping him. ND would not have backed him like this if they didn't believe him because ND could just say **** him he doesn't play here anymore.

vCash
    it's stories like this that make me wish i was still in journalism, rather than law school...

when will people, especially public personae, realize that EVERYTHING eventually gets out?!?!
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast