Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 37 of 65 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OldStyleCubbies View Post
    Do you think 100% he had no part of it or do you think it could go either way still?
    I think, considering ND backing him publicly and dead spins lack of any real evidence implicating him, he will be exhonorated in the court of public opinion...

He is either a con man with the talents of a David caresh or the victim of being extremely naive.....

The odds of him being that narcissistic without having prior evidence or a criminal history is remote...

I think he's a very naive kid that was victimized...

vCash
    I wonder what will really come out of this? Are there any legal ramifications for carrying this on? If Te'o or whoever pulled the prank was involved in creating a story isn't that in some form a deception that could have ramifications because thousands of dollars were said to be raised in her memory for Leukemia research?

Now, this Leukemia research was raised for a nonprofit but I believe the fund-raising was raised under her memory. Isn't there some sort of ramification for an act like that? That would be like a cancer-researcher making up a fake story about his wife (that doesn't exist) that died because of cancer and he is raising memory in her name. How messed up is that? I maybe totally wrong here but I would think that raising funds, even for a non-profit, under the memory of someone who doesn't exist should have some form of ramification.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kubernetes View Post
    Yeah, but it got uncovered by Deadspin long after the season. If they wanted to embarrass him, why wait so long?
    Not sure. Maybe they realized they had a conscience

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendX View Post
    At the risk of receiving a few jabs from certain people I find this whole thing a complete and total joke. There is no way this story should be as big as it is, it's being blown way out of proportion. There are so many different speculated scenarios and there's only one I can think of that is truly bad and makes him look like a terrible person.

If he is gay, why does it matter? I have no problem with him being gay and I can 100% understand why he created this hoax. If he is gay he should come out, the amount if support he would receive would be insane, and as Norm said he would be a marketing machine. We're in a society that accepts a lot more, sure we would have a minority of people and players that would be totally against it, but the support he would receive would greatly outweigh those that are against him.

If he's not gay, well...the little sausage between a man legs can make him do some crazy things sometimes. Also remember he's a devout Mormon, so it's not exactly looked upon positively by those within that circle to go around tapping each and every girl, this could've been a way for him to find a release of all his built up thoughts and emotions. He may have made it up, he may not have. He may have found out it was a lie and continued the lie after it all ended so he could save face and create his own narrative to end the whole story in his own way so he wouldn't become the joke that he is (but shouldn't be), and I know I mentioned him being a devout Mormon and I know he's lied, but I'm pretty sure each and every one of us would try and do what Te'o did (end the story on his terms, hoping not to get caught) than just straight up coming out and admitting it and becoming a total laughing stock.

And if he came up with it all - highly unlikely - to get Heisman votes, well then that's sad, but it was never going to happen that way, I'm positive the voters don't vote that way.

Finally, the only truly bad thing that could come of this is if he used the money, that the charity he created in the girls name, for his own personal monetary gain and enjoyment...and I find that highly unlikely.

With all that said, from what I've read, he appears to be the confused victim of a cruel joke.

All I care about is...Can he play football? Based on what I've seen...Hell yes he can.
    If he is gay, you are right, It doesn't matter. But would he really get complete open arms from the gay community? When they are all about pride, and when they aren't supposed to care about what anyone thinks of them, they will look at a guy that went to this extreme just for the fact of him being gay wouldn't be compromised to the media and the general populous? Wouldn't that be insulting more than anything? To go that far out?

You think he would have become the laughing stock he is now had he let it be known it was all a big joke? We would feel a little more light hearted for the guy if he would have came out and said it was all a joke. But he continued to lie even after her fake death. I would not continue to keep making **** up, you can speak for yourself there. That is not only time consuming but just a little ridiculous.
    Laker Girls:
    Rashida Jones= Fired
    #Chobot= 1-2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by murcat410 View Post
    I wonder what will really come out of this? Are there any legal ramifications for carrying this on? If Te'o or whoever pulled the prank was involved in creating a story isn't that in some form a deception that could have ramifications because thousands of dollars were said to be raised in her memory for Leukemia research?

Now, this Leukemia research was raised for a nonprofit but I believe the fund-raising was raised under her memory. Isn't there some sort of ramification for an act like that? That would be like a cancer-researcher making up a fake story about his wife (that doesn't exist) that died because of cancer and he is raising memory in her name. How messed up is that? I maybe totally wrong here but I would think that raising funds, even for a non-profit, under the memory of someone who doesn't exist should have some form of ramification.
    I think it would depend on how the money was used.

vCash
    "Manti Te'o girlfriend doesnt exist" is seriously the headline for ESPN?
    Imagine if your him, somehow not knowing this story got blown up and just seeing that

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by murcat410 View Post

Online impersonations is a crime in some states. I've heard cases of people being charged with identity theft for making fake Facebook profile accounts. Whether this falls under the same category I am not sure.

vCash
    Deadspin said they raised over 3000 dollars.

vCash
    ^Man, wouldn't that be some ****? If this was all to raise money in it all?
    Laker Girls:
    Rashida Jones= Fired
    #Chobot= 1-2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CyborgMushroom View Post
    If he is gay, you are right, It doesn't matter. But would he really get complete open arms from the gay community? When they are all about pride, and when they aren't supposed to care about what anyone thinks of them, they will look at a guy that went to this extreme just for the fact of him being gay wouldn't be compromised to the media and the general populous? Wouldn't that be insulting more than anything? To go that far out?

You think he would have become the laughing stock he is now had he let it be known it was all a big joke? We would feel a little more light hearted for the guy if he would have came out and said it was all a joke. But he continued to lie even after her fake death. I would not continue to keep making **** up, you can speak for yourself there. That is not only time consuming but just a little ridiculous.
    I think most, if not all, of the gay community would fully understand what Te'o went through. Obviously the extent of some of it was a bit too far and hard to swallow but ultimately I think they would accept him and wouldn't care. Plus it'd be HUGE for the gay community to have an openly gay NFL player; the biggest, most popular sport in such an insanely media driven and politically driven nation.

He definitely would've become a laughing stock, maybe not as big, but you've got to realize that Te'o never expected to be caught. Having not been caught up until now I can see why he would go on with it, especially since it hasn't been all that long since the girl "died". When people lose loved ones they sometimes go on about it much longer than what this Te'o thing has lasted. Time consuming, definitely, but we're all different and Te'o, who was, and still probably is, going to become a huge star in the NFL was trying to save him image.

Personally I think he should be completely honest about the entire story, and if he's smart he'll joke and laugh about it at is own expense. One big worry is, however, that some of these jokes and te pressure could go too far and Te'o may take his life or something like that. I hope it doesn't come to that, and I hope he continues to peruse his NFL career and I hope he succeeds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OldStyleCubbies View Post
    He's an overrated prospect tho. Wouldn't be a first rounder in a strong draft class.
    Really? I dont follow college football at all but I've heard nothing but great things about him - other than his game against 'Bama - and I also remember him being highly touted last season as well.

vCash
    I think this could make him a steal for someone if he really drops..

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    His preference to play in SF

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by {Ron!n} View Post
    If this is true what happens to his draft stock? You've got to wonder what franchise would want that mess.
    Um the Jets?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan88 View Post
    Um the Jets?
    Tebow to Te'o:
    Hey bro
    don't fake it
    like catfish;
    say you're
    still a virgin
    or make it
    like Romo