Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 55 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast
    vCash
    The thing I don't get is the girl in the pictures isn't even good looking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    Ok wow, well this is new news.

EXCLUSIVE: Woman tried new hoax in December call to Te'o

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/b...l?id=187505701
    OH COME ON!

*sniff* *sniff* You guys smell that?

Dude is taking us all for a ride

if not we need a name, NOW.
    Broncos be like:

vCash
    If it turns out to be Manti knows less than you people thought, I hope all of you have the curse of crapping your pants daily.
    You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, tell me, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!

vCash
    I think something like this is the most plausible thing that Te'o could say if he comes clean:

1. His friend started messing with him. For a long time (2 years?) it was just back and forth online convo with Te'o thinking he was talking to a hot girl. Whatever, not the end of the world. They were essentially pen pals for this time period.

2. His friend decided to take the hoax to a whole new level and they became "BF/GF" sometime in 2012 (?).

3. Because they were now "BF/GF" Te'o tried multiple times to arrange meetings,etc. so his friends (I mean the real people behind the twitter account) had to make up excuses (car accident, cancer, etc) about why she wasn't going to be able to meet him. Eventually the friends couldn't keep making up excuses so they decided to kill her off.

4. Te'o found out a long time before Dec 26th that she was a fake person. But since the media already knew the story and whatnot, he didn't want to embarrass himself so he just kept feeding it and feeding it.

==========================

-In the si.com interview, you can see that he didn't really know much about "her". They asked about Stanford and Te'o said "she graduated in 2010 or 2011, one of those years." He was asked what she does for a living and Te'o said something along the lines of "she worked at this place, I think." Then he was asked what her college major was and Te'o said "I think she majored in English and something else, I can't remember." Things like that say to me that they were never really as close (I mean even from an online perspective) as the media and he made it out to be.
    I pretty much agree with this theory. It fits the facts that we have seemingly. Norm and I were saying this like 20 pages ago lol.

Seems like he might only really be guilty of being too embarrassed to admit he was stupid and played for a fool

"We the best in the league, Tony!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    I think we can all agree on this:

One way or another, Te'o is extremely stupid.

Either he is stupid enough to believe in an imaginary girlfriend for 3 years...

or

He is stupid enough to think this hoax wouldn't be figured out.
    Manti knew her for 3 years, they have only been "dating" for less than a year.

Seattle Seahawks, Boise State, Notre Dame, Boston Celtics, Boston Bruins, Seattle Mariners, Seattle Supersonics

vCash
    NO MOM, I can't take out the trash! SHHHH I'M WATCHING MY SOAP!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post
    NO MOM, I can't take out the trash! SHHHH I'M WATCHING MY SOAP!
    LMAO. This is a pretty funny story.

Me and my Boy.
    No halo.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

vCash
    Ok wow, well this is new news.

EXCLUSIVE: Woman tried new hoax in December call to Te'o

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/b...l?id=187505701
    How did she send a picture with a date stamp on it if she wasn't actually the girl in the photos?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by seahawks509 View Post
    He's mormon, why would he come up with something like this. His teammates even came out and said that he's a bit of a loner. That he would rather stay in his room and watch tv and talk on the phone than party of hang out. I have no doubt in my mind that he has nothing to do with this.
    I think Mormon's are more likely than most to be pathological liars.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickenlooper View Post
    I think Mormon's are more likely than most to be pathological liars.
    Mitt Romney says Wadddup my ***** Teo

vCash
    Anyone who doesn't realize he was in on this is a fool

vCash
    Yeah, pardon me for not believing a convoluted story from people with nothing to lose in taking the blame. Didn't Te'o say he met her at a party after a game and they exchanged numbers? And then that they met up in Hawai'i a couple of times? It's hard to do that with someone who doesn't exist.
    2013 Adopt-a-Packer: Aaron Rodgers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by seahawks509 View Post
    He's mormon, why would he come up with something like this. His teammates even came out and said that he's a bit of a loner. That he would rather stay in his room and watch tv and talk on the phone than party of hang out. I have no doubt in my mind that he has nothing to do with this.
    You obviously have no understanding of how the Mormon faith was conceived.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    You obviously have no understanding of how the Mormon faith was conceived.
    That's what I'm saying.

vCash
    Apparently she(the female person) faked her death because of drug dealers...

He just released a statement and is going through an off-camera interview with Jeremy Schaap.

Details have continued to surface following Deadspin's report of the controversy surrounding Manti Te'o supposed dead girlfriend, but Te'o remained silent. That is, until Friday night when he spoke to ESPN's Jeremy Schaap in an off-camera interview.

For more on the story, visit our Manti Te'o StorySteam

In the initial report there was some question as to whether Te'o was involved on the hoax or whether he was the victim of an elaborate lie. Additional reports have indicated that Te'o was indeed the victim of a hoax and that Ronaiah Tuiasosopo was the person behind it. During his interview with Schaap, Te'o detailed the entire situation.

Te'o said he was not involved in creating the hoax, instead saying there was no way he could be part of the situation. The initial Deadspin report report cited a source who said there was an "80 percent" chance Te'o was involved in the hoax, but he told Schaap the complete story will show that isn't the case.

"When they hear the facts they'll know. They'll know there is no way I could be a part of this," Te'o said.

Conspiracy theorists hypothesized that Te'o was involved in the hoax, possibly in an effort to boost his Heisman Trophy candidacy. Te'o denied those claims and said he wasn't faking anything and didn't make any part of the story up to help his Heisman Trophy candidacy.

"I wasn't faking it," he said. "I wasn't part of this."
    He also tried to Skype with her, but she refused.

Page 55 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast