Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Darren Oliver to Return for 2013 Season

as per Sportsnet... no link up yet

vCash
    Well 3 million bucks is 3 million bucks I guess. Glad to have him back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovesports View Post
    as per Sportsnet... no link up yet
    Terrific news. Huge boost for this team

vCash
    we seem to get news every week!

Looking forward to next week...

vCash
    Yes! Cannot be understated how important he is to this pen.

vCash
    i wonder how they are going to play it off like the trade/raise demand wasnt made
    Sens Raps Jays

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    i wonder how they are going to play it off like the trade/raise demand wasnt made
    For better or worse, and often it's the latter, Anthopoulos doesn't seem to care about spin.

vCash
    Huuuuuuuuuuge.

vCash
    not that is of any real significance, but I think this spells the end of Cecil in a Jays uniform. IMO, as it stands the jays bullpen on opening day is going to be Janssen, Oliver, Santos, Delabar, Lincoln, Happ, and Rogers. Both Cecil and Rogers are out of options and I dont see Rogers being DFA'd considering what we gave up for him. I know Happ has options and can be sent down but do the jays really want to pay ~3.8mm for happ to be in the minors?

I thought Cecil would be a useful bullpen piece, whatever, just my 2 cents.

vCash
    Im really starting to like the jays bullpen. Its very solid, and now that Oliver is back, Cecil can be relegated to the minors (as depth)

Janssen
    Santos
    Oliver
    Lincoln
    Happ
    Delabar
    Perez (when he comes back)

Moreover, the bullpen look nice, from a personality stand point. There is no love/hate relationship for me with any of those players. They are mostly likable

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BTBAM View Post
    not that is of any real significance, but I think this spells the end of Cecil in a Jays uniform. IMO, as it stands the jays bullpen on opening day is going to be Janssen, Oliver, Santos, Delabar, Lincoln, Happ, and Rogers. Both Cecil and Rogers are out of options and I dont see Rogers being DFA'd considering what we gave up for him. I know Happ has options and can be sent down but do the jays really want to pay ~3.8mm for happ to be in the minors?

I seriously think Happ will start off in AAA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BTBAM View Post

I wouldn't be surprised to see both Cecil and Rogers DFA'd due to the depth of the bullpen now (Santos, Janssen, Oliver, Lincoln, Delabar, Happ, and Loup). I'm not sure when Perez is due to return from rehab but he'd be ahead of those 2 on the depth chart as well when the time comes.

vCash
    Huge win for the front office. This will pay off in more ways than one.

vCash
    Keeping Happ stretched out might be worth more than the innings he'd give you as the 7th man in the big league pen. I think Cecil breaks camp as the Jays' loogy, which is perfectly sensible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mtf View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see both Cecil and Rogers DFA'd due to the depth of the bullpen now (Santos, Janssen, Oliver, Lincoln, Delabar, Happ, and Loup). I'm not sure when Perez is due to return from rehab but he'd be ahead of those 2 on the depth chart as well when the time comes.
    Could we keep Loup in AAA or is that not possible? I think I'd rather have Rogers than Loup but I'm probably alone on that.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast