Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    www.ledger-enquirer.com/2013/0...d-hoax-top.html

1. "About this Te'o story. Who makes up a dead girlfriend other than George Castanza?" (@chrisrose)

2. "No judgement right now on Te'o story...but watch the show Catfish..this could've happened.." (@erinandrews)

3. "Brent Musberger hasn't seen Te'o's girlfriend either, but he is assured, real or fake, that she is smokin.'" (@ballsdotie)

4. "Manti Te'o might see his draft prospects drop but he should probably be No. 1 in the fantasy draft. (@DanMacEachern)

5. "Manti Te'o's life is like the movie "Ghost" if you replace the pottery with football and the ghost with pathologically lying about loss." (@agentbizzle)

6. "Imma let you finish, Lance, but Manti Te'o had one of the best sports-related hoaxes of all time. OF ALL TIME!" (@JBrodkin)

7. "Has Darnell Dockett started hitting on Te'o's fake girlfriend via Twitter yet?" (@sportspickle)

8. "Reports are swirling that Manti Te'o also doesn't exist after the inability to locate him in the BCS Championship Game." (@EvilMikeTomlin)

9. "These Te'o jokes are all very funny but let's all try and remember that a person who never existed is dead." (@sethmeyers21)

10. "The Te'o story had to shatter every record for time people wasted trying to come up w/ their reaction tweet. This one took almost 4 minutes." (@SportsLawGuy)

vCash
    Press conference can be streamed here:

http://www.csnchicago.com/pages/live

vCash
    There is a theory that Te'o could be gay but doesn't want to come out because of his religion.

"Soft-spoken sweet-smelling Sansa, who loved silks, songs, chivalry and tall gallant knights with handsome faces."

vCash
    it should be mentioned that he is Mormon. for whatever that's worth.

maybe I'm naive, but I want to believe that he had no part in this and was just fooled. I'm going to need more information before I can believe anything else.

Velvet Sky. hottest woman in wrestling

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    it should be mentioned that he is Mormon. for whatever that's worth.

maybe I'm naive, but I want to believe that he had no part in this and was just fooled. I'm going to need more information before I can believe anything else.
    Uhh, did you read the actual story? He was so fooled that he completely made up a story about meeting her at Stanford, meeting up with her in Hawai'i, etc? If so, he needs to be committed to a mental institution ASAP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    There is a theory that Te'o could be gay but doesn't want to come out because of his religion.
    I don't believe he is gay in the slightest.

vCash
    I can't really explain this right now, but I want to wait for more details. I think there is still information that we don't know.

this was Manti's statement.
    "This is incredibly embarrassing to talk about, but over an extended period of time, I developed an emotional relationship with a woman I met online. We maintained what I thought to be an authentic relationship by communicating frequently online and on the phone, and I grew to care deeply about her. "To realize that I was the victim of what was apparently someone's sick joke and constant lies was, and is, painful and humiliating. "It further pains me that the grief I felt and the sympathies expressed to me at the time of my grandmother's death in September were in any way deepened by what I believed to be another significant loss in my life. "I am enormously grateful for the support of my family, friends and Notre Dame fans throughout this year. To think that I shared with them my happiness about my relationship and details that I thought to be true about her just makes me sick. I hope that people can understand how trying and confusing this whole experience has been. "In retrospect, I obviously should have been much more cautious. If anything good comes of this, I hope it is that others will be far more guarded when they engage with people online than I was. "Fortunately, I have many wonderful things in my life, and I'm looking forward to putting this painful experience behind me as I focus on preparing for the NFL Draft."
    maybe when he met "this girl" it was someone pretending to be this girl who was part of the hoax all along. "they" could have had a girl who looked like the picture. only picture I've seen was the one from google image search. if she was Hawaiian I don't think it would be hard to find another Hawaiian who looked similar.

Velvet Sky. hottest woman in wrestling

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poodski View Post
    I don't believe he is gay in the slightest.
    I'd much rather believe he's gay that just a terrible ****ing person haha

"Soft-spoken sweet-smelling Sansa, who loved silks, songs, chivalry and tall gallant knights with handsome faces."

vCash
    he following is a list of organizations and people who, to varying degrees of incompletion, never bothered to check to see if Manti Te'o's girlfriend was real.

1. Us.

2. You (Jack Dickey and Timothy Burke excepted)

3. Sports Illustrated.

4. ESPN

5. The South Bend Tribune

6. Bleacher Report

7. The Chicago Tribune

8. The Chicago Sun-Times

9. The Sporting News

10. USA Today

11. The Boston Globe

12. CBS Sports

13. The New York Post

14. NBC Sports/Notre Dame

15. Yahoo

16. The Associated Press

17. The Palm Beach Post

18. The Miami Herald

19. The Tampa Bay Times

20. Grantland

21. The Los Angeles Times
    http://www.sbnation.com/2013/1/16/38...p-lennay-kekua

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Uhh, did you read the actual story? He was so fooled that he completely made up a story about meeting her at Stanford, meeting up with her in Hawai'i, etc? If so, he needs to be committed to a mental institution ASAP.
    Right because he's the first person to ever exaggerate a relationship with a girl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry34 View Post
    Right because he's the first person to ever exaggerate a relationship with a girl.
    Or make up how they met them because it was online.

vCash
    Apparently ESPN has known about this for the last 10 days but couldn't confirm.

vCash
    never was fan of him, overrated also.

vCash
    There are more holes in this story than Notre Dames defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry34 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by poodski View Post
    Or make up how they met them because it was online.
    This goes beyond just exaggerating or making up how they met because it was online. Furthermore, he was still doing interviews about her leading up to the NC even though he supposedly found out on December 26th that he was a "victim" of a hoax? Come on guys, you're smarter than this.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast