Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Foye View Post
    Neymar to Munich rumor the day.after they announce Guardiola. Seems like they are not kidding in their will to be a European.force for years to come.
    They've been a legit contender for the past 60 years. This isn't exactly news.

vCash
    Check Guardiola new 2nd coach

http://www9.gsp.ro//usr/thumbs/thumb...yern1-bild.jpg

Now that´s an improvment

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyTeam View Post
    They've been a legit contender for the past 60 years. This isn't exactly news.
    Other than.in.the 70s they have always had ups and downs though. Now it.seems.like they have the will to spend and establish themselves as a top 3 club which has not been their direction so far. They.never wanted or were able to be the big spenders like Real or Barca. Now its c ertainly looking like they're making an effort to spend more to be.consistently.a top force in Europe (BL they obviously.always are).

vCash
    Very interesting and probably very wise move on Pep's part. He listens to Cruijff, and it's known that Cruijff is impressed with Bayern as a well run club, maybe that had some influence on his decision.

I'd already been living in dread that a coach I really like would wind up going to a team I absolutely loathe, so I'm really pleased about this move. I have no reason to particularly dislike Bayern and I was cheering for them in the CL final, which would up with the most undeserving winner ever.

City have only become loathsome since the Arabs took over, but I have hated Chavski for decades, long before the insane Russian came along. I'm sad to see a number of US Chavscum fans here, you guys could really pick so many more worthy clubs to support.

vCash
    First things first: Im sad to see Don Jupp go. He has Bayern playing some of best football I have seen in many years. That said, this Pep signing is very exciting not just for Bayern but for the whole BL. The BL has been rising in status the last few years but this will greatly help their worldwide marketing. Hopefully this means more exposure, more TV deals outside of Germany and therefore more money for BL teams to spend (which would also make the league even more competitive).

For Bayern I only hope that this does not change their stance on signing young German talent. Sammer came out just a few weeks ago saying that Bayerns transfer targets would be exclusively young German players like Kirschhoff (already signed) or Goretzka, Rode, Jung etc. I don't want Pep to bring anybody over from Barca unless they are youth players. No to someone like Pedro or Adriano.

All in all. I am excited for this move but first I want to see Don Jupp ride off into the sunset by winning the treble!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Germa_Rican View Post
    First things first: Im sad to see Don Jupp go. He has Bayern playing some of best football I have seen in many years. That said, this Pep signing is very exciting not just for Bayern but for the whole BL. The BL has been rising in status the last few years but this will greatly help their worldwide marketing. Hopefully this means more exposure, more TV deals outside of Germany and therefore more money for BL teams to spend (which would also make the league even more competitive).

For Bayern I only hope that this does not change their stance on signing young German talent. Sammer came out just a few weeks ago saying that Bayerns transfer targets would be exclusively young German players like Kirschhoff (already signed) or Goretzka, Rode, Jung etc. I don't want Pep to bring anybody over from Barca unless they are youth players. No to someone like Pedro or Adriano.

All in all. I am excited for this move but first I want to see Don Jupp ride off into the sunset by winning the treble!
    they said that's one of the reasons that pep picked bayern because of their youth system. pep understands the importance of developing youth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    Very interesting and probably very wise move on Pep's part. He listens to Cruijff, and it's known that Cruijff is impressed with Bayern as a well run club, maybe that had some influence on his decision.

I'd already been living in dread that a coach I really like would wind up going to a team I absolutely loathe, so I'm really pleased about this move. I have no reason to particularly dislike Bayern and I was cheering for them in the CL final, which would up with the most undeserving winner ever.

City have only become loathsome since the Arabs took over, but I have hated Chavski for decades, long before the insane Russian came along. I'm sad to see a number of US Chavscum fans here, you guys could really pick so many more worthy clubs to support.
    4th coach that leaves barcelona for bayern munich

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D1RoseJM View Post
    they said that's one of the reasons that pep picked bayern because of their youth system. pep understands the importance of developing youth.
    This is true and good to hear. Though in the short term the German media is going in a frenzy about who Guardiola will bring with him. This is were I don't want too much change in transfer strategy.

Also a bit scared about what this means for Mario Gomez. Seems like Guardiola doesn't really like these big striker types. Hope he doesn't sell him off like he did Eto'o and Ibra.

vCash
    This is true and good to hear. Though in the short term the German media is going in a frenzy about who Guardiola will bring with him. This is were I don't want too much change in transfer strategy.

Also a bit scared about what this means for Mario Gomez. Seems like Guardiola doesn't really like these big striker types. Hope he doesn't sell him off like he did Eto'o and Ibra.
    you guys dont have messi pep was a genious by letting messi take over the 9 position, even though it wasn't the original idea. eto didn't like playing wide and ibra neither. ibra couldn't stand that messi was flourishing in that position

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D1RoseJM View Post
    you guys dont have messi pep was a genious by letting messi take over the 9 position, even though it wasn't the original idea. eto didn't like playing wide and ibra neither. ibra couldn't stand that messi was flourishing in that position
    Obviously we don't have Messi... Im just wondering out loud what happens if Pep wants to install a similar system without the typical big striker in the middle. Or will he adapt to a similar system that Jupp is using.

vCash
    Obviously we don't have Messi... Im just wondering out loud what happens if Pep wants to install a similar system without the typical big striker in the middle. Or will he adapt to a similar system that Jupp is using.
    he had actually always wanted a real #9 and was one of the reasons why barcelona bought ibra for so much money. eto wasn't going to resign and barcelona wasn't going to lose him for nothing so they brought in ibra. Pep wanted ibra as his #9 with messi and henry playing on the flanks while occasionally messi going into the the false 9 position. messi had already shown glimpses of how effective he could be at that position the season before when teams would park the bus against them.

vCash

Young talents won't get you far in Europe. Eventually, you are going to lose to a more experienced team. You need proven players to win the Champions League which seems to be Munich's goal.

Out of said players, IMO Jung and Goretzka are the players that Munich should target, IMO.

Jung is the German right back of the future and Lahm can't continue playing 60+ games over 90 minutes for years to come. That will wear him down and affect his play.
    Actually, it has already affected his play. This season is the first season in years he is somewhat close to being the player he can be, although I still don't think he is at 100%. Last season he was downright awful. Although, when he is playing awful he is still better than most of the right backs out there.

Kirchhoff? I'm a fan of Mainz 05. That signing is IMHO completely pointless.
    I get why Munich signed him because he is a talented German player and they didn't risk much because he comes without a transfer fee. Even for Mainz he is kind of inconsistent, though.

Realistically, Kirchhoff should've gone to Leverkusen if he wanted to develop as a player.
    I don't know if you have seen much of him but there is no reason to believe that he'll be anything more than Bayern Munich's fourth center back.
    In Leverkusen he would've had a realistic chance of getting serious minutes. Wollscheid is probably a tier above him but he would've had a realistic chance of taking Toprak's spot.
    Young players need games to develop. Training can only get you so far, you need to play.

Rode? Same procedure. I get why they would sign him because he's cheap at 2.5 mil. and a talented defensive midfielder. However, they have Schweinsteiger, Luiz Gustavo and Javi Martinez in front of him. Then they have Alaba, who can and probably wants to play in midfield in the future.
    And on top of that they have Emre Can, one of the most promissing young talents in Germany and Pierre Emil Hojbjerg who is also said to be an amazing talent at that same position. There really is no need to go after Rode. I would resign Tymo until 2014 as a stop gap defensive midfielder until Can is ready for regular minutes at the pros.

Goretzka does not make much sense either as a defensive midfielder but I guess with him you can make an exception because of being incredibly talented.
    I have deep respect for him because he is a starting defensive midfielder in the 2nd BL at age 17. Signing and parking him in Bochum or a lower level Bundesliga club for another season or two should be a good option.

vCash
    Young talents won't get you far in Europe. Eventually, you are going to lose to a more experienced team. You need proven players to win the Champions League which seems to be Munich's goal.
    Agreed on a short term basis. But there needs to be a constant influx of talented youth to sustain consistent success.

Out of said players, IMO Jung and Goretzka are the players that Munich should target, IMO.

Jung is the German right back of the future and Lahm can't continue playing 60+ games over 90 minutes for years to come. That will wear him down and affect his play.
    Actually, it has already affected his play. This season is the first season in years he is somewhat close to being the player he can be, although I still don't think he is at 100%. Last season he was downright awful. Although, when he is playing awful he is still better than most of the right backs out there.
    Jung has been fantastic for Frankfurt this season just as Rode has been. Jung I see as a definite purchase as you implied. Promising fullbacks are very hard to find these days, especially in Germany (see German National Team!).

Rode in my opinion has been Frankfurts driving force this season (Along with Maier). I am very impressed by his play. This does not mean I see him as a necessity for Bayern just as a realistic target. If signed they should be given the Lahm/Kroos/Alaba/ect. treatment. Long term loan to other BL squads. If they develop, keep them. If not let them go.

Kirchhoff? I'm a fan of Mainz 05. That signing is IMHO completely pointless.
    I get why Munich signed him because he is a talented German player and they didn't risk much because he comes without a transfer fee. Even for Mainz he is kind of inconsistent, though.

Realistically, Kirchhoff should've gone to Leverkusen if he wanted to develop as a player.
    I don't know if you have seen much of him but there is no reason to believe that he'll be anything more than Bayern Munich's fourth center back.
    In Leverkusen he would've had a realistic chance of getting serious minutes. Wollscheid is probably a tier above him but he would've had a realistic chance of taking Toprak's spot.
    Young players need games to develop. Training can only get you so far, you need to play.
    I see him every now and then for a complete game only I admit. I usually watch the Konferenz on Sky so I catch glimpses of him. I'm guessing he will be used as insurance as DVB is sure to leave at the end of the season. Though you are right, it is sad that he will most likely lose a year in development if he sits on the bench at Bayer (see Petersen last season e.g.)

Goretzka does not make much sense either as a defensive midfielder but I guess with him you can make an exception because of being incredibly talented.
    I have deep respect for him because he is a starting defensive midfielder in the 2nd BL at age 17. Signing and parking him in Bochum or a lower level Bundesliga club for another season or two should be a good option.
    Def. one of my favorite players right now. If he continues to develop at the current pace he can be great. He is already huge physically. Hopefully he can see some 1. BL time somewhere in the near future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by O_T-1 View Post
    Well Mourinho well go to England and i can see only City and Chelsea as avaiable....
    It isn't about what Mou wants,but what would Man City managers thinking,I think Mou will be one of their last options if you ask me

Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    Now we'll get to see if Guardiola was a great coach or not. I believe he's a very good coach but not sure if he's one of the best. I remember him as a player and thought he'd make a good coach... let's see

I've had Bayern to win the CL for 3 years now (4th now), maybe Pep can get it done
    He has already proved himself ,Yes continuity is important for anyone legacy ,but even a fail in bayern won't discredit what he has done with us

NATALIA SIWIEC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Pharouh View Post
    It isn't about what Mou wants,but what would Man City managers thinking,I think Mou will be one of their last options if you ask me
    True ... its not about what Mourinho wants but he normally gets what he wants

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast