Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Not just put him in Dallas, but if Barry didnt retire still on top of his game, ES wouldn't have sniffed the record. Barry was the man and gift wrapped that record for Emmitt. He was durable, and above average easily, but tops no way.

vCash
    I'm sure this was off the top of your head.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CCRider View Post
    Let's go with the best five per team. Not going way back in "The Galloping Ghost" days. Not so much about top yardage as it is overall impact. Those who played for more than one team, I went with where they were the most successful. Just off the top of my head so don't beat me up because I might not have been spot on. Pretty accurate, ball park.

Niners...Frank Gore, Roger Craig, Joe "The Jet" Perry, Hugh "The King" McElhenny, Delvin Williams

Rams...Eric Dickerson, Marshall Faulk, Steven Jackson, Lawrence McCutheon, Dick Bass

Cards...Otis Anderson, Ollie Matson, John David Crow, Stump Mitchell, Terry Metcalf

Seahawks...Shaun Alexander, Marshawn Lynch, Chris Warren, Curt Warner, Ricky Watters

Packers...Jim Taylor, Ahman Green, John Brockington, Paul Hornung, Ryan Grant

Vikings...Adrian Peterson, Robert Smith, Chuck Foreman, Ted Brown, Darin Nelson,

Bears....Walter Payton, Gale Sayers, Neal Anderson, Wilie Galimore, Rick Casares

Lions...Barry Sanders, Billy Sims, Steve Owens, Nick Pietrasonte, Dexter Bussey

Redskins..John Riggins, Clinton Portis, Alfred Morris, Larry Brown, Stephen Davis

Cowboys...Emmitt Smith, Tony Dorsett, Calvin Hill, Don Perkins, Robert Newhouse

Giants...Tiki Barber, Rodney Hampton, Joe Morris, Frank Gifford, Ahmad Bradshaw

Eagles...Wilbert Montgomery, Brian Westbrook, Duce Staley, Timmy Brown, Steve Van Buren

Falcons...Gerald Riggs, William Andrews, Warrick Dunn, Jamal Anderson, Michael Turner

Saints...Duece McAlister, George Rogers, Dalton Hilliard, Ruben Mayes, Pierre Thomas

Buc's...James Wilder, Mike Alstott, Cadillac Williams, Michael Pittman, James Owens

Panthers...Deangelo Williams, Jonathan Stewart,Tim Biakabutuka, Fred Lane ?

Chargers...LaDainian Tomlinson, Paul Lowe, Marion Butts, Natrone Means, Chuck Muncie

Chiefs...Christian "The Nigerian Nightmare" Okoye, Priest Holmes, Larry Johnson, Abner Haynes, Mike Garrett

Raiders...Marcus Allen, Bo Jackson, Clem Daneils, Mark Van Eeghan, Napolean Kaufman

Broncos...Terrell Davis, Floyd Little, Otis Armstrong, Sammy Winder, Mike Anderson

Pats...Sam Cunnigham, Jim Nance, Tony Collins, Kevin Faulk, Steven Ridley

Jets...Curtis Martin, Freeman McNeil, Matt Snell, Thomas Jones, Emerson Boozer

Dolphins....Larry Csonka. Ricky Williams, Mercury Morris, Ronnie Brown, Reggie Bush

Bills...Thurmon Thomas, O.J.Simpson, Cookie Gilchrist, Joe Cribbs, Travis Henry

Steelers...Jerome Bettis, Franco Harris, John Henry Johnson, Barry Foster, Rocky Bleier

Bengals...Corey Dillon, James Brooks, Pete Johnson, Paul Robinson, Cedric Benson

Ravens...Jamal Lewis, Ray Rice, Willis McGahee, Chester Taylor, ?

Browns...Jimmy Brown, Marion Mottley, Leroy Kelly, Mike Pruitt, Greg Pruitt

Texans...Arian Foster, Domenick Williams, Steve Slaton, Ron Dayne, ?

Colts...Edgerrin James, Lenny Moore, Lydell Mitchell, Alan Ameche, Curtis Dickey...fastest RB ever-10.10 100m

Oilers/Titans...Earl Campbell, Eddie George, Chris Johnson, Lorenzo White, Hoyle Granger

Jags...Fred Taylor, Maurice Jones Drew, James Stewart ? ?

I can't ignore...

Keith Lincoln...Chargers
    Herschel Walker...pick one
    Terry Allen ...Redskins
    Mack "The Truck" Lee Hill...Chiefs. What might have been.
    "Jaguar" Jon Arnett...Rams
    Joe Delaney...Chiefs. What might have been.
    Ernest Jackson..Chargers

Little trivia question here.

This guy was a college QB, once he arrived at training camp he was made into a RB, had over a 1000 yards as a rookie. Who?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingPosey View Post
    Yes it was my man, I'm sort of an historian. Pick out a team any team and I'll give you their fantasy 4x1 relay. Right here right now. Being a big track fan, my pet is tracksters in the NFL.
    Last edited by CCRider; 01-18-2013 at 06:22 AM.

vCash
    Not just put him in Dallas, but if Barry didnt retire still on top of his game, ES wouldn't have sniffed the record. Barry was the man and gift wrapped that record for Emmitt. He was durable, and above average easily, but tops no way.
    I agree.

vCash
    Emmitt was my guy growing up, and really drew me into being a Cowboys fan. I'll admit I am a little biased towards him, but I feel like he is definitely too low on the list.

In a league where the average career lasts 3.5 years durability has to count for something. He played 15 seasons and rushed for over 1,000 yards in 11 of them (and over 900 in 14 of them). He was the definition of tough, and durable. He was definitely aided by a great offensive line, but he is the all time leading rusher in NFL history, and I think it's a little insulting to have him outside the top 5.

NYK
    NYY
    STJ
    BIG D
    NYR
    JUVE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY3487 View Post
    Emmitt was my guy growing up, and really drew me into being a Cowboys fan. I'll admit I am a little biased towards him, but I feel like he is definitely too low on the list.

In a league where the average career lasts 3.5 years durability has to count for something. He played 15 seasons and rushed for over 1,000 yards in 11 of them (and over 900 in 14 of them). He was the definition of tough, and durable. He was definitely aided by a great offensive line, but he is the all time leading rusher in NFL history, and I think it's a little insulting to have him outside the top 5.
    I can EASILY see him outside of the top 5.

Outside of the top 10 is when it starts getting questionable.

What Emmitt did just never impressed compared to the other top 5 or 6 backs, the holes made for him were too large.

I mean, let me ask you this - if you played against a team with an average oline, rank these 10 RBs in which you would be most scared of getting the ball handed off to -

Smith
    Sanders
    Payton
    Peterson
    Tomlinson
    Sayers
    OJ
    Brown
    Dickerson
    Faulk

Honestly, in a handoff, Smith is probably the one I'd fear least of these players.
    Last edited by basch152; 01-18-2013 at 09:01 AM.

vCash
    The NFL is not about longevity, it's about impact. Why then is Dick Butkus compared to Ray Lewis when he played half the seasons? The reality is nobody gives a flying **** about career counting stats in the NFL. I have Emmitt at #7. That's not disrespect, the men in front of him are flat out more talented.

vCash
    Nobody in this thread said he was tops, or above Barry.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    I can EASILY see him outside of the top 5.

Outside of the top 10 is when it starts getting questionable.

What Emmitt did just never impressed compared to the other top 5 or 6 backs, the holes made for him were too large.

I mean, let me ask you this - if you played against a team with an average oline, rank these 10 RBs in which you would be most scared of getting the ball handed off to -

Smith
    Sanders
    Payton
    Peterson
    Tomlinson
    Sayers
    OJ
    Brown
    Dickerson
    Faulk

Honestly, in a handoff, Smith is probably the one I'd fear least of these players.
    I don't question that a lot of these backs had a better prime than Emmitt, and may have had more physical gifts, but like I said before Emmitt lasted 15 years, and was playing at a high level in almost all of those years. A lot of the guys mentioned above had maybe 5 good years. Longevity should definitely be taken into account when evaluating RBs, considering most of them don't last after a few years of taking hit after hit.

NYK
    NYY
    STJ
    BIG D
    NYR
    JUVE

vCash
    Barry Sanders!

vCash
    For those who put jim brown, OJ, Sayers, or eric dickerson on top of the list.. how old are you... did you actually see them play or are you just looking off the analyst/media list.

I'm 25 and I'm sure most of you are around that age..

Here's MY list

1. Barry Sanders - He is elusive and the fastest back I've ever seen play. Playing for the detroit lions in the 90's ( worst team in that decade imo) and still putting up amazing numbers is incredible

2. Adrian Peterson - Need to say more? When all said and done when he retires years from now, he will be on top of the list PERIOD

3. Marshall Faulk

4. LT

5. Emmitt Smith

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MossyMoss View Post
    For those who put jim brown, OJ, Sayers, or eric dickerson on top of the list.. how old are you... did you actually see them play or are you just looking off the analyst/media list.

Here's MY list

1. Barry Sanders - He is elusive and the fastest back I've ever seen play. Playing for the detroit lions in the 90's ( worst team in that decade imo) and still putting up amazing numbers is incredible

2. Adrian Peterson - Need to say more? When all said and done when he retires years from now, he will be on top of the list PERIOD

3. Marshall Faulk

4. LT

5. Emmitt Smith

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MossyMoss View Post

Here's MY list

3. Marshall Faulk

4. LT

5. Emmitt Smith
    Yep, saw them play many times. Actually saw O.J. run a 4x1 while still at SFCC.

This was the first RB that ever grabbed my attention.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CCRider View Post
    Yep, saw them play many times. Actually saw O.J. run a 4x1 while still at SFCC.

This was the first RB that ever grabbed my attention.

I've also saw OJ run... in his 4x4, juking cops..
    Last edited by MossyMoss; 01-19-2013 at 12:37 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast