Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 131
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Garden City, NY
    Posts
    724
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    its setting the stage for lockout 2020, i cant wait
    exactlyyy

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    25,683
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    No. Grabovski got $5.5 million. Oh, and are you forgetting something? Like maybe the most important part? 5 years. Zajac got 8. And Grabovski is pretty "awesome" in his own right.
    Grabovski is also a questionable contract.

    I like Zajac more but I don't like Zajac 18.5 million over 3 years more.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,598
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jrice9 View Post
    He also didn't have this much leverage.
    He had all the leverage. We just lost a star, couldn't have lost Zajac in no way, shape, or form.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    25,683
    vCash
    1500
    Rfa?

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,598
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    No. Grabovski got $5.5 million. Oh, and are you forgetting something? Like maybe the most important part? 5 years. Zajac got 8. And Grabovski is pretty "awesome" in his own right.
    Zajac is a true Devil, Lou wants him here forever. I don't mind that. Zajac is the #1C on a team that made it to the Cup Finals. There's no doubt that he would have gotten more on the market.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Chestnut Hill, MA
    Posts
    23,564
    vCash
    1500
    I lol'ed so hard.

    An almost 28 year old who's career high in points is 67 and it was 3 years ago, who had only 44 points the next season and only played 39 out of 106 Devils games last season and only had 20 points......

    WTF. I understand a 3 or 4 year deal. I understand giving him MAYBE 4 million dollars a year, bt 8 years for 5.75 mil?

    Travis Zajac got more years and a higher cap hit than John Tavares everyone


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

    New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,840
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jakub View Post
    Zajac is a true Devil, Lou wants him here forever. I don't mind that. Zajac is the #1C on a team that made it to the Cup Finals. There's no doubt that he would have gotten more on the market.
    You realize you can like the player and not like the contract right? This contract is indefensible.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    14,979
    vCash
    1500
    Its not my money and I like the player and what he brings. If we could have signed him for $1 a year for 6 Million either way I like it.

    New York Yankees

    Dallas Mavericks

    New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida


  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,598
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post
    I lol'ed so hard.

    An almost 28 year old who's career high in points is 67 and it was 3 years ago, who had only 44 points the next season and only played 39 out of 106 Devils games last season and only had 20 points......

    WTF. I understand a 3 or 4 year deal. I understand giving him MAYBE 4 million dollars a year, bt 8 years for 5.75 mil?

    Travis Zajac got more years and a higher cap hit than John Tavares everyone
    Yup all that matters is points. You're right.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Chestnut Hill, MA
    Posts
    23,564
    vCash
    1500
    It's 90% of what matter from a forward, besides that, he's a slightly above average faceoff player and dolid 2 way forward.


    10-11 He had 44 points in 82 games and in 11-12 he had 20 in 39. I dont care if he's ****ing Kesler or Toews defensively or wins 60% of draws (neither of which he is very close to), with that offensive production the last 2 years, he doesnt deserve close to 8 years or close to 5.75 mil a year.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

    New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,501
    vCash
    1500
    Lou plays hardball with Niedermayer, Rafalski, Holik, Mogilny, and Parise. All of whom leave via free agency, but let's extend Travis Zajac so he doesn't hit the open market.

    Wrong guy to try and right your mistakes with.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    137
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    Lou plays hardball with Niedermayer, Rafalski, Holik, Mogilny, and Parise. All of whom leave via free agency, but let's extend Travis Zajac so he doesn't hit the open market.

    Wrong guy to try and right your mistakes with.
    You're wrong. Niedermayer took less money to play with his brother. Rafalski wanted to be closer to home. Holik was on the decline as was Mogilny. And the Devils offered Parise a contract that was similar to the one that the Wild gave.

    And for everyone saying that Zajac is being overpaid, I can't help but disagree. He's a first line center who plays the Devils system very well. Yes, he got hurt last year but when he came back he provided a spark to the team to finish out the season and his play helped the Devils get to the finals.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,598
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post
    It's 90% of what matter from a forward, besides that, he's a slightly above average faceoff player and dolid 2 way forward.


    10-11 He had 44 points in 82 games and in 11-12 he had 20 in 39. I dont care if he's ****ing Kesler or Toews defensively or wins 60% of draws (neither of which he is very close to), with that offensive production the last 2 years, he doesnt deserve close to 8 years or close to 5.75 mil a year.
    1. Nice statistic you pulled out of your ***.
    2. Slightly above average on draw? I'll provide you some real statistics, not one's that I pull out of my ***, unlike you. In 2010-11, he played all 82 games, took 1278 faceoffs(good for 23rd in the NHL), his winning percentage was 55.3%(ranked 16th) It's a bit flawed since Letestu played 64 games and Crosby played 41. He's great defensively. You keep saying last 2 years, but how can you count a 15 game sample coming off a injury? In 2010-11 EVERYONE had a down year. Is this so difficult for you to understand? We had a coach who didn't have control of his team, had no plays, was useless. He got abit more then I expected, but that's fine he's a hell of a player.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,598
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by keithy19 View Post
    You're wrong. Niedermayer took less money to play with his brother. Rafalski wanted to be closer to home. Holik was on the decline as was Mogilny. And the Devils offered Parise a contract that was similar to the one that the Wild gave.

    And for everyone saying that Zajac is being overpaid, I can't help but disagree. He's a first line center who plays the Devils system very well. Yes, he got hurt last year but when he came back he provided a spark to the team to finish out the season and his play helped the Devils get to the finals.
    Saved me some time. Thanks.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    14,454
    vCash
    1500
    I laughed when I saw this contract. He's a good player but not worth the years or the cap hit.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •