Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Might Heat pursue Nuggets center Mozgov?

An intriguing big man has emerged on the trading block that the Miami Heat could go after.

League sources said the Denver Nuggets are looking to deal center Timofey Mozgov, who has been unable to get much playing time on a deep team and has an expiring contract. Mozgov is aware he could be moved by the Feb. 21 trade deadline.

It think its logical, you can see that, trading me, Mozgov said in an interview with FOX Sports Florida. Im in my contract year. So if they can get something for me I dont think it would be a surprise for me (to be traded).
    http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/01/1...blockID=849199

vCash
    the only things they could give us that we would be interested in would be sixers 2013 pick and norris cole

i would do mozgov for cole personally

vCash
    Mozzy for RayRay 8)

vCash
    I think this team is average (or below) in the backcourt so if 2-3 player package could improve the backcourt that is something Denver should consider.

I think KK/Mcgee at center and Farried/Gallo/Chandler at forwards are a good (not great) collections of players at those positions.

Iggy/Ty/Miller all have had some good moments here and there but I think a pass first guard who could really defend the other teams PG would help this team in my opinion. Iggy can do a good job defending the SG when he puts his mind to it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    I think this team is average (or below) in the backcourt so if 2-3 player package could improve the backcourt that is something Denver should consider.

I think KK/Mcgee at center and Farried/Gallo/Chandler at forwards are a good (not great) collections of players at those positions.

Iggy/Ty/Miller all have had some good moments here and there but I think a pass first guard who could really defend the other teams PG would help this team in my opinion. Iggy can do a good job defending the SG when he puts his mind to it.
    it would mean we have to trade either miller or ty,and that PG you are talking about we have in Stone i think(and i hope),so i would try and trade Mozzy,Brewer for RayRay+expiring and start giving stone some minutes or send him,jham and evan to dleague with miller so when we need them we can call them and they will actually know hot to play together...
    Stone,Evan,JHam,Miller,C they would win every game there lol

vCash
    The Nuggets have a complex picture. Its hard to know who to move. Stone could be an asset but if he doesn't play I do not know if it matters. I think Farried and Gallo probably have the most trade value. McGee and TY just signed large deals but have talent so its hard to say what their demand would be. Chandler has talent. Brewer gives a good amount of production on a small contract. KK could also be wanted. I think he has built up his value this season. A defensive coach might want Iggy despite the 15-16 mill salary. It is just really hard to say who is best to move and who is best to keep on this roster. Maybe a Eric Gordon coming off injury would be a worthwhile risk? Maybe a package for Al Jefferson?

vCash
    Wouldn't mind James Jones if Moz is dealt. Heat don't play him and we need a shooter.

vCash
    I was at a Pepsi Center charity event last night that had Mammoth, Avalanche and Nuggets players in attendance. The funny thing about television is that it is hard to determine the actual sizes of the athlete's playing the sports. So I was surprised when I saw some of the Nuggets key players thinking they were much taller than they actually are. KK reminds me of Chris Anderson, Kenneth Faried seems like he is more like 6' 6" then 6' 8" and while Javale, Danilo seem to be there listed heights Ty seems more like 5' 10".

But to get back on topic Timofey Mozgov is an imposing figure and is every bit of his 7' 1", 265lb listing if not bigger. I know being injured during the first part of the season allowed KK and JaVale to move in front of him but I think the Nuggets will regret trading him!

vCash
    NBA height and weight are always over-exaggerated usually when they list someone at some height you gotta minus 2-3 inches give or take...i saw lebron a few nights ago when they played the lakers and he didnt really look 6'9 but i doubt the nuggets will regret it unless they get some bums and a hand towel in return

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DJiC View Post
    NBA height and weight are always over-exaggerated usually when they list someone at some height you gotta minus 2-3 inches give or take...i saw lebron a few nights ago when they played the lakers and he didnt really look 6'9 but i doubt the nuggets will regret it unless they get some bums and a hand towel in return
    I can back this statement up. Lmao I remember seeing steve blake warming up one night and he looked 5'10 himself. No bigger then lawson really yet hes listed 6'3
    Rainbow City Redemption

vCash
    official NBA height is measured with shoes on just so you guys know kinda explains a lot haha