Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Anybody Miss Bynum? Happy with Howard?

The title refers to the fact that we were better off with Bynum than we are now with Howard. It doesn't mean I want Bynum back. I think that we can get some nice pieces for Howard or maybe a miracle happens and Howard starts playing in beast mode every night. Bynum is merely used as a measuring stick in this thread to illustrate how bad Howard really is or how little he puts out I should say.

I submit to you that Howard cannot hit a free throw and Bynum could. That alone is a significant disadvantage to our team. In the clutch when it matters you have to have a go to guy who can score with impunity.

Howard doesn't put out full effort. I know Bynum was inconsistent but he could be prodded into putting out with the proper use of reverse psychology or what not. But Howard's already broken up a franchise and held a city hostage for quite some time and he is already so skilled at being a slug. We should have known this and seen it from the beginning.

Bynum had the bad knees, but Howard has the bad back so they cancel each other out.

The number one trump card for showing that Howard is the root cause of all our troubles this year is look at our record. We had Mr. Potato Head last year so you can't say it's Mike D. We didn't have Steve Nash and we had an even more pathetic bench and we were still a top team with a chance.

People do not get all enamored with D12 if he just has one above average game. He is a cancer, he can't shoot free throws, he doesn't put out the effort on a consistent basis, it's all about him (and we already have one guy like that), he cares more about himself than he does his team, the franchise, the legacy of the P&G, winning, going down in history, etc, etc, etc...

Now if he turns it around and I mean really turns it around and we see him in beast mode night in and night out and he's consistently putting us in a position to win then I will change my tune but until then I say we trade him while we still can.
    Last edited by The_Great_One; 01-16-2013 at 01:31 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Great_One View Post
    [B][COLOR="#EE82EE"][SIZE=4]Mods this is relevant and not fodder for being hidden at the back of someone else's thread
    I disagree 100%! .........Your post IS fodder that should be hidden at the back of somebody else's thread.

vCash
    I didnt read anything, except for handle's response. Thanks for saving me the time.

vCash
    Hey to each his own Handle but you give no reason for your opinion. Do you think D12 is back and we can all just get our playoff tickets now along with our D12 Jerseys?
    Last edited by The_Great_One; 01-16-2013 at 05:33 PM.

vCash
    Then you have shown your ignorance as being one who doesn't bother to read something before judging it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jsthornton7 View Post
    I didnt read anything, except for handle's response. Thanks for saving me the time.
    Then you have shown your ignorance as being one who doesn't bother to read something before judging it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by handle View Post
    I disagree 100%! .........Your post IS fodder that should be hidden at the back of somebody else's thread.
    If you look at our record this year along with the way we are getting embarrassed on a consistent basis by almost every team in the league you don't at least attribute some of that to Howard? Okay whatever man just go read false propoganda and keep drinking other people's koolaide.

vCash
    No, i dont miss him at all.

vCash
    whaddup Bynum? How's that playoff knee?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    No, i dont miss him at all.
    Okay I admit bad title it was to get people's attention, had I made the title about how bad Howard sucks versus our expectations of him people never would have bothered to read and the mods would have just tacked this on to some other thread. Bynum is just a measuring stick in this thread. I don't really want that guy back.

vCash
    Okay I admit bad title it was to get people's attention, had I made the title about how bad Howard sucks versus our expectations of him people never would have bothered to read and the mods would have just tacked this on to some other thread. Bynum is just a measuring stick in this thread. I don't really want that guy back.
    As for the other part.
    No.
    We HAVE to build around dwight.
    And if we can we NEED to bring Lebron or Melo in 2014.

So we ahve to be extracarefull to not trade for any contract that surpasses 2014 or player who needs a reup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    As for the other part.
    No.
    We HAVE to build around dwight.
    And if we can we NEED to bring Lebron or Melo in 2014.

So we ahve to be extracarefull to not trade for any contract that surpasses 2014 or player who needs a reup.
    Okay good point Crooner I see what you mean. I guess it was a pipe dream I had to think that Kobe would get another ring or two. Financially and realistically you are absolutely right. Howard will be a whole lot better with young talent around him in 2014.

vCash
    I submit to you that Howard cannot hit a free throw and Bynum could.
    In keeping with the always hyperbolic and absolutist views generally expressed in this forum, you've clearly established a premise that is simply absurd.

Howard is shooting FT's at a 50.6% pace. That's up a tick from last year, but down from his career average of 58.3%.

In his last year with the Lakers, Bynum shot FT's at a 69.2% pace, against a 68.7% career average.

Is Bynum a better FT shooter than Howard? Yes, clearly. But unlike your statement -- which implies that Howard shoots 0% and Bynum shoots 100% -- the gap between the two is about 20%.

What do the Lakers get in exchange for that fall-off in FT production? Well, for starters, they actually get a center who can walk on the court and play basketball. (Or is that part of your argument -- that Bynum hasn't missed a free throw all season, because he hasn't played?)

We now have the all-time leading FT shooter in NBA history on our team. The players other than Howard are pretty good from the line. Howard is more mobile than Bynum, a better defender, and more consistent in his play.

I'm willing to suffer that 20% dip in FT shooting at the 5 in exchange for all the positives Howard brings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J4KOP99 View Post
    whaddup Bynum? How's that playoff knee?
    Gutter ball!

vCash
    the 76ers miss Bynum

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast