Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Great_One View Post
    Okay good point Crooner I see what you mean. I guess it was a pipe dream I had to think that Kobe would get another ring or two. Financially and realistically you are absolutely right. Howard will be a whole lot better with young talent around him in 2014.
    LAKERs have to win more rings.
    The players dont matter.
    We could actually win a ring this year or next with a DIFFERENT COACH, a Healthy and focused gasol and a KObe that accepts to share the ball.

And no one tells he couldnt sign back in 2014 if he accets a LOW salary to make the F.A signings happening and thus making his chances at more rings higher ( same for pau) but if they want more than 3 millions a year they need to hit the door.
    ]

vCash
    He sure is keeping the sixer bench warm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    No, i dont miss him at all.
    This.
    Howard is getting healthy as well and is looking beastttttt!

vCash
    Not even close!
    The future?

vCash
    Is there really someone out there that believes that a guy that has played through injuries is not better than the other guy who got hurt bowling... WTF?!

vCash
    I miss his better post moves than Howard, that's about it. Howard is better in almost every other way...more athletic, stronger, quicker, less injury-prone. Even though Howard has a kid mentality sometimes, Bynum always had one. The guy just smokes weed at home like a lazy ***.

Bynum had no heart either. I don't miss him or his grandpa knees.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GailGoodrich View Post
    In keeping with the always hyperbolic and absolutist views generally expressed in this forum, you've clearly established a premise that is simply absurd.

Howard is shooting FT's at a 50.6% pace. That's up a tick from last year, but down from his career average of 58.3%.

In his last year with the Lakers, Bynum shot FT's at a 69.2% pace, against a 68.7% career average.

Is Bynum a better FT shooter than Howard? Yes, clearly. But unlike your statement -- which implies that Howard shoots 0% and Bynum shoots 100% -- the gap between the two is about 20%.

What do the Lakers get in exchange for that fall-off in FT production? Well, for starters, they actually get a center who can walk on the court and play basketball. (Or is that part of your argument -- that Bynum hasn't missed a free throw all season, because he hasn't played?)

We now have the all-time leading FT shooter in NBA history on our team. The players other than Howard are pretty good from the line. Howard is more mobile than Bynum, a better defender, and more consistent in his play.

I'm willing to suffer that 20% dip in FT shooting at the 5 in exchange for all the positives Howard brings.
    You know what I mean don't you? You watched the games didn't you? You aren't just speaking based on what you read on some stat sheet are you? What I mean is teams layed off of Bynum down the stretch rather than playing hack-a-Drew. Teams don't lay off of Dwight down the stretch and they play hack-a-Dwight with him. Now I don't claim to be a stat guy or anything but I can still tell you that if Dwight cannot be Dwight with the game on the line and he is unable or unwilling to get 4 blocks a night, and clean up all the garbage around the rim then what good is he to us? But I already know the answer to that question and that is what Crooner said we have him to build around in 2014.

vCash
    I remember back how happy I was the day Dwight was traded to the Lakers, and I still am. 100% all in with Dwight. It will be his team now or eventually. He is a beast. I remember last year when people were so pissed that Bynum jacked up that 3. You could never count on him game to game. Cannot believe Laker fans would even discuss if we were better off with Bynum. Seriously? Not even on his best day is he better than Dwight. The Lakers will figure it out THIS year, and then no one will want them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    I miss his better post moves than Howard, that's about it. Howard is better in almost every other way...more athletic, stronger, quicker, less injury-prone. Even though Howard has a kid mentality sometimes, Bynum always had one. The guy just smokes weed at home like a lazy ***.

Bynum had no heart either. I don't miss him or his grandpa knees.
    Agreed on all your points bro and if we were basing this all purely on potential rather than what we are seeing on the court it would all be peaches and cream in Laker land. But unfortunately Dwight doesn't give a shiznit about his team mates or the city of Los Angeles and he's sucking a check off of our payroll. But alas I still defer back to Crooner's point about 2014. I guess we have to be satisfied with losing in the short term until we can land a top FA in 2014. No more rings for Kobe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ohdouger View Post
    I remember back how happy I was the day Dwight was traded to the Lakers, and I still am. 100% all in with Dwight. It will be his team now or eventually. He is a beast. I remember last year when people were so pissed that Bynum jacked up that 3. You could never count on him game to game. Cannot believe Laker fans would even discuss if we were better off with Bynum. Seriously? Not even on his best day is he better than Dwight. The Lakers will figure it out THIS year, and then no one will want them.
    Hey I hate Bynum's knees, inconsistency, attitude, etc.... But what have you seen this year from Dwight that's any better? What have you seen from Dwight that makes you believe he will carry the torch for Kobe after he retires. I mean we know Drew wouldn't have done that. But Dwight? Come on man Dwight has so much potential and demonstrates so little of it on a nightly basis that we are discussing his merits purely on past accomplishments and not on what he's doing right now. Right now he has us at a sub .500 clip and it doesn't look to be getting much better soon.

vCash
    You know what I mean don't you? You watched the games didn't you? You aren't just speaking based on what you read on some stat sheet are you? What I mean is teams layed off of Bynum down the stretch rather than playing hack-a-Drew. Teams don't lay off of Dwight down the stretch and they play hack-a-Dwight with him. Now I don't claim to be a stat guy or anything but I can still tell you that if Dwight cannot be Dwight with the game on the line and he is unable or unwilling to get 4 blocks a night, and clean up all the garbage around the rim then what good is he to us? But I already know the answer to that question and that is what Crooner said we have him to build around in 2014.
    Yes, Howard's FT shooting is a weakness that other teams can exploit. And if Bynum was still on the team we wouldn't have to worry about that. We'd have to worry about the fact that we didn't have a center, and when we did have a center he played like a disaffected stoner, but you're right -- Dwight Howard's FT shooting is not optimal. And I expect a few more coaches to try to exploit that issue.

My biggest concern about Hack-a-Smaq, however, is not Howard's FT shooting, it's that many of the fouls against Howard are serious blows, and could easily exacerbate his should issues. Which probably won't help his FT shooting, now that I think about it.

Ultimately the only way to deal with the problem is to face it. If we're ever lucky enough to get deep into the playoffs with Howard, he'll either have to step up or sit on the pine. Having seen Shaq go through the same thing, however, I just can't get too worked up over it, particularly given all the positives to having Howard aboard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ILLUSIONIST^248 View Post
    This.
    Howard is getting healthy as well and is looking beastttttt!
    Didn't see the game last night but I am hoping for the best my friend.
    Last edited by The_Great_One; 01-16-2013 at 03:06 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers4sho View Post
    He sure is keeping the sixer bench warm
    Of course my friend Drew was a ticking injury time bomb just waiting to go off. He happened to go off right on queue and not a moment too soon. I was just using him as a measuring stick for what we are realistically seeing from Dwight this year. hardly the Dwight we saw a couple years back in ORL. But he will hopefully keep improving as his back gets better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    LAKERs have to win more rings.
    The players dont matter.
    We could actually win a ring this year or next with a DIFFERENT COACH, a Healthy and focused gasol and a KObe that accepts to share the ball.

And no one tells he couldnt sign back in 2014 if he accets a LOW salary to make the F.A signings happening and thus making his chances at more rings higher ( same for pau) but if they want more than 3 millions a year they need to hit the door.
    You know that's what I was thinking too. I totally believe that Kobe cane easily live off of his bank roll and endorsements and appearances for quite some time without having to sell his Lear jet. I could easily see him accepting the Vet Min and supporting Melo or somebody else in 2014. At that time we can also perhaps get some younger more athletic players to surround Melo, Dwight, and Kobe and perhaps Gasol too. Hey I had to add Gasol too right Crooner?

vCash
    Hey I hate Bynum's knees, inconsistency, attitude, etc.... But what have you seen this year from Dwight that's any better? What have you seen from Dwight that makes you believe he will carry the torch for Kobe after he retires. I mean we know Drew wouldn't have done that. But Dwight? Come on man Dwight has so much potential and demonstrates so little of it on a nightly basis that we are discussing his merits purely on past accomplishments and not on what he's doing right now. Right now he has us at a sub .500 clip and it doesn't look to be getting much better soon.
    I agree with you. It is difficult to watch so far this year. Call me crazy, but last year everyone on this board was screaming for Mitch to make a trade for Dwight, they couldn't stand Bynum and all his baby stuff. I think for someone who had major off-season back surgery, has had to learn 2 offenses, he is doing pretty good averaging 18/10. Could it be better? Absoutely. But when he gets healthy, more comfortable in the offense, I think it will all be good. Does his free-throw shooting concern me? Heck yeah...but remember I lived through Shaq, who couldn't throw it in the ocean if he was standing on the beach. Maybe I am a glass half full guy, rather than half empty. I don't know. Lakers have been my team since 1971, have lived and died with every season. This one is no different. Pretty sure the front office knows what they are doing, even if we think they don't. They have a plan. Promise you this, even with all his shortcomings, they will sign Dwight to a Max Deal without even thinking about it. And right now, I doubt Phily does that with Bynum. Don't miss him at all. Not even alittle bit.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast