Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 73
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Ain't no party like an SF party
    Posts
    6,714
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GailGoodrich View Post
    Yes, Howard's FT shooting is a weakness that other teams can exploit. And if Bynum was still on the team we wouldn't have to worry about that. We'd have to worry about the fact that we didn't have a center, and when we did have a center he played like a disaffected stoner, but you're right -- Dwight Howard's FT shooting is not optimal. And I expect a few more coaches to try to exploit that issue.

    My biggest concern about Hack-a-Smaq, however, is not Howard's FT shooting, it's that many of the fouls against Howard are serious blows, and could easily exacerbate his should issues. Which probably won't help his FT shooting, now that I think about it.

    Ultimately the only way to deal with the problem is to face it. If we're ever lucky enough to get deep into the playoffs with Howard, he'll either have to step up or sit on the pine. Having seen Shaq go through the same thing, however, I just can't get too worked up over it, particularly given all the positives to having Howard aboard.
    Nice reply bro, and I know you know I am not trying to defend Bynum in any way. Just trying to poke at Howard's infallible image a little to try and wake him and his staunchest supporters up to the fact that he needs to get up off his duff (figuratively speaking of course) and start going into beast mode every night. I mean we lost every single pre-season game and we are sub .500 now. I don't say that's all his doing but we did hire him to fill a certain role with us and that is to carry along an older roster and get us if possible into the playoffs. Once there we have all the right pieces to win in a playoff style series. Thanks for the great comment bro.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    26,771
    vCash
    1500
    I miss pre leg injury bynum, would've been epic. After the two injuries, both against memphis on both legs, he was never the same

    I think the time out allowed him too much time to himself.

    but, i do think a fully healthy Bynum is better than Dwight.

    This is how we do it! I still believe



  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,395
    vCash
    1500
    I liked Bynum but Howard is on our team now and we need to support him 100%. Dwight hasn't had time to be judged correctly. Everyone just expected him to come in and be a MVP right away. We still haven't seen the best Dwight and he's been pretty good this year.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Ain't no party like an SF party
    Posts
    6,714
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ohdouger View Post
    I agree with you. It is difficult to watch so far this year. Call me crazy, but last year everyone on this board was screaming for Mitch to make a trade for Dwight, they couldn't stand Bynum and all his baby stuff. I think for someone who had major off-season back surgery, has had to learn 2 offenses, he is doing pretty good averaging 18/10. Could it be better? Absoutely. But when he gets healthy, more comfortable in the offense, I think it will all be good. Does his free-throw shooting concern me? Heck yeah...but remember I lived through Shaq, who couldn't throw it in the ocean if he was standing on the beach. Maybe I am a glass half full guy, rather than half empty. I don't know. Lakers have been my team since 1971, have lived and died with every season. This one is no different. Pretty sure the front office knows what they are doing, even if we think they don't. They have a plan. Promise you this, even with all his shortcomings, they will sign Dwight to a Max Deal without even thinking about it. And right now, I doubt Phily does that with Bynum. Don't miss him at all. Not even alittle bit.
    Go Niners and Giants and agreed with all your points. Yes I have been a P&G guy since the sixties when I was a little kid watching them with my dad. If we can limp into the playoffs and have everyone healthy when there we still have a fighting chance. The game slows down and it becomes more defensive. But we have to take a page out of Doc Rivers' play book and just chalk it up to whatever but leave the past in the past. It's time to start over with a positive attitude and a healthy dose of 110% effort every night from all the players on our team. leave it all out on the floor and let the chips fall where they may. And if they can do at least that I will be happy. Then we know that it was the best we could do with what we have and we got to see some beautiful basketball along the way.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Ain't no party like an SF party
    Posts
    6,714
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tymathee View Post
    I miss pre leg injury bynum, would've been epic. After the two injuries, both against memphis on both legs, he was never the same

    I think the time out allowed him too much time to himself.

    but, i do think a fully healthy Bynum is better than Dwight.
    Nice reply but the Niners are going all the way with the greatest sensation to rule the nation Collin Kaepernick!!!!

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Ain't no party like an SF party
    Posts
    6,714
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Eg714 View Post
    I liked Bynum but Howard is on our team now and we need to support him 100%. Dwight hasn't had time to be judged correctly. Everyone just expected him to come in and be a MVP right away. We still haven't seen the best Dwight and he's been pretty good this year.
    Agreed

  7. #37
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,097
    vCash
    1500
    You are absolutely correct! I am with ya! We definitely need 110% effort (something that has been lacking). I too watched them with my Dad (hating the Celtics all the way). Will talk to ya on down the road. Go Lakers! Let's do this. Beat the Heat for 3 in a row.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Ain't no party like an SF party
    Posts
    6,714
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ohdouger View Post
    You are absolutely correct! I am with ya! We definitely need 110% effort (something that has been lacking). I too watched them with my Dad (hating the Celtics all the way). Will talk to ya on down the road. Go Lakers! Let's do this. Beat the Heat for 3 in a row.
    And the Heat are going through a slump right now they are ripe to fall....Goooo Lakers!!!

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In the clouds
    Posts
    6,230
    vCash
    1500
    M
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Great_One View Post
    Hey I hate Bynum's knees, inconsistency, attitude, etc.... But what have you seen this year from Dwight that's any better? What have you seen from Dwight that makes you believe he will carry the torch for Kobe after he retires. I mean we know Drew wouldn't have done that. But Dwight? Come on man Dwight has so much potential and demonstrates so little of it on a nightly basis that we are discussing his merits purely on past accomplishments and not on what he's doing right now. Right now he has us at a sub .500 clip and it doesn't look to be getting much better soon.
    oh come on man. Do you not watch the games? Howard has looked as strong and quick as ever. His back is starting to be back to 100% or really close to it. He's jumping high, blocking **** with his ELBOW.

    He loves LA and wants to stay here. We're all scared that he wants to leave, but he wants that huge paycheck (bird rights) come next year and he wants to lead our team in the future, I'm sure. He and Kobe may not have the best relationship right now, but that will smooth over as the season progresses. Kobe was feeding Dwight all night last night. See those lobs? Kobe could have easily shot, but he's seeing that defense and spreading the ball is winning games, not "Kobe chuck mode". Relax a bit homie lol

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    15,522
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    As for the other part.
    No.
    We HAVE to build around dwight.
    And if we can we NEED to bring Lebron or Melo in 2014.

    So we ahve to be extracarefull to not trade for any contract that surpasses 2014 or player who needs a reup.
    Melo? Then you'll hate him like you did with Kobe.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    447
    vCash
    1500
    This is a stupid post...First of all, why would anyone miss Bynum when he can't even play? How many seasons of Bynum being hurt did we endure? I feel like every year I was saying "When we get Bynum back..." except for the last year. And also, Dwight Howard is hurt. He has come out and said that he doesn't feel 100%. Stan Van Gundy came out and said Dwight doesn't look like the same player. Give him some time.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Ain't no party like an SF party
    Posts
    6,714
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    M

    oh come on man. Do you not watch the games? Howard has looked as strong and quick as ever. His back is starting to be back to 100% or really close to it. He's jumping high, blocking **** with his ELBOW.

    He loves LA and wants to stay here. We're all scared that he wants to leave, but he wants that huge paycheck (bird rights) come next year and he wants to lead our team in the future, I'm sure. He and Kobe may not have the best relationship right now, but that will smooth over as the season progresses. Kobe was feeding Dwight all night last night. See those lobs? Kobe could have easily shot, but he's seeing that defense and spreading the ball is winning games, not "Kobe chuck mode". Relax a bit homie lol
    Hehe okay bro I hear ya and I am with ya. Hey we have to be a little tough on our players. Look what being soft did for the Nets and look how they are now. We can't just give Howard or Kobe or anyone a free pass just because of who they are and what they accomplished in the past. Plus I didn't see that game last night so I have an excuse. I went to see Gang Squad pretty good movie not great.
    Last edited by The_Great_One; 01-16-2013 at 05:26 PM.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    las vegas
    Posts
    10,026
    vCash
    1500
    Ridiculous.

    Only Laker fans

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Ain't no party like an SF party
    Posts
    6,714
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobe24FIRE View Post
    This is a stupid post...First of all, why would anyone miss Bynum when he can't even play? How many seasons of Bynum being hurt did we endure? I feel like every year I was saying "When we get Bynum back..." except for the last year. And also, Dwight Howard is hurt. He has come out and said that he doesn't feel 100%. Stan Van Gundy came out and said Dwight doesn't look like the same player. Give him some time.
    Okay bro I know nobody reads the provisos and the quid pro quos and what not but I came right out and said right off the top that this wasn't a straight up comparison of the two and I don't want Bynum back. I was merely comparing how with Bynum we were one of the top ten teams in the league and with Dwight we are a sub .500 team perhaps not even making the playoffs. I don't think it has everything to do with Dwight's upside which we know is unlimited. I think it has a lot to do with Chemistry. He just has zero chemistry with this team so far. I didn't see last night's game but perhaps I stand corrected.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Ain't no party like an SF party
    Posts
    6,714
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by championships View Post
    Ridiculous.

    Only Laker fans
    Hey we are the greatest fans on the planet. I know we are the most spoiled. I know we are the most pretentious and unrealistic. I know we think our shiznit doesn't stink. But hey can you blame us?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •