Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 100
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    111
    vCash
    1500

    Darren Oliver to Return for 2013 Season

    as per Sportsnet... no link up yet

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,856
    vCash
    1500
    Well 3 million bucks is 3 million bucks I guess. Glad to have him back.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    557
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovesports View Post
    as per Sportsnet... no link up yet
    Terrific news. Huge boost for this team

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    111
    vCash
    1500
    we seem to get news every week!

    Looking forward to next week...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    T.O., Canada
    Posts
    14,113
    vCash
    1500
    Yes! Cannot be understated how important he is to this pen.
    2013

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    8,323
    vCash
    1500
    i wonder how they are going to play it off like the trade/raise demand wasnt made
    Sens Raps Jays

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,083
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    i wonder how they are going to play it off like the trade/raise demand wasnt made
    For better or worse, and often it's the latter, Anthopoulos doesn't seem to care about spin.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    St. Catharines, ON
    Posts
    15,439
    vCash
    1500
    Huuuuuuuuuuge.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    557
    vCash
    1500
    not that is of any real significance, but I think this spells the end of Cecil in a Jays uniform. IMO, as it stands the jays bullpen on opening day is going to be Janssen, Oliver, Santos, Delabar, Lincoln, Happ, and Rogers. Both Cecil and Rogers are out of options and I dont see Rogers being DFA'd considering what we gave up for him. I know Happ has options and can be sent down but do the jays really want to pay ~3.8mm for happ to be in the minors?

    I thought Cecil would be a useful bullpen piece, whatever, just my 2 cents.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Toronto/London
    Posts
    2,838
    vCash
    1500
    Im really starting to like the jays bullpen. Its very solid, and now that Oliver is back, Cecil can be relegated to the minors (as depth)

    Janssen
    Santos
    Oliver
    Lincoln
    Happ
    Delabar
    Perez (when he comes back)

    Moreover, the bullpen look nice, from a personality stand point. There is no love/hate relationship for me with any of those players. They are mostly likable

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    20,765
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BTBAM View Post
    not that is of any real significance, but I think this spells the end of Cecil in a Jays uniform. IMO, as it stands the jays bullpen on opening day is going to be Janssen, Oliver, Santos, Delabar, Lincoln, Happ, and Rogers. Both Cecil and Rogers are out of options and I dont see Rogers being DFA'd considering what we gave up for him. I know Happ has options and can be sent down but do the jays really want to pay ~3.8mm for happ to be in the minors?

    I thought Cecil would be a useful bullpen piece, whatever, just my 2 cents.
    I seriously think Happ will start off in AAA

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,083
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BTBAM View Post
    not that is of any real significance, but I think this spells the end of Cecil in a Jays uniform. IMO, as it stands the jays bullpen on opening day is going to be Janssen, Oliver, Santos, Delabar, Lincoln, Happ, and Rogers. Both Cecil and Rogers are out of options and I dont see Rogers being DFA'd considering what we gave up for him. I know Happ has options and can be sent down but do the jays really want to pay ~3.8mm for happ to be in the minors?

    I thought Cecil would be a useful bullpen piece, whatever, just my 2 cents.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see both Cecil and Rogers DFA'd due to the depth of the bullpen now (Santos, Janssen, Oliver, Lincoln, Delabar, Happ, and Loup). I'm not sure when Perez is due to return from rehab but he'd be ahead of those 2 on the depth chart as well when the time comes.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10,115
    vCash
    1500
    Huge win for the front office. This will pay off in more ways than one.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    T.O., Canada
    Posts
    14,113
    vCash
    1500
    Keeping Happ stretched out might be worth more than the innings he'd give you as the 7th man in the big league pen. I think Cecil breaks camp as the Jays' loogy, which is perfectly sensible.
    2013

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10,115
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mtf View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see both Cecil and Rogers DFA'd due to the depth of the bullpen now (Santos, Janssen, Oliver, Lincoln, Delabar, Happ, and Loup). I'm not sure when Perez is due to return from rehab but he'd be ahead of those 2 on the depth chart as well when the time comes.
    Could we keep Loup in AAA or is that not possible? I think I'd rather have Rogers than Loup but I'm probably alone on that.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •