Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

A Rod surgery went well but.....

There were 3 major issues involving the surgery of Alex's hip....

The torn labrum and impingement were corrected but nothing was ever said about the cartilage damage that was deep in the hip......And this is permanent damage according to the article...

But the main thing is that there were no complications....

The Dr said it would be nice if he could be ready in 6 months or sooner but it could be longer as well.......

Sometime in June we will see how the rehab is and by then we will know if he is playing at full strength in 2013....

Personally, I'd rather him miss the season and get fully healed and ready for 2014.....

Hopefully they talk more about the cartilage damage......
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 01-16-2013 at 06:05 PM.
    Nick(mush)

vCash
    Let him miss the entire season and start collecting insurance on his albatross of a contract.

There is no way he should see the field when this is the Yankees one chance to actually benefit from his bad contract

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekJeterDan View Post
    Let him miss the entire season and start collecting insurance on his albatross of a contract.

There is no way he should see the field when this is the Yankees one chance to actually benefit from his bad contract

How about he fully recovers and gives the team a power source....I hope we see 30 homers again....
    Nick(mush)

vCash
    I thought he'd have to retire due to the injury in order to collect insurance.
    Regardless, I agree that he should miss the season. This is a throwaway year for us IMO. Maybe Youk can give us more than A-rod will anyway.

vCash
    How about a link?

K

Thanks.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    As someone who is about to have the same surgery, I can honestly say that I believe he will be ready in the summer and will be much better than last year. Every Dr. I have spoken to has said to expect full range of motion and strength. Worst case is losing some small range of motion.
    The pain will be gone for him. The best way I can describe it is, it's like someone hit you in the hip and arse with a club a few times. It's hard to walk, sit, turn and go up stairs. The hip locks when you stand up and rotate He will certainly have arthritis starting but that can be managed with other things.
    He will never be the same player he was 3 years ago but I think he will be much better than last year.
    I would sign up for 85% of what he was 3 years ago for the next few years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    As someone who is about to have the same surgery, I can honestly say that I believe he will be ready in the summer and will be much better than last year. Every Dr. I have spoken to has said to expect full range of motion and strength. Worst case is losing some small range of motion.
    The pain will be gone for him. The best way I can describe it is, it's like someone hit you in the hip and arse with a club a few times. It's hard to walk, sit, turn and go up stairs. The hip locks when you stand up and rotate He will certainly have arthritis starting but that can be managed with other things.
    He will never be the same player he was 3 years ago but I think he will be much better than last year.
    I would sign up for 85% of what he was 3 years ago for the next few years.
    He's done. Even players who are perfectly healthy don't maintain any semblance of their past prowess past a certain age.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    How about he fully recovers and gives the team a power source....I hope we see 30 homers again....
    We won't see even 10 HRs this year if he isn't back until July or August. His power is pretty much gone these days it seems

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    I thought he'd have to retire due to the injury in order to collect insurance.
    Regardless, I agree that he should miss the season. This is a throwaway year for us IMO. Maybe Youk can give us more than A-rod will anyway.
    I read that he just had to miss the season in order for the Yankees to start collecting insurance. At least that's what I thought.

vCash
    He's probably done.

vCash
    I don't see why anyone cares if the Yankees collect insurance for A-Rod. Doesn't affect the budget and therefore won't go back into the team.

vCash
    Dat shitttz browke !!!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Message to Hal: SIGN EVERYONE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    He's probably done.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Dat shitttz browke !!!
    I hope!!!!!

vCash
    the thing about cartilage once its damaged or destroyed it doesn't grow back or fix. So if there's no real full recovery in this case.

also i'm doing my RN now and every professor i have had that had an MD said that arod's injuries are 100% due to his steroid usage. Theres no doubt about it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrTK9lvkCQg

My tribute to edwin Encarrrrnacioooooon...... Been an amazing fantasy replacement whle arod was hurt

vCash
    dat shlit been broke
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrTK9lvkCQg

My tribute to edwin Encarrrrnacioooooon...... Been an amazing fantasy replacement whle arod was hurt

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast