Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Thumbs up Ross Withdraws Name for Jets GM Position

Giantsí Ross exits Jetsí GM hunt

By BRIAN COSTELLO
    Posted: 12:53 AM, January 16, 2013

The Jetsí pool of candidates for their vacant general manager job shrunk by one yesterday.

Giants director of college scouting Marc Ross withdrew his name from consideration for the job, according to a source.

Ross interviewed for the job on Jan. 7 as part of the initial group of candidates the Jets looked at. The Jets are bringing some candidates back this week for second interviews and hope to have a general manager hired by the end of the week.

Ross, 39, interviewed for GM openings with the Jets, Jaguars, Chargers and Panthers. He is considered a rising star in the league and a future general manager.

A Princeton graduate, he worked with the Eagles and Bills before joining the Giants in May 2007. He has run the Giants draft room for the past five years, leading the evaluation process of players such as Hakeem Nicks, Jason Pierre-Paul and David Wilson.

The Jets have interviewed at least 10 candidates to fill the position left open when they fired Mike Tannenbaum.
    NYP

vCash
    Reword that title! He didn't want that **** job :P

vCash
    haha fair enough

vCash
    Who would want that job? Lol seriously a ****ing circus over there.. I use to root for the Jets before Rex came a long.. I can't ****ing stand him..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    Who would want that job? Lol seriously a ****ing circus over there.. I use to root for the Jets before Rex came a long.. I can't ****ing stand him..
    I love that there are what, 6 or 8?, different coaches no longer there including both coordinators and yet somehow Rex is still there. This is a team that missed big on the playoffs and fired their GM right away. They must have had some idea of who they'd seek out since what....November? The fact that nobody has been hired and Rex is still there says to me (1) nobody wants to handle that train wreck and/or (2) People have interviewed and said they would fire Rex and Woody wants to keep him so they don't get the job.

vCash
    They fire the GM even though Rex is obviously the one deciding what players to get.
    I love how every self-respecting candidate won't even accept an interview with the Jets, let alone a job lol

vCash
    Up until Rex doesn't have gm powers stay away..I hate the jets ..I use to live at my friends house..all jets fans so I use to know them and the what I call fake giants (Kerry Collins ..a scared giants?! ..giants have that blue collar tough it out annotate scared attitude ..wild dogs..LT..even Eli's no punk just uhm looks it lol )

Back then they had chad Pennington or vinny t and Curtis my favorite Martian Martin ..I had respect for them..

I'm just disgusted by them now ..

As for Ross I hope he gets a chance some where else one day but help us out while ur still here lol never wish ill on any true blue gmen.