19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah

14 73.68%
  • Nah

5 26.32%
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    Anyone else concerned that Mike Kostka, a career AHL journey man and a guy who has never played an NHL game before managed to crack the Leafs number 1 d-man pairing? Is the Leafs defence seriously that bad?
    Because defenseman take longer to develop??

vCash
    How does Orr make the team? All he can do is fight, he cant skate at all and takes stupid penalties.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    Leafs lose in a shootout...Galchenyuk scores his first NHL goal
    You would say this. If he scores his first goal will he give you the puck and mention you during the post-game comments?

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    How does Orr make the team? All he can do is fight, he cant skate at all and takes stupid penalties.
    I was surprised he made it too. I don't know, he's worked hard to be there so I give him credit.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    I like having some nuts on the 4th line. Not like they are going to play much in a 48 game season anyway. Funny that we have more pugnacity,truclence and biligerence on tha team after that fraud Burke leaves.
    Eat Lobster

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lobster View Post
    I like having some nuts on the 4th line. Not like they are going to play much in a 48 game season anyway. Funny that we have more pugnacity,truclence and biligerence on tha team after that fraud Burke leaves.
    How exactly do you get that? I'm pretty sure it was Burke who got Komarov to come over here. He always had Orr and or Rosehill up/signed as well. None of these moves are due to Nonis lol

Anyways, can't wait for the game tonight. Should be a good one, hopefully we can come out and get a few goals. Also looking forward to see our PP, hopefully that improved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    How exactly do you get that? I'm pretty sure it was Burke who got Komarov to come over here. He always had Orr and or Rosehill up/signed as well. None of these moves are due to Nonis lol

Anyways, can't wait for the game tonight. Should be a good one, hopefully we can come out and get a few goals. Also looking forward to see our PP, hopefully that improved.
    I'm pretty sure none of these guys played the last 25 games of the year last year? We were the softest team in the NHL last year. LOL.
    Eat Lobster

vCash
    I'm pretty sure none of these guys played the last 25 games of the year last year? We were the softest team in the NHL last year. LOL.
    That's because Orr just sucks and i'm pretty sure the guy had some head injury. I know he went down to the AHL, but playing 4 minutes a game there isn't exactly very good.

And Carlyle coached the last 18 games last year and Rosehill played in 15 of those.

We're not tougher at all this year, i would say we're actually less since our most physical player was traded, though it was by Burke (Schenn).

The team is still soft as **** and a player like Orr should not be seeing the ice regardless.

vCash

The penalty kill is my major area of concern. That's my biggie to watch tonight. We've been brutal for a long time on the PK.

vCash
    That's because Orr just sucks and i'm pretty sure the guy had some head injury. I know he went down to the AHL, but playing 4 minutes a game there isn't exactly very good.

And Carlyle coached the last 18 games last year and Rosehill played in 15 of those.

We're not tougher at all this year, i would say we're actually less since our most physical player was traded, though it was by Burke (Schenn).

The team is still soft as **** and a player like Orr should not be seeing the ice regardless.
    LOL. Our toughest player last year was Brown....... Schenn never lays a big hit and he fights like a girl, people think because Schenn drags people to the ice that he is tough lol. Rosehill is not a heavyweight. This year we have someone that fits every weight class.
    Eat Lobster

vCash
    LOL. Our toughest player last year was Brown....... Schenn never lays a big hit and he fights like a girl, people think because Schenn drags people to the ice that he is tough lol. Rosehill is not a heavyweight. This year we have someone that fits every weight class.
    I'm not going argue toughness, since you can't really argue it. But Schenn did lead all D in hits last year. But yes, physicality does not equal toughness and I forgot we had Brownie. At least Schenn is willing to fight though haha even though he can't fight at all, he'll still drop the gloves. Got to give him credit for that.

Still though, a guy like Orr should not see the ice regardless. Even if you need toughness you don't put in a man that can't play the actual game of hockey for that, especially when you aren't a very skilled team either.

We're still going to be soft, but Brown is willing to fight most people. Orr doesn't have to play every night, but if a team has a big enforcer you throw him in there. But no way in hell should be be playing every night.

But still, back to my point which I forgot to make lol

We replace out most physical player (Schenn) with basically Kostka or Franson however you want to look at it.
    Brown is still Brown
    Rosehill to Komarov I would definitely say Rosehill was tougher (again can't really judge that, but at least he was willing to fight some bigger guys). Komarov can actually play hockey though, so that's a plus.
    Again, Orr should not see the ice.

And my point, we are really no tougher this year at all... which is very unfortunate. Someday, though. Hopefully we can bring in some physical guys in the top 6 somehow.
    Last edited by blujaysrock; 01-19-2013 at 10:39 AM.

vCash
    Do we know whos starting? I hope its Scrivens, but I'm sure its Reimer
    Hockey- Toronto Maple Leafs
    Basketball- Toronto Raptors
    Baseball- Toronto Blue Jays
    Football - Philadelphia Eagles & San Diego Chargers

vCash
    But Thursday was as eventful and dramatic a day as has been seen in a Leaf camp in recent memory. Among the developments were the following:

• Kadri and newcomer Komarov apparently settling into a potentially high-octane third line to go along with the top line of Phil Kessel, Tyler Bozak, and Joffrey Lupul, and the second line of Mikhail Grabovski between Nik Kulemin and Clarke MacArthur.

• Carlyle admitting which goalie — Ben Scrivens or James Reimer — will start the season Saturday in Montreal “is the toughest decision” he’s had to make in camp. The coach says he has not come to that decision yet.

• A fourth line of Jay McClement between Colton Orr and Mike Brown, leaves David Steckel as an extra forward, but that could change.

• Potential bubble players in Matt Frattin, Mike Kostka, Mark Fraser, and Morgan Rielly. But expect the unexpected with Carlyle, who likes to have a top nine up front as opposed to a top six.

• Carlyle has also hinted at double shifting Phil Kessel on the fourth line. That will be a resort he goes to if the third line is not up to par in any game. Carlyle says he likes his fourth line to be an energy line, and that it will be intact “somewhere in the organization.”

• Mike Komisarek, the final of the three expensive veteran contracts on the club, appears to be a survivor. He has a no-movement clause, which means he can’t be sent to the minors without his approval.

• That means a potential blue line of Dion Phaneuf, John-Michael Liles, Cody Franson, and Carl Gunarsson. Fraser and Korbinian Holzer (who has a one-way contract), were paired Thursday, and could be the third duo. That leaves the injured Jake Gardiner and Komisarek as extras. Kostka could be kept around if Carlyle goes with eight defencemen.

In the meantime, it was a proud day for Kadri, whose trials in making the Leafs over the past years have been widely documented. He appears to have the inside track now that Frattin’s inconsistency has become a factor at camp.

“I thought Matt has had some good days and some just OK days,” Carlyle said.

“He’s got the issue of coming off an injury and he came back into the AHL with a bang, but the last few weeks he’s not been where we expect him to be. Right now, in this period, that’s what assessments are about.

“Nazem has proven he has NHL skills, and he can produce NHL offence,” Carlyle added.

“The question is: Can he produce it consistently at this level? He’s been one of our strongest players offensively in camp, and we’d be crazy not to recognize the strength he has there.”

In Connolly, the Leafs not only cleared their financial picture by waiving him, they announced their firm belief that their young stars — Kadri, Frattin, Rielly, Komarov — will be a big part of this season, even if some are not part of the season-opening roster.

vCash
    ^ That was from Thursday, still interesting.

vCash
    Tyril Ong ‏@tdotsfinest26
    Ben Scrivens will start tonight vs Montreal! Good move, he's the better goalie right now and is in mid-season form! #Leafs #TMLTalk
    Followed by Jason Pires and 4 others

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast