Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    1) Can Bynum and Jrue be the two best players on a championship team?
    2) Can you be a championship caliber team with Thaddeus Young as your third best player?
    1, yes, but they would definitely need their own version of tayshaun prince/shane battier/bruce bowen when they found themselves up against lebron and durant deep in the playoffs.
    2, that depends. if he's the third best player and noone below him is better than average (which is actually a better situation than where this team is right now), then no. but if you have jrue and bynum sustaining peak performance and then another group of solid and productive role players behind thad, then yeah, you can with that.
    3) Would you trade Thad/Evan for Rudy Gay?
    4) Would you trade Thad/Evan for Josh Smith?
    5) Would you trade Thad/Evan for Al Jefferson?
    6) Would you trade Thad/Evan for Pau Gasol?
    7) Would you trade Thad/Evan for Eric Gordon?
    8) Would you trade Thad/Evan for David Lee?
    3, no. if he was 22 instead of 26, i'd be up for it, but he's been in the NBA for 7 years now and he just has not improved at all over that time.
    4, no. he's awful. terrible shot selection, terrible effort. tremendously overrated as a defender.
    5, no. i like him, but if the assumption here is that you have a healthy and productive bynum, i'd prefer to pair him with someone who complements his skillset as opposed to duplicate it.
    6, no. the bynum/gasol thing worked in LA because they had lamar odom and kobe bryant, and i don't know that they'd be all that effective in the playoffs without those two.
    7, no. injuries. it'd be one thing if you knew what he'd give you if he was healthy, but he just hasn't played enough for you to even know that.
    8, no. he's a solid player, but thad is just more fun to watch.

9) Would you trade Thad/Evan for Danny Granger?
    10) Would you trade Thad/Evan for Andre Iguodala?
    11) Would you trade Thad/Evan for Paul Pierce?
    12) Would you trade Thad/Evan for Joe Johnson?
    13) Would you trade Thad/Evan Luol Deng?
    14) Would you trade Thad/Evan Amare Stoudemire?
    15) Would you trade Thad/Evan for Monta Ellis?
    9, no. too old, too injured.
    10, no. been there, done that. (although, i think he'd be a great last guy to bring in when you have everything else lined up ahead of a championship run)
    11, no. too old. he's still really good, but if the sixers are building this thing to last, he just does not have enough oil left in the tank.
    12, no. ew. no. no.
    13, no. if chicago is trading him after he's led the NBA in minutes per game the last two years, they probably know something you don't.
    14, no. too old, too injured, too prohibitively expensive.
    15, no. just no.

if i was going to rank a top 5 of those guys, it'd be gay (gap) granger, iguodala, (gap) stoudemire (gap) pierce.

but really, i think any of these deals would be a mistake. i think the smart move right now would be bide your time, develop what you have, and then when you have a clearer idea of what the team looks like with bynum and jrue on the court, you can make a move to change the game.

vCash
    i'd think it's an offer they'd definitely consider. Thad is putting up some pretty good numbers even with his erratic play and E.T's improvement should warrant some value.

I'd be open for moving E.t at the right price, but I'm worried he'll make us regret it and pull a Nikola Vucevic. I actually have no doubt E.T could be a 17-8-5 player on a team like Orlando.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    1, yes, but they would definitely need their own version of tayshaun prince/shane battier/bruce bowen when they found themselves up against lebron and durant deep in the playoffs.
    2, that depends. if he's the third best player and noone below him is better than average (which is actually a better situation than where this team is right now), then no. but if you have jrue and bynum sustaining peak performance and then another group of solid and productive role players behind thad, then yeah, you can with that.

3, no. if he was 22 instead of 26, i'd be up for it, but he's been in the NBA for 7 years now and he just has not improved at all over that time.
    4, no. he's awful. terrible shot selection, terrible effort. tremendously overrated as a defender.
    5, no. i like him, but if the assumption here is that you have a healthy and productive bynum, i'd prefer to pair him with someone who complements his skillset as opposed to duplicate it.
    6, no. the bynum/gasol thing worked in LA because they had lamar odom and kobe bryant, and i don't know that they'd be all that effective in the playoffs without those two.
    7, no. injuries. it'd be one thing if you knew what he'd give you if he was healthy, but he just hasn't played enough for you to even know that.
    8, no. he's a solid player, but thad is just more fun to watch.

9, no. too old, too injured.
    10, no. been there, done that. (although, i think he'd be a great last guy to bring in when you have everything else lined up ahead of a championship run)
    11, no. too old. he's still really good, but if the sixers are building this thing to last, he just does not have enough oil left in the tank.
    12, no. ew. no. no.
    13, no. if chicago is trading him after he's led the NBA in minutes per game the last two years, they probably know something you don't.
    14, no. too old, too injured, too prohibitively expensive.
    15, no. just no.

if i was going to rank a top 5 of those guys, it'd be gay (gap) granger, iguodala, (gap) stoudemire (gap) pierce.

but really, i think any of these deals would be a mistake. i think the smart move right now would be bide your time, develop what you have, and then when you have a clearer idea of what the team looks like with bynum and jrue on the court, you can make a move to change the game.
    you cant trade garbage for gold you have to draw the line somewhere

2012 allstar

vCash
    This is a stupid thread nothing but fantasies to get peoples minds off this miserable season that has an eternity left until it ends.The Sixers are what they are a 16-23 train wreck going nowhere with lousy players that have little trade value that people on this board overrate like hell to make themselves feel better or make themselves feel like theres hope if we trade Thad Young for Derrick Rose. Were stuck with these players, and there is nothing this FO can do with this pile of **** they created with their brilliance so some of you are just going to have to get with reality, and get used to it.

vCash
    I guess that's at least partially true...I'll play anyway.

1) Can Bynum and Jrue be the two best players on a championship team? No. I think Jrue is entering a window where he can be the 2nd best player....or maybe an equal player on a two headed monster. But I lack belief in Bynum.
    2) Can you be a championship caliber team with Thaddeus Young as your third best player? No. He's more impressive in the regular season than the post season. He always has, and always will be. ET, despite his shortcomings, is a better post season 3rd best player than Thad.
    3) Would you trade Thad/Evan for Rudy Gay? No. I could see Evan playing a role as 3rd banana as well as Rudy....and more importantly at less coin.
    4) Would you trade Thad/Evan for Josh Smith? No. Not convinced he's any better as 3rd best player than ET for the post season. Even if he is, it's slight enough that it's not worth the extended mediocrity after he is re-signed.
    5) Would you trade Thad/Evan for Al Jefferson? Not unless I am in love with extended mediocrity and/or a bad defensive front court pairing in Jefferson/Bynum.
    6) Would you trade Thad/Evan for Pau Gasol? No. He's past his prime and doesn't offer a role we currently need unless Bynum is gone. If Gasol was the final piece to our contender puzzle then, yeah. But he's not.
    7) Would you trade Thad/Evan for Eric Gordon? Oh damn, I dunno I might. I haven't watched Gordon play enough to have a strong opinion. But he's pretty good and would give us quite the potent back court.
    8) Would you trade Thad/Evan for David Lee? No.
    9) Would you trade Thad/Evan for Danny Granger? If I thought we were 1 piece away from a title, I would do that. But we aren't. He could start at SF and give us the flexibility to move to PF against teams like Miami and NY when they go small....which they do a lot.
    10) Would you trade Thad/Evan for Andre Iguodala? Ouch. A Jrue/Iggy/Bynum three headed monster would mean contention. (if Bynum can still be counted on to play). I realize Iggy might be here only one more season, but I'd probably do it. He wouldn't be allowed to uncork too many threes unless he got back to his smaller size of last season, though. The general trend with Iggy for many seasons now....the bigger he is the more off his shot is.
    11) Would you trade Thad/Evan for Paul Pierce? No. He's probably still a better player than Iggy/Granger. But he's an aging 1st or 2nd banana. He's not the role player/3rd banana we need.
    12) Would you trade Thad/Evan for Joe Johnson? **** no. Past his prime, and not the role player/3rd banana we need.
    13) Would you trade Thad/Evan Luol Deng? ****. Tough one. I dunno. If I believed he was the one piece we lacked for contention, then yes i would. But we aren't....kind of similar to the Danny Granger option.
    14) Would you trade Thad/Evan for Amare Stoudemire? No. That would be stupid.
    15) Monta? No. That would be stupid.

Posting this reminded me how it made infinitely more sense to me at the time of the trade to only make the move for Bynum if we could keep Iggy. We'd have a 2-3 year window of contention, maybe. Jrue/Bynum/Iggy would fit together...especially if Iggy was at the lighter weight of last season (he could hit higher percentage on threes). I'm of the opinion that any trade for Bynum means you better have a 2-3 year window in mind, and not the long term due to his knees. I think the Sixers made the move as if they were thinking long term. That's sadly probably a mistake. Bynum has the legs of an older player.
    Last edited by wannabGM; 01-18-2013 at 05:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 76erEaglePhils View Post
    This is a stupid thread nothing but fantasies to get peoples minds off this miserable season that has an eternity left until it ends.The Sixers are what they are a 16-23 train wreck going nowhere with lousy players that have little trade value that people on this board overrate like hell to make themselves feel better or make themselves feel like theres hope if we trade Thad Young for Derrick Rose. Were stuck with these players, and there is nothing this FO can do with this pile of **** they created with their brilliance so some of you are just going to have to get with reality, and get used to it.
    1) Of course it's a fantasy thread. I thought of this when I was watching the Sixers-Hornets game with a friend and we started shooting the **** for fun and thinking of hypothetical trades if Jrue and Bynum ever proved to be a formidable duo. It's a game. For fun. Calm down.

2) You realize your hyperboles to insult other posters just make you sound like a bitter little kid, right? This is all for fun, and no one here thinks we could ever trade Thad for Derrick Rose.

3) We are all well aware of the poor play from the Sixers. You pointing that out just to put us down doesn't make you smart. It makes you a prick. And just because the Sixers are having a horrible season doesn't mean we can't talk about anything we want to.

4) I really don't understand your motives for ever coming to this forum. All you do is pop in every once in a while to talk **** and put people down.

5) If it's a stupid thread, stay out of it. Clearly you're above this conversation and better than us all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    GTFOH!!!
    hahaha

vCash
    downer much?

vCash
    That post isn't just a downer, it's totally wrong. 'They are what they are' has barely ever applied less than it does to this team. Our best player, a dominating young big man, hasn't even stepped onto the floor yet. We're more likely to undergo a significant change in what we are than just about any team in the league right now, except maybe the Bulls. Not guaranteed, because of course he could never play for us, but still more likely than just about any other team.
    We are what we are? Nope.

Also lol at those trades being ridiculous fantasies. It's like the furthest thing from that - a whole spectrum of trades, most of which none of us would do, and none of which are home runs, designed for the purpose of gauging a general, moderate opinion - it's nothing like some Thad for Rose dream. It's entirely possible that not a single one of those guys will even be an All Star, let along a Rose.

Such a ridiculous post.

vCash
    Your drastic negativity makes you sound silly if your THAT down on this team then you where most likely one of the few who had crazy expectations to begin with like 2nd seed or something

2012 allstar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    1. Possibly. But I need to see Bynum in a featured role; which he's not yet had. But this 'third guy' needs to be pretty damn good. (Can you say Iggy?)
    2. No
    3-15. Give me the best player who can play defense...play consistently...and lead. That could possible be Gasol, David Lee, Iggy, Deng.
    Agree with Ricky 100% on this, altbhough there are a few on the list that are head-scratchers...ex: Amare? no, just no because he would NEVER play defense, play consistently...

vCash
    1) Can Bynum and Jrue be the two best players on a championship team?
    -Yes, but the rest of the team has to be good defensively and play smart, ie sixers role players circa 2001.
    2) Can you be a championship caliber team with Thaddeus Young as your third best player?
    -No, he should be a 6th man on a title team.... or at least have bigger defending 4s behind him.
    3) Would you trade Thad/Evan for Rudy Gay?
    -I dunno, tough one.... if we move thad and evan then gays contract doesnt hurt. my gut says yes, as long as he can get to the lane/FT-line more.
    4) Would you trade Thad/Evan for Josh Smith?
    -yes, but for different reasons than his play.... its a good financial move cause hes a FA... and if atlanta is doing this deal its because they want those guys and we can prob squeeze a 1st rounder out of them. but it would never happen because they have horford, and have zero need for thad.... theyd prefer the cap room.
    5) Would you trade Thad/Evan for Al Jefferson?
    -yes, i think he could play the pick and pop with jrue well. hes got a good 15-foot jumper, and potentially big/talented frontline on par with memphis. also, his FA status doesnt hurt.
    6) Would you trade Thad/Evan for Pau Gasol?
    -no.... hes slowing down too much, tired of trading for guys 2+ years out of their prime.
    7) Would you trade Thad/Evan for Eric Gordon?
    -i dont like him at all, but yes.... am i allowed to trade him for someone i like better? lol.... NO wouldnt do it unless he really doesnt want to be a pelican. lol.
    8) Would you trade Thad/Evan for David Lee?
    -i want to say yes, but that contract is unreal... tough one.... near 20-10 guy.... but hes 30, and under conract til hes like 34..... gut says no, giving up a lot of flexibility with that contract.
    9) Would you trade Thad/Evan for Danny Granger?
    -no, overrated
    -yes.... as a 3rd/4th banana, fast break leader.... would be an excellent fit. unfortunately he still doesnt attack the rim. on a short-term contract tho, i gotta just admit that id do it.... as long as he doesnt think hes the number 1 guy, or ever play like he is.
    11) Would you trade Thad/Evan for Paul Pierce?
    no, old, celtic, hate him
    12) Would you trade Thad/Evan for Joe Johnson?
    -no, overrated, terrible contract.
    13) Would you trade Thad/Evan Luol Deng?
    -yes, but id prefer iggy because of the fast break ability.
    14) Would you trade Thad/Evan Amare Stoudemire?
    -no
    15) Would you trade Thad/Evan for Monta Ellis?
    -yeah, short term contract, curious to see how hed play with holiday.

gotta pay the troll toll

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12